Would you buy Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum today??

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

If Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum were released today, would you...?

Buy them today(or already have via Pre-order)
73%
Buy them in 1-3 weeks, after reviews hit the forums
18%
Buy them never for BTS2 just isn't my kind of game or otherwise
9%

Total votes: 94

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

I'd buy them today, if I had the cash.

As I don't, I'd have to wait a week or two, but the reviews would be irrelevant to me -I'd want them regardless.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Hell- I'd buy 10 if it meant getting them out any sooner.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I'd buy 'em. BTS2 is a regular for my group, and the early layout work I've seen on TG is downright cool!
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Thibor wrote:
GreenGhost wrote:Hell- I'd buy 10 if it meant getting them out any sooner.

F'n'A. I'm just about to the boycott point myself. If it wasn't for Machinations of Doom. Damn it all.

I'm not boycotting it- lol- I just spent $100 on palladium books yesturday :P
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

Even though I wouldn't use the system, I'd still buy the books for the background information and spells.
MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

wyldstar wrote:
captramses wrote:