Natural MD weapons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Re: Natural MD weapons

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Wormwood resin weapons.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Madhaven mutant bones IIRC inflict MD.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Curious ..

Dont Dragon bones also become MD when in places such as Rifts earth ?
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Evidently kisentite weapons also inflict MD, according to the Coalition Navy book.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

There's a kind of crystal sword from Phase World that does MD, and isn't magic.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

R0NlN13 wrote:Where's the Worm Wood resin stuff? I ave Wormwood, remember reading about it, but can't seem to find it in the book.

It is implied, as resin weapons inflict MD and are not destroyed if they leave wormwood.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
CushionRide
D-Bee

Unread post by CushionRide »

your best bet and most readily available md melee weapons would be bone weapons or vibro, i would try to find the bone weapons,

these are awesome, not only do they do mega damage but they also damage spirit entities too

vibro weapons are a persons next pic. my bishamon monk in our current game replaced his Daito with a vibro version. i decided MD was preferable to sdc

{"DROP YOUR WEAPONS OR WE KILL YOUR COMMANDER!", i raised my rocket launcher and fired a volley of 4 missiles at them. well actualy i targeted the LT......} at this point the GM looks at me "are you serious", "yes, im shooting the LT. the best way to solve a hostage situation is to eliminate the hostage"

Diabolic RULES!!!!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Lenwen wrote:Curious ..

Dont Dragon bones also become MD when in places such as Rifts earth ?

Only when they're part of a dragon.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

R0NlN13 wrote:Is there any ancient weapons out there that inflict M.D. without being magic? Like is there some sort of M.D.C. material you can make a sword of out or something and it does M.D.?

Steeltree weapons inflict MD for no apparent reason.
It might be magic, it might not.

Xiticix melee weapons inflict MD for no apparent reason; they don't seem to be magic.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Rifts®”