New Achilles Heel

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Re: New Achilles Heel

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

I have a few more to come in the next week or so
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

thats cool I don't recall a cast no reflection flaw cool :ok:

105. Achilles Heel: Fragile Mind
Characters M.E. attribute is reduce by 75% or to 4 (use the greater number) the character has a total lack of self worth and is most likely metal unstable. Can not handle stress (-4 save vs insanities, possession and psionic attacks, 95% chance of having 1D4+1 insanities roll on the random insanity tables.

106. Achilles Heel: Supernatural barrier
The character may be held at bay but one type of object, it could be a religious/holy symbol, holy ground or baseball cards. Whatever the chosen object the effects are the same, character must stay 1D8+2 X 100 yards way from the item if displayed. the character can force himself closer by 100 yards per save vs magic with a -4 penalty but even if he can force him self forward it takes 1 melee round of concentration and the characters powers are weaked by 10% per 100 yards he must cross.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Great work and glad to see you back, Dragon blaze.
I like Supernatural Barrier. It is kind of a must have for certain types of vampire legends to be played out in the game, and definitely one I can put to use. :twisted:
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Great work and glad to see you back, Dragon blaze.
I like Supernatural Barrier. It is kind of a must have for certain types of vampire legends to be played out in the game, and definitely one I can put to use. :twisted:

cool still more to come
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

Achilles Heel: Morphic Resistance.

Note: this Heel is for Mega Heroes with powers that rely on physical transformation; Lycanthropy, Growth, any of the Alter Physical Structure powers, etc.

Unlike most shape-changers, the Mega Hero with this flaw finds transformation difficult and profoundly painful. It takes him one full minute to shift into another form, during which time he experiences the agony of his bones, muscles and flesh being forced into an unnatural state. The hero must successfully save vs. pain (12 or higher; M.E. bonuses are applicable), or spend the next 1D4 melee rounds curled up in an agonised, whimpering heap.

In an emergency, the super being can accelerate the transformation and complete the change in just one melee round, but the experience is even more excruciating: the hero must roll 16 or higher to save vs. pain (M.E. bonuses still apply) or suffer the same penalty as above. Additionally, whether the save is successful or not, the super being loses 3D6 Hit Points.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

I have added these new Achilles Heels of yours to the wiki, DB. Look forward to seeing what else you come up with and might get a few more of them out myself soon.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

107. Achilles Heel: One shot power
The character has one superhuman ability that can old be activated once per day. This should be tied to a combat power like an energy expulsion; this power is stronger when active doing 25% more damage. For none combat power the activation time is 1d4 melees for majors and 1D4 minutes for minors

108. Achilles Heel: Activation
The characters powers must be activated by a mental or verbal command. However, the powers do not always work; the chance is 10%+5% per level (30% at level 5) this role must be made every other melee round if the character fails the power are turned off and cannot be restarted for 1D4 melee rounds.

109. Achilles Heel: Alter Ego
The characters powers are tried to there secret ID, if the character is called by his real name he must save vs Horror factor of 16 or change to his weak alter ego. all powers are lost until his ego can be restored in 1D4 melee rounds.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

still looking for more myth based ideas so drop me a line if someone has some ideas they would like made up

Dragon_blaze
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

110. Achilles Heel: Critical pain
The character is overcome with extreme pain whenever he rolls a critical strike. If the critical hits he must save vs pain of 18 or have his combat abilities ½ for 4 melee rounds and takes 25% of the damage he inflicted. If the strike misses the save vs pain is automatically failed and combat bonuses are halved.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

111. Achilles Heel: Fat cat
For mega mages and psionics who have the mega power tremendous PPE and ISP, the character weighs 1 extra lbs per PPE/ISP so a character with 400PPE would weigh an extra 400lbs, the extra power is stored in the fat cells and the weight goes up and down as power are used/energy is gained. For each 100lbs over the over the normal weight of the character his speed is reduce by 3, strike, parry and dodge is –1, for each 300lbs is reduce the number of attacks by 2. e.g. a character who weights 200lbs and has 400PPE/ISP the character weighs 600lbs (400 extra) is – 12 speed, - 4 strike, parry and dodge and -2 actions. The small up side is that each extra 100 lbs adds + 1 damage. The other major problem is that the weight is always changing causing the characters clothing to fall off or rip.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

has this one been listed yet?

