House Rules

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lather
Champion

House Rules

Unread post by lather »

While designing a small operation, oh let's say Operation Gothic Wind, I was trying to recall some of the house rules we had come up with back in the day.

I remembered a few and I think a few will come back to me though.
  1. All bases upped by 10.
  2. Forward Air Controller and Forward Observer is condensed into 1 skill with 55 base; one was 40, one was 45. Go with the highest and up 10 as per Rule 1.
  3. We use original damage rules (which were by caliber); looking through the equipment list I see the Commando M16 does more damage than a normal 16 :?
  4. However, we never used shotgun beyond CQB and breaching so while the original damage rules make sense in terms of range we used 6D6 for damage. Ranges were never more than a couple meters. Devastating weapon.
So the question is: what are your favourite or significant house rules that have increased enjoyment of this game?
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I threw together some armour rules - basically the armour works as a damage soak.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Do you use the original hit location rules?
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Sometimes - though I soured on them after a player scored a killing damage roll on his first shot and then when we rolled the location, we got the target's thumb.

I ruled that he must have been sucking it at the time.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Jefffar wrote:Sometimes - though I soured on them after a player scored a killing damage roll on his first shot and then when we rolled the location, we got the target's thumb.

:lol:

Yea, the dead guy's hand was definitely somewhere in front of his face.

We never have used them come to think of it.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Jefffar wrote:Sometimes - though I soured on them after a player scored a killing damage roll on his first shot and then when we rolled the location, we got the target's thumb.

Had that happen in a game of Recon that I played with my buddy Joe about 10+yrs ago. We both cracked up laughing.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

And if he was sucking his toe he deserved what he got ;)
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

I use Hit Locations. Only I don't go as detailed as the book. Just the simple Torso, Head, Arms and Legs. I also use the rules in the beginning of the Compendium of Modern Weapons book. Giving the players details on what exactly is happening to their characters (punctured lung, rate of bloodloss, whether or not a bone was broken in the process, etc.) helps a lot when it comes to bringing realism to the game.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

CoMW was deep sixed but saved. Hopefully it's on this continent.

I will have a look this evening.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”