questions about DR weapons

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Re: questions about DR weapons

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

willism28 wrote:too bad a lead pipe does more damage than a aluminum bat.. :roll:

Aren't aluminum bats actually hollow and rather thin metal?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Daniel Stoker wrote:
willism28 wrote:too bad a lead pipe does more damage than a aluminum bat.. :roll:

Daniel Stoker

Yep, sure are. that's why I prefer a good all wood bat, when I play zombie baseball. :twisted:
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

willism28 wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:

Daniel Stoker

yeah but a aluminum bat is designed to swing, hit, and inflict force.

a lead pipe is designed to move water.

equal rights for aluminum bats!

Yes thats what al. bats are designed for, now go take that bat and a lead pipe find a melon patch and compare which one actually does significant damge on a single swing basis.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Hooligan Tool, or my personal favorite, the Rock Hammer! You also have to remember the weight of a pipe vs a bat.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Michael Barakofsky »

willism28 wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:

Daniel Stoker

yeah but a aluminum bat is designed to swing, hit, and inflict force.

a lead pipe is designed to move water.

equal rights for aluminum bats!

Back in my school days growing up I got jumped by some guys and one hit me with an aluminum bat, it wrapped around my arm and didnt do much more than bruise it (of course the bat was about useless after that) I am pretty sure a lead pipe would have broken my arm. However from first hand experience I have no fear of aluminum bats.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
John 3:16 says it all
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

zander112 wrote:what ever happend to the good old days when we horded ammo and strapped ourselves to high heaven with every fire arm we could carry ? gleefully laughing whilst popping off rounds ?
ill take my M14 and my Remmington 870 over your lead pipes and baseball bats

Yeah, but what will you do when the ammo runs out?
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Michael Barakofsky wrote:
zander112 wrote:what ever happend to the good old days when we horded ammo and strapped ourselves to high heaven with every fire arm we could carry ? gleefully laughing whilst popping off rounds ?

Ever handle an M-14 with a bayonet? While it's not a traditional spear it's well ballanced and I don't know of much that will take 10 pounds of steel and hardwood upside the head and keep going. Heck the M-14's daddy was known to do a great job on Axis troops even without the bayonet or ammo.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rockwolf66 wrote:
Michael Barakofsky wrote:

Ever handle an M-14 with a bayonet? While it's not a traditional spear it's well ballanced and I don't know of much that will take 10 pounds of steel and hardwood upside the head and keep going. Heck the M-14's daddy was known to do a great job on Axis troops even without the bayonet or ammo.

Sadly I must admit I haven't had the honor to use many of the weapons I have a liking for, namely because civilian ownership of full auto weapons is illegal around here.
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

zander112 wrote:i'm a gunsmith i can reload my own shells.

Cool, good or you I mean it the ability to make ones own ammo will be very handy in a zombie apocolypse. Can you also make the powder and percussion caps when those run out? (Honest question not trying to badger or anything).

Me personally, I have 2 broad swords, 1 survival knife, and know where I can get my hands on a very good axe. So when I run out of ammo I will still be able to fight zombies. I dont thing chopping off a zeds head would be any harder than chopping a 3 inch across mesquit trunk in a single hit.

Return to “Dead Reign™”