Heel: Powers always on.
The character cannot shut off his powers.
in the case of EE based powers some sort of blocking material may used for some semblance of normality.

(inspired by all those comics characters of this nature)
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Damian Magecraft wrote:has this one been listed yet?

in the case of EE based powers some sort of blocking material may used for some semblance of normality.

not yet but you should try stating it out a little more

3-4 more coming soon :D
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:

In what manner should it be stated out? This is more of a player has to cope with never being "normal" again than a your powers are gimped heel.
It would work best with characters that have an APS, EE, or have to transform to use powers (especially if the form is monstrous).
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Damian Magecraft wrote:
dragon_blaze_99 wrote:

In what manner should it be stated out? This is more of a player has to cope with never being "normal" again than a your powers are gimped heel.
It would work best with characters that have an APS, EE, or have to transform to use powers (especially if the form is monstrous).

some penalties along the line of cost for a contaminate (sp?) device or a random damaging stuff roll or something but it would be 90% player running the flaw

it still very good bye the bye not knocking it at all
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

112. Achilles Heel: unusual fragrance
The character gives of an odd scent; it is not necessarily a bad smell just something unexpected. The major disadvantages are trying to keep ones secret identity (a person who smells like apple and a hero who also smells like apples could be one and the same)
In addition, it is very easy to track the hero by smell anyone who can track by smell gets a +30% to track this individual and can track for twice the normal range before another check is required. The only time the tracking bonus does not apply is if the character is surrounded by the same scent i.e. if the character smells like apples and is running through a ripe apple orchard.

113. Achilles Heel: Green thumb
The mega has the distinguishing flaw that wherever the characters skin is exposed to a non-living material flowers and grass crop up. The characters clothing is unaffected by this effect allowing them to use gloves and shoes to prevent this but it is very hard to be gloved and shoed 24 hours a day 7 days a week! The plants that grow are “natural” to the surroundings like water plants in a shower or cactus in a desert. The plant will root and stay alive if not disturbed and will grow through concrete or asphalt in a place that the plants could not normally live (the middle of a street etc.) the plants will still live for 24 hours per level of the character. The amount of plant growth is equal to the size of the body part. But all effects are doubled if the character is wounded and bleeding then the size is doubled and if the mega’s blood should hit the ground then the pool of plant life grows to 1’x1’ area per level of the character and last twice as long (48 hours level).

have fun
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Achilles Heel: Laser Tag by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing is naturally stunned and disoriented by laser energy and light. If hit by light or laser attacks, the superbeing will be stunned and unable to perform any actions for the rest of the melee round and have to save vs. stun. If failing the save, the superbeing will remain stunned for 1d4 melee rounds.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

114. Achilles Heel: Mega Limb
The characters physical strength is restrained to one over sized limb. The size of the limb is 1D4+1 times the size around and the same rolled # in inches longer. The average 3% body fat males are is 13” around and say 2’6” so a roll of 5 would be 2’11” and 65” around. The rest of the characters body is normal and has normal strength if the characters limb has a supernatural strength of 30 the rest of the body is 30 normal human.

115. Achilles Heel: Duality
The characters powers are tied to another’s, if the two people come near each other there powers weaken. For every two day the characters are near each other the character’s levels drop 1, also the characters are tied that as ones takes damage so does the other but only if with in 50’. The two can be friends, lover, allies or deepest enemies it matters not but the two are drawn together and will run into each other at least every 30 days unless they both are trying to avoid each other which pushes it once every 1D4 months.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

116. Achilles Heel: Screw Loose
The Heroes super human capabilities are hampered by his mental health. The mega starts play with 1 random delusion or insanity. after first level the mega gains a new phobia at 2nd, a random insanity at 3rd, an obsession at 4th, an effective disorder at 6th, a new phobia at 8th, new random insanity 10th and 11th, a psychosis at 12th, a neurosis at 13th and random insanity at 14th and 15th. on top of all that the character has no save bonuses vs. insanities regardless of ME attribute and super abilities. The characters disturbed metal state does add some bonus like + 1 vs. possession + 3 vs. mind control and + 2 vs. horror factor.

