Woah! The Yucatan!

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fubarius
Explorer

Unread post by Fubarius »

I've been tempted to draw up a full north american map using a few ideas I had (a kingdom here, a large tribal area there, a high tech militarized area over there, a few radioactive wastelands scattered around, etc).

Really, most areas would be considered frontier or wilderness with little or no rule of law and very little in the way of civilization.
David Johnson
aka Fubarius
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

The Road Hogs map covers the western seaboard & part of the midwest (labeled "Plains of Free Cattle"), and there were plans to produce a Free Cattle Plains book, but the plug got pulled on ATB1 & it never saw the light of day, AFAIK.
Last edited by BookWyrm on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Fubarius
Explorer

The Roadhogs map really doesn't cover that much territory. It really barely covers California.
David Johnson
aka Fubarius
Fubarius
Explorer

nope. The farthest north city on the map http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/cuttingroom/images/atbmap2.jpg is Redding, Callifornia. Canada is a good 700 miles further north.
David Johnson
aka Fubarius
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Unknown_Nobody wrote:AAAAH! still no maps for what the books don't show.... :frust:

How truely perplexing. I mean do I have to writ a book myself???

Go ahead. I'd suggest starting with some Rifter articles, so they get to know you as a writer, first... the articles can contribute to your later full book, so it can also help writing them out. Then, work on a proposal... I've got a link for how to set up a formal writing proposal. I suggest that gets sent snail mail.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

AtB isn't a board game, you don't need anymore maps than what it already has. IMO, the maps in the books should be what one would consider AtB scholars have pieced together through information gathering from adventurers, explorers, myths, etc.

AtB does not need to be fleshed out, stick to Erick's theme of just giving you enough to kindle your imagination. If you want a fleshed out world then go play Riftsdiculous.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
gordyzx9r
Hero

macksting wrote:Gordy: And yet, having a solid idea of what the scholars know as of this time could be very nice.
I do like the Here Be Dragons theory, but you can understand why I'd want scans of all of the above for my own benefit as a GM.

The maps in the books are available as pdfs in the cutting room floor...for th e most part. I just don't like the idea of fleshing out the AtB setting.
gordyzx9r
Hero

macksting wrote:Well obviously, if you're gonna get around, you're gonna run into things...
I see your point, but some things oughta at least be determined by individual GMs, and they'll often be needing ideas.

Individual GMs fleshing out the setting is fine, that's the optimal scenario IMO. It's when the company that produces the game fleshes out every minute detail; that irritates me because then it attracts people who can't think on their own. They want detailed explanations for everything and crave minutia so the rules lawyers can fumble through books trying to call one another out.
gordyzx9r
Hero

macksting wrote:...I assume that's not personal.

My little rant wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the community at large.
Fubarius
Explorer

I like detail in the setting, what I hate is an overly developed storyline (I.E. older Whitewolf stuff). Sure, flesh out the past, but leave the present and the future open.
David Johnson
aka Fubarius
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

IIRC, I think Road Hogs says that Redding is the last stop before you get into Road Hog (the gang) controlled territory. I believe it also mentions that Redding has erected a wall around the city. Being that I live in Redding, I would be REALLY curious to see where that wall got put, and what happened to Shasta Dam (might even be a good idea for a campaign). If I was a better writer and mapmaker, I would consider writing it up and sending it in to the Rifter. It's VERY encouraging to see that Filly is in Rifter 41! :D
gordyzx9r
Hero

tundro wrote:It's VERY encouraging to see that Filly is in Rifter 41! :D

Hopefully it's line with AtB's theme and not Rifts like the Dinosaur articles were.

Without knowing who wrote the article, I'm kinda worried that it'll be too detailed or stray.
kel13x13
D-Bee

Re:

Unread post by kel13x13 »

tundro wrote:IIRC, I think Road Hogs says that Redding is the last stop before you get into Road Hog (the gang) controlled territory. I believe it also mentions that Redding has erected a wall around the city. Being that I live in Redding, I would be REALLY curious to see where that wall got put, and what happened to Shasta Dam (might even be a good idea for a campaign). If I was a better writer and mapmaker, I would consider writing it up and sending it in to the Rifter. It's VERY encouraging to see that Filly is in Rifter 41! :D

I know that this is long gone by, but I was just looking over the map for Redding using http://www.openstreetmap.org/ and http://maps.google.com and the wall question really comes down to how big the city would be After the Bomb.

Putting a wall around the entire pre-fall city would be a huge feet of modern construction that would be bordering on fantastic now and would not happen even as an earthen wall post-fall. Ok, it could happen but not likely.

Just spit balling and arm chair general-ing having never been on the ground out there...

if you had to fortify the entire city your going to want to make check points and chop up the ground so a truck could not get around them. if there was a way you could even set the ground up so a moat forms.

There are multiple choke points the easy ones are the state routs and the interstate.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”