Fanbook: time to vote on the topic of the book!

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Choose the topic of the new fan written book

Poll ended at Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:47 pm

Mutants of the Midwest (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin)
5%
Mutants of the Deep South
5%
Mutants of the Wasteland (radioactive areas)
10%
Mutants of the Sprawl (urban wasteland)
10%
Mutants of War
No votes
After the Bomb: World Tour
19%
Mutants of the Serengeti/Africa
No votes
Mutants of the Far Future
5%
Mutants at Sea
5%
Road Hogs II: The Revenge
No votes
Mutants of Arabia
5%
Mutants of the Mediterranean
5%
Plains of the Free Cattle
33%

Total votes: 21

Fubarius
Explorer

Fanbook: time to vote on the topic of the book!

Unread post by Fubarius »

I combined and condensed a few of the ideas together, so don't be upset if your exact idea isn't listed if it was similar to another. We'll keep count until Tuesday or Wednesday (an extra day or two since I'm late in posting the poll, sorry about that).

I'm also suggesting everyone who wants to start a topic about the book we're writting to put "Fanbook:" at the front of the subject.
David Johnson
aka Fubarius
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

As a friendly reminder for those who live under the rocks you can see the discussion leading up to this poll in the post titled "So Lets Write a Book"
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I voted for [edit]Plains of[/edit] Free Cattle. There's no shortage of ideas there. I think "Mutants at Sea" is a good idea, too, but i'm just not crazy about a large amount of intelligent fish.

I guess in my own view of things, octopi are about the "least complex" creatures capable of moving up to "human" intelligence (barring special circumstances, e.g. living on mars).

/doesn't know much about biology
Last edited by acreRake on Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Plains of Free Cattle. Give it the name it deserves.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
acreRake
Hero

:lol: No offense intended!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

for referance, i tracked down every summary bit i could from the main thread.

Mutants of the Sprawl: a sourcebook for running campaings set whithin the a huge destroyed city, with rules for fighting among the destroyed buildings, where a mutant/human alliance are trying to save what they can of their city while being attacked by various gangs of roving mutants.

Mutants of War: salvagers accidentaly unleash upon the world a whole army of especially engineered combat mutants, who immediatly begin creating their own kingdom, wagging war on its neighbors.

After the Bomb: World Tour: This book would detail other parts of the world (excluding Yucatan, Avalon, Australia and Road Hogs; those would be updated and condensed into the After the Bomb Sourcebook), including mutant/humans relations, new animals types, relations in other parts of the world as well as equipment, experimentation, and some horrific byproducts left behind during the Great Crash.

Mutants of the Serengeti: This book details how mutant heirarchy exists in the Serengeti, and how the species interrelate. It would be a large sourcebook, part adventure part animal dynamics and would have a theme of how predators and prey would co-exist with human-like emotions and perceptions. In my vision, there would be almost no humans at all in the Serengeti, and those that are there are definitely not the dominant species.

Mutants of the Far Future: This book takes a look at animals that will evolve in the subsequent millions of years from now when the mutations stop and mankind goes extinct.

Mutants at Sea: Essentially using the seas as a sourcebook. Underwater colonies long abandoned by man, but now filled (perhaps too full) with their mutant legacy. Islands, natural and man made (look at Dubai for instance) not to mention coastal cities now flooded/semi flooded.
Mutant fish species, and the amphibious mutants as well as sea mammals. Monsters of the deep (man made, mutant or other)

Mutants of the Midwest: Free Plains
This would cover the 'lost' info about the Plains of Free Cattle, The Prairie Dog Imperium, the human tribes still living in semi-harmony with them (I would gladly contribute an idea to this), & the status of whatevers left there (some partially-intact urban areas, infrastructure, the Mid-West Americorp, ect.)

Road Hogs II: The Revenge
Reprints/updates everything from the first Road Hogs, plus more on vehicles. Some towns have salvaged & gotten some of the old aircraft museum pieces (WW2 through VietNam Era planes & helicopters)functioning into a noteworthy airforce.

After the Bomb World Tour
Yucatan: Reprint & Update
Central & South America: Yes
Asia 1: Yes, combines/updates info on India & Asia Major
Asia 2: Yes, combines info on Japan, Australia (Australasia?) & Micronesia
Africa: YES!
Europe: Mutants of Avalon, updated.
The Poles: Expands on hints given in AtB2.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
acreRake
Hero

Well, :erm: i guess it's settled, right? Plains of the Free Cattle it is!

/Anybody?

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”