117. Achilles Heel: Constant power stream
The character cannot turn off his powers, the mega is incapable of pulling punch, if the character has ISP or PPE the energy drains away at 1 point every 15 minutes when the character is not meditating or sleeping. Other powers like APS and growth do not turn off unless the mega is knocked-out (but not when sleeping), the is a 75% chance -2% each level after 2nd of powers firing off or working with out character control (effects are left up to GM and very by super human ability)
Sasqaricious
D-Bee

Unread post by Sasqaricious »

OK my first attempt, did let Dragon Blaze see them first

Achilles Heel: Curse of the same sex.

Normally like all good heroes and bad you get your fan base. The only problem is that instead of the standard following of the opposite sex fauning over you, well you come across as Gay. Unfortunnately this means all your press pastes you as the gay hero. Some rednecks will not appreciate your help at all, there is nothing you can do to convince people of your straightness otherwise.

Achilles Heel: Curse of the good looking.

You must have a PB above 16 in order to take this flaw. Your good looks are as much a hinderence as a bonus to you as members of the opposite sex constantly faun over you every chance they get. Unfortunately they do not always wait until the safest time to do so. Half your crime fighthing involves you keeping those that you are keeping safe from getting themselves killed.
Good music is deffined by the listener and not everyone else!
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

sweet more people maling heels :twisted:

more to come soon(ish)
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

118. Achilles Heel: Causality
Two characters within the game must take the flaw. The characters superhuman abilities are tied together their powers weaken if the spend time apart from each other. Powers drop by one level per 24 hours the characters spend apart. Also the characters powers are weakened by 10% per 100’ they are apart (1000’ = 100% power lost) , on the up side the bond allows them to track each other 45% +5% per level (+20% if badly hurt all SDC gone)

119. Achilles Heel: Good Will
The character must do thing to keep up his profile with the people and media with in “his” city. The character has to maintain a good public image or his powers will begin to fade. The character has some public support and the beginning of the game equal to his MA and PB (to a max of 60%) however, this means his powers are only at 60% and go up and down with public approval. During combat the characters powers are at 100% if fighting on behalf of the people of the city but will drop to his normal rating if there is damage to public or privet property or if a civilian or police, office is badly injured. If the character falls out of the good graces of the city 10% or less of over 30 days there is a 10% chance per week of losing his powers all together. If powers are totally lost the character can change identities or try to rebuild his reputation but this will be a long process.

120. Achilles Heel: Wanted
A villain, organization or supernatural creatures hunts the character. This they know the Mega beings identity and can track its whereabouts 75% of the time, they will attack any time they think the can get the character off guard. This villain/organization is working towards the capture and destruction of the heroes and maybe any of the heroes’ allies and will attack with 25% more force then they believe is required to over come the hero and allies. In addition, they will use anything at their disposal to undermine the hero to destroy his/her public image and privet life. There is also a 25% chance every day that the villain/organization finds out the true identity of the heroes allies (5% chance of discovering there Achilles heel if any) and using this information agents said mega and friends.

121. Achilles Heel: Dark side
When the Mega is exposed to one type of attack/element/mineral etc, it will transform the character it to a villainous version of the hero. The transformation last for 1 hour per melee the character was exposed to the item, the effect are twice as long if the item get in to the characters blood stream. The heroes alignment becomes diabolic and has full HP and SDC (but not when changing back) even if the hero was badly hurt.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

122. Achilles Heel: Over anxious
The character is always trying to get ahead and be first however, the character does not plain ahead and this causes problems. When ever the character win initiative and acts first all of the characters combat bonuses and halved for the melee round also the character loses the ability to auto parry and auto dodge (if any) the character does get a one time bonus to initiative of 1d4+1 but this is not always a good thing.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

ok so i have started working on flaws just for villains this is the first one i hope everyone can find some time to give it a try.

