left 4 dead

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kevarin
Adventurer

left 4 dead

Unread post by kevarin »

think this looks like dead reign in a video game format

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/lef ... 843p1.html
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
DtMK
Hero

Re: left 4 dead

Unread post by DtMK »

Left 4 Dead looks great, and I like the special zombie types. Smokers, with super-long tongues that snag opponents to pull them closer, Hunters that are fast, can leap far and even cloak like a predator, then you have Tanks which I believe are walking walls, and Boomers that are bloated corpses that explode!

I really need to make some of these for my games. :D
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Left 4 Dead looks great, and I like the special zombie types. Smokers, with super-long tongues that snag opponents to pull them closer, Hunters that are fast, can leap far and even cloak like a predator, then you have Tanks which I believe are walking walls, and Boomers that are bloated corpses that explode!

I really need to make some of these for my games. :D

You're not the only one who loves this game. Only thing that is bad is that there have been too many good games this fall!!!! :badbad:

I will try to get it in the next few weeks, have to balance finances first. :ugh:
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

kosherboy wrote:Believe it or not, I got Left 4 Dead just I day after I received Dead Reign! As an avid gamer, I think both games are terrific in their own way. I could see most GM's borrowing elements from Left 4 Dead and incorporating them into their own DR games easily

Already thought about that in the later years after the wave. 8)

It'll be interesting to add up for the additional zombie type count.
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Use Dead Reign to finally play as Chicago Ted.

But yeah, got L4D, lovin' it. And this would also be my gamertag to the left of this post.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

hOW'S THE pc VERSION?
Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shotgun Jolly »

First of all, the PC version is great.

I just bought a brand new laptop, after taking a few years off from upgrading any of my computers and keeping upto speed with computer tech. And this is the game I picked up to go along with it.

Its Awesome, its alot of fun. The multiplayer aspects is pretty cool too, and it forces the humans to work as a team. You can also play as one of the speical zombies too, and hunt other human players. Its really cool. The good thing about this, if you think you can solo in the map while the rest of the guys are dying. You are going to be the one who ends up dead, cause if you get sacked by a special zombie.. you are toast with out the others help!

As for this being like resident evil.. its not one bit like it, other then that it has zombies in it. The action is so fast paced, at times, you dont even have time to reload!!! run away, heal up... let alone breath!

It also has a feature in it, so that the "power up" items are not always in the same spot, and if the computer AI feels you been sitting around to long, you are going to get yourself in some serious trouble. So the idea of hanging back and sniping Zack from miles away as you are safely hidden in the tree line is going right down the toilet. Also, the Speical zombies are not in the same spot either, so if you think that "witch" that killed you when you walked around the wrecked bus last game is still going to be there. Its a good chance its not, and may be somewhere else..

If you want a cool, fun, fast paced, simple fps with lots of playability.. this ones for you :) Its actually being played more the WOW.
©-JC Locke retains ownership and rights of all original artwork and information posted
by the ShotGun Jolly account.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

just got left 4 dead and played the first mission louis didn't make it
off the roof smoker got him right as i got on the chopper
and it didn't let me go back to save him

but what a ride picked a fight with a witch that hurt like hell came around a corner and
she was sitting in the floor and just shot on reaction that didn't happen again
but love this game one of the best iv played
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

are the safe houses save points trying to figure out if you have to
play a mission all the way thru or can take a break ?

Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

kevarin wrote:are the safe houses save points trying to figure out if you have to
play a mission all the way thru or can take a break ?

The safe house is the start/end point of the chapter. So, when you go to start a solo game. You can just pick what ever safe house you want to start off at.

One of the cool features that I like is that you can play on any map you want with out having to play through the whole game.
©-JC Locke retains ownership and rights of all original artwork and information posted
Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

kevarin wrote:just got left 4 dead and played the first mission louis didn't make it
off the roof smoker got him right as i got on the chopper
and it didn't let me go back to save him

I just finished the one at the airport. I was just running up the ramp, to get into the herc and fly to safety. And I got grabbed by a smoker and got pulled what seemed like miles away from the aircraft. Just as we got swarmed by a horde of Zeds. naturally, the crew ran back to help me, but I was pulled so far away I was mauled to death by the hoard before they could kill the smoker!! I was on the RAMP!!!
The Beast

Just got the PC version today. Played the 1st two levels on easy by myself just to get a feel for it and I must say that higher difficulties are gonna be a pain. :ugh: I kept having to get rescued, and always seem to take more damage and go through ammo faster than everyone else. :badbad:

Usually I don't like being rushed through a game, but I think it's right for this game. I don't like how it's easy to lose track of where you're suppossed to go. It would be nice if there was a command to get the rest of the team to either point out the way or take the lead. Plus the booklet that came with the game was only a two-sided page. It'd be nice if it had a little more to it.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

i try to use my pistols as much as possible and only use main
weapons until there's a zombie rush or the end stand off most
of the time i pick the hunting rifle or m-16 for shooting zombies
at range and i like the hunting rifle because it can take out two
zombies with one shot in a mob

this is also a good game to show people how hard it can be to hit
a zombie in the head while there moving i dont know how many
times i have missed a zombie head shot because it stumbled or
swayed back while walking forward sometimes it can really suck

and this is on the pc version not sure if there is a difference
between the two

Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Sinistershelly wrote:I totally feel your pain on making it in and then being snatched away. GRRRRR I still yet have been able to beat a campaign on expert.

I cant survive long enough to wait for the helicopter to land in advanced!!!

And, you think the tank is tough in easy or normal level!!! its brutal in anything higher and I dare not think of it in expert!
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

all i can say after playing the last mission is corn fields suck
but game finished on easy moving up to normal

Shotgun Jolly
Dungeon Crawler

Advanced level.

Running to chopper on Mercy. Chopper just about to land and I was running to it. Got caught by a tank, and he punched me clean off the building!!! That was the closest I got to clearing the level!

I been 3 days trying that level over and over!
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

im having trouble on normal with the man lift up to the roof
i think the building is a warehouse dont remember but after
your on the roof they have decided to put in a tanker
and hes beating the crap out of me every time (

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

I love this game, I have thus far gotten over 3/4 of the achievements, including one-shoting a witch-at point blank-with a pistol. I also beat all the campaigns on every level up to advanced, and all but the airport on expert. That last part sucks, because if your allies are alive, but not on the plane, you can't win until they are all dead or safe, and no one is safe until you all are. freakin herc...
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
The Beast

:frust: They stuck a rotten tank on the top floor in the No Mercy mission. I watched as it smacked Zoey out the sides, and said to myself "That'll be me in a few minutes" I thought I caught a break when it turned toward Bill, but then I backed up over the edge and Francis helped me up instead of killing the tank. :badbad:
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

The Beast wrote::frust: They stuck a rotten tank on the top floor in the No Mercy mission. I watched as it smacked Zoey out the sides, and said to myself "That'll be me in a few minutes" I thought I caught a break when it turned toward Bill, but then I backed up over the edge and Francis helped me up instead of killing the tank. :badbad:

If the first tank got you mad then your gonna be pissed when the second one shows up!
The Beast

I wasn't on the final mission, I was at the end of the one before it. I don't have much of a problem handling the tanks on the final missions, there's usually a mini-gun available to lay into them.
The Beast

Gideon wrote:You think that's bad, try getting tossed off the top of the hospital by the Tank at the end of No Mercy.

If you position yourself in the right spot, you shouldn't have that problem (unless you're on expert I guess), unless it occurs when the chopper finally arrives and you're trying to get in it.

I've also noticed that (for me at least) Dead Air seems to be the easiest one to collect awards on.

Return to “Dead Reign™”