123. Achilles Heel: Thrill Killer
The character must kill one person every 48 hours or their superhuman abilities start to frizzle out losing 20% of the total power every day. After 5 days with out killing, the character loses all powers and must kill a person every 24 hours for the next 5 days for his powers to come back fully.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

sucidal

the charater is in a perminate state of sucidal depression every time
some thing really bad happens the player must roll vrs insanity to keep
from doing somthing self destructive
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

Prince Cherico wrote:sucidal

You know, I've noticed that some of these are potential game breakers. I mean, the main book gives ones like near-sighted and allergy. (Allergy as in hay fever, not spontaneous combustion if you throw a strawberry at him)
However, this might be an interesting role-playing idea if the character has one of the immortality powers. All he wants to do is die, and he can't.
Reminds me of a little known Warren Ellis comic called Lazarus Churchyard. (I won't give anymore details, so as not to trigger the no-conversion hammer.)

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

BillionSix wrote:
Prince Cherico wrote:sucidal

You know, I've noticed that some of these are potential game breakers. I mean, the main book gives ones like near-sighted and allergy. (Allergy as in hay fever, not spontaneous combustion if you throw a strawberry at him)
However, this might be an interesting role-playing idea if the character has one of the immortality powers. All he wants to do is die, and he can't.
Reminds me of a little known Warren Ellis comic called Lazarus Churchyard. (I won't give anymore details, so as not to trigger the no-conversion hammer.)

Brian

sucidal is going a little far for most/some games but its up to the player and the GM if it suits his game, as for some of my own FLAWS make heroes what they are not their powers, they are great a powerful but the things that make them human is what make the standard person believe they too can be a hero, I have tried to take things from comics, movie & mythology and make them flaws that can be fun to play also i take flaw thatr normal people have and try to "Mega" them up that how i look and making and using the flaw, and IMHO that how anyone who wants to make them should look at it.
Later Dragon_blaze_99
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

124. Achilles Heel: Punch Drunk
1. Showing signs of brain damage caused by repeated blows to the head. Used especially of a boxer.
2. Behaving in a bewildered, confused, or dazed manner.

When ever the Mega is reduce to zero SDC or fails a save vs pain, he goes in to a combat daze, the lose all bonuses to parry, dodge (all auto dodge if any) roll, pull and perception he will attack the source of the pain (ie the attacker) and ANYONE that gets in his way. well in this state he feels no pain from any further attacks and will act as if not hurt until the passes out from damage or regains his senses (in 2d4+2 melees). there is some advantages well in this alter state the character has double his normal strike bonus and attacks but will only use super brawling attacks or power punch but he will ignore most incoming attacks and be unable to tell friend from foe.
Senator Cybus
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Save me, Barry!

Unread post by Senator Cybus »

BillionSix wrote:[You know, I've noticed that some of these are potential game breakers. I mean, the main book gives ones like near-sighted and allergy. (Allergy as in hay fever, not spontaneous combustion if you throw a strawberry at him

:lol: This actually (in a roundabout sort of way) gave me an idea:

Achilles Heel: Death by Chocolate.

The Mega-Hero is unable to derive any nourishment from processed foods. Furthermore, the additives in modern pre-packaged food are actually toxic to the hero, causing him 2D4 Hit Points of damage if ingested. He can only eat or drink organic, un-processed foodstuffs, free of any man-made additives. Even tap water will be poisonous, if it has been chemically treated at any point: the hero would need bottled spring water from a pure source instead.

And another...

Achilles Heel: Sympathetic Substance.

The Mega-Hero has a peculiar effect on one particular substance (a precious metal, type of gem, etc.) - it glows in his presence! Whenever the hero gets within 20 feet (6 m) of the substance, it will glow like a candle, its light getting slightly (but noticeably) brighter the closer he gets.

No matter how he might try to hide or disguise himself, the hero cannot prevent this reaction, giving knowledgeable enemies the perfect advance warning of his approach.

In the interests of fairness, GM's and players should choose the substance together - gold, Kisentite and diamonds are reasonable choices, whereas oxygen or Sasquatch sweat are not. :D
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Nice :D
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Achilles heel:Music dependence

The character powers are only activate when he/she Hears Music.

What do you think?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gaby wrote:Achilles heel:Music dependence

The character powers are only activate when he/she Hears Music.

What do you think?

I think one like that was done by Prince Cherico, but you would have to go through the posts, I cannot be sure.
:?
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Jan 20th was the last time i post a flaw im going to have to get to work on some new ones.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I might be able to help you out with one:

Achilles Heel: Center of Attention by Stone Gargoyle

The hero will only perform services in general while people are watching and does it for the publicity. If he is not being publicized or watched by a large crowd, the hero will lose his Mega special powers, and any other powers he has are only half as powerful as another hero with the same powers, cutting his power ranges and duration by half.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

125. Achilles Heel: Rede abider “in the harm none do what you will”
The character cannot use his powers directly on a living target, so he cannot attack directly and must come up with more creative way to apprehend villains or save people. If the character try to directly use there powers against a living target the frizzle out and do not work. Therefore, if someone is falling from a building the Mega cannot use her TK to catch the person but could use it on a rug and have the rug catch the person.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Achilles Heel: First Blood by Stone Gargoyle

The Mega lives by a code not to strike anyone unless they strike him first. He therefore will not roll initiative when entering into an encounter, preferring to let the opponent act first,and even then suffers a penalty of -4 to his initiative to attack. If he does chance to attack first, his Mega special powers will abandon him and will not return for 2d4 hours. His other powers are unaffected, however. He does gain a +4 to Pull Punch when abiding by this moral code.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

hunger strike-your power does not work if you have eaten ANYTHING in the last 24 hours!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Re:

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
dragon_blaze_99 wrote:O.K this one is a little out there but I think it would be great fun.

85. Achilles Heel: Jacked-In
The character is a normal person who controls his hero identity via a first person shooter or 3/4 view fighting game. He views thing as if it is a video game and my not know that he is transformed into the hero and it is not a game! In addition, if someone else gets control of the game the Hi jacks the characters physical body. The player my save Vs mind control every 10 minutes to try to break free. The Hi jacked character can not control his transformation and some could find out the ID of said hero when they transform him back.

I like this one, but would play it as the person being in a sleeping state and dreaming they are playing the game. It could also be done to where the kid thinks he is in a video game simulator but it actually controls a body suit or android/artificial body, but then that would not realy be super powers, would it?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gat ... edium.html lol
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

126. Achilles Heel: Power of the True name
A true name is a word or group of words in the Ancient Language, which represented a person's true self. Since the Ancient Language allows objects to be controlled through their names, the knowledge of one's true name is a source of great power. It is warned that if another person learned his true name, that person could control him.

System: When with in 100’ of the mega a person knowing his true name can take control of all the mega characters actions, as if under a mind control, (the hero may save vs. possession but at -4 and does not gain the +2 vs. possession from being a mega). However the name possessors is in full control and can make the person do things against there alignment (but not against the possessor alignment). The possession last for the possessors ME in minutes and they can only take over the mega once per 24 hours, however this does not stop others from using the name to take control.

127. Achilles Heel: Mega Hemophiliac
Is a group of hereditary genetic disorders that impair the body's ability to control blood clotting or coagulation, which is used to stop bleeding when a blood vessel is broken, Hemophilia can be life threatening in normal cases but with a mega it is down right lethal all the time. Thus, a hemophiliac does not bleed more intensely than a normal person, but for a much longer amount of time. In severe hemophiliacs, even a minor injury could result in blood loss lasting days, weeks, or not ever healing completely. The critical risk here is with normally small injuries, which, due to missing factor VIII, take long times to heal. In areas such as the brain or inside joints this can be fatal or permanently debilitating.
System: The character does not gain the Mega healing bonus and even his normal moral healing rate is change, reduced it by 60%, once hit point damage is taken the character will bleed out 1 HP every 7 seconds (2 per melee) and will continue this until incapacitated. Drugs for treating normal levels of hemophilia will not help the Mega at all and are more like to cause the Mega more problems do to side effects.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Cool. Wiki updated.
I particularly like the Power of the True Name. That is just awesome.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

128. Achilles Heel: Accelerated aging

The diseases described as accelerated aging disease, in which various tissues, organs and systems of the human body age prematurely.
System: the Mega has to make the best of the time they have, after reaching full physical maturity between the ages of 15-18 years the character start to age abnormally. At that point the character ages 5 years for everyone he has lived (could look and feel 20 by age 16, 40 by age 20 and so on) with the average male in North America living 74 years this character would only have 10 to 11 years to live.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

another example of weak spot
Queen Gandhari is distraught when she hears that all her sons except Duryodhana have been slain. Despite knowing that Duryodhana was wicked and his cause unrighteous, she decides to help him win. Asking him to bathe and enter her tent naked, she prepares to use the great mystic power of her eyes, blind-folded for many years out of respect for her blind husband, to make his body invincible to all attack in every portion.

But when Krishna, who is returning after paying the queen a visit, runs into a naked Duryodhana coming to the tent, he mockingly admonishes him for his intent to appear so before his own mother. Knowing of Gandhari's intentions, Krishna criticizes Duryodhana, who sheepishly covers his groin before entering the tent.

When Gandhari's eyes fall upon Duryodhana, they mystically make each part of his body invincible. She is shocked to see that Duryodhana had covered his groin, which were thus not protected by her mystic power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duryodhana ... with_Bhima
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

129. Achilles Heel: Distracting power
One of the Mega beings powers required his full concentration to use, the character loses all dodge ability when using said power (if the character has auto dodge they can do so but with no bonuses only straight up dice rolls). The flaw must be tied to one power that required some sort of activations, like energy expulsions or APS type powers. The dodge penalties last for as long as the power is activated or in the case of expulsion type powers it last for 1 melee per attack made ( 4 attacks = 4 rounds)

130. Achilles Heel: Perception impaired
The character has no bonuses to perception, and suffers a -5 on all perception roles.

131. Achilles Heel: Wild card
"wild cards" refer to low-probability, high-impact events. At random, the character is subject to wild card event. A wild event is triggered each time the player roll a 1 or 5% of the time under stressful situations (eq disarming a bomb or something)
Wild event chart roll %
1-8: Blind; character is blinded for 1 melee round +1D4 melees
9-16: Deaf: character is deafened for 1 melee round +1D4 melees
17-24: Wild Target: 1-30% enemy 31-60% ally 61-90% civilian/bystander 91-100% area
of 20’ per level of the Mega.
25-32: Half Duration: the duration of all the Mega’s powers, spell and psionics are ½ for
2D4 melee rounds
33-40: Increased Range: the range of all the Mega’s powers, spell and psionics are X2
for one round
41-48: Half Range the range of all the Mega’s powers, spell and psionics are ½ for
2D4 round
49-56: Increased Duration: the duration of all the Mega’s powers, spell and psionics are
X2 for one round
57-64: Double effect: roll 2 wild events ignore 57-64/97-00 re role double the effects if
same is rolled
65-72: Stunned/KO’d: the character is KO’d for 1D4 melee rounds
73-80: Teleport: the character is teleported 3D6 feet away from his last position: D6 1:
North 2: South 3: East 4: West 5: Up 6 down (if applicable if not 6D6 feet up)
81-88: Backlash: the character experience a power backlash for 1d10 damage to HP
89-96: Paused: the character cannot move or be effected for 1D4 melee rounds.
97-00: triple effect: roll 3 wild events ignore 57-64/97-00 re role double the effects if
same is rolled
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Achilles Heel: One Hit Wonder by Stone Gargoyle
Basically the Mega is limited to using his power to attack once per melee round. All other attacks are normal ones and without any benefits from his powers.

Achilles Heel: Light Sleeper by Stone Gargoyle
The superbeing loses control of their powerful energies while asleep, radiating wattage enough to light up a ten foot diameter, giving away their position if in a hidden encampment and keeping others awake if trying to sleep.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

132. Achilles Heel: Home base
The characters powers are only activate in a certain area of the character home town/city. The area is a1000 yard (914.4 meters) + 250 yards (228.6 meters) level per level of experience; out side the area of effect the characters powers are at 50% strength for the first 30 minutes but drop to 10% after 1 hour and to 5% after 90 minutes. The area cannot be moved and decide before game play begins by the Gm and player.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

133. Achilles Heel: Emoticons
An odd and annoying flaw for a mega being, the characters true feeling appear all around them and emoticons, they are not always easily seen, but they appear in light, clouds, smoke, mist, anything around the character. This makes bluffing, laying or hiding ones emotions new to impossible as well and hiding ones super identity rather challenging. When asked a question the emoticons may tell a different story then the character a perception check of 16 or better will notice the strange emoticon.

134. Achilles Heel: Word rage
A word or statement set the character into a rage like calling him an A-hole or crazy for example. When this thing is said, the character saves (using me bonus vs. a 15+ each time it is said again) when he fails the roll the character goes into a short rage against the person using the word (1D4 melee rounds) others will not be harmed just the perpetrator of the act. The rage gives the character +3 strike +2 Initiative +1 parry vs. the target but
-10 all combat roll against everyone else in the combat, the character will not retaliate against others until the perpetrator is subdued and will not no they are damaging him.

135. Achilles Heel: Hard impact
The character has a strange flaw that does not allow him to damage hard object with his supernatural strength, anytime the character strikes something with a hard surface it is like this strength become normal human (in all regards for knockdowns and damage) this happens vs. wall, vehicles, robots, power armors, normal hard armors, and APS like metal or crystal.

136. Achilles Heel: Soft impact
The character has a strange flaw that does not allow him to damage soft object with his supernatural strength, anytime the character strikes something with a soft surface it is like this strength become normal human (in all regards for knockdowns and damage) this happens vs. normal people, soft armors like leather, and APS like sand or mud.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

more coming :P
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:more coming :P

*Tries to look threatening* You better get some more posted.

Achillles Heel: Gambler: The character has a gambling addiction and must save vs. Insanity any time he passes anywhere selling lottery tickets, or when there are slot machines and other types of gambling present, even if it is illegal gambling the character should be trying to shut down.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Achilles Heel: Junkyard Junkie: The character likes holding onto useless trash and never throws anything away. It is a disgusting habit that keeps him from being able to sustain friendships. He must make a saving throw vs.insanity anytime he gets near dumpsters to keep from foraging through them for more useless garbage.

Achilles Heel: Grave Obsession: The character cannot pass by graveyards without developing the fear that someone has been buried alive. He must make a saving throw vs. insanity to prevent himself from trying to dig up all the bodies.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Achilles Heel: Burning Man: The character generates heat from using his powers. Each time the powers are activated, his clothing takes 1d4 fire damage unless clothing worn is fire-proof.
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

I had a plethora of indperations today, enjoy!

Leperous: The character has a free, minor version of Anatomical independance, but not entirely under their control. Everytime this character takes or gives a critical hit, one body part will fall/fly off, equal to twice the distance in feet to the damage. These body parts can only be re-attached within one melee round per level, after that they dissolve/disintergrate into goo or powder; if this happens, the character must wait for the part to regenerate.

Roll a six sider and use the table to determine what falls off.
1) Eye
2) ear
3) Hand/arm
4) foot/leg
5) head
6) Two for the price of one! Roll twice more.

Incontinent: The charcter has a minor form of brain/nerve damage, they are completely unable to control their bowel or bladder, 15-45 minutes after every meal/drink they have a 5% chance of soiling themselves. This chance is cumulative, and happens every five minutes after the initial roll. Furthermore, the character has to either wear diapers (ones that can't be hidden under their costume/uniform, it will be VERY obvious what they are wearing) or have an 'open' bottom (like a skirt or a kilt) otherwise their powers will not work!

Slip of the Tongue: The character, hero or otherwise, has an unfortunate prediliction for double entandres and implicative speech. Whenever they make a public speech (more than 20 people -1 for every odd level), they have a base 10% chance per sentence of making a slip. It might be something as simple as calling sombody the wrong name, or using an accidental swear word, to using an unnaceptable reference to somebody's race. For a villain, probably not very bad, seeing as they aren't most likely very well liked, but for somebody who is trying to be a hero/help out, a few instances of calling black people the N-word will torpedo their reputation quite effectively.

Chivalrous: The characters powers will not work properly against people of the opposite gender, it strikes some fundemental resistance at the core of their being. At most they can use half of their skill level, and they loose their mega-abilities for as long as they are against their opposite gender. The strikes to make holds are done at -3, and they are unable to maintain it for more than one melee round per level. Strikes done to this character by a person of the opposite gender nullify any resistances or invulnerablities they might have, and deal an extra die of damage to boot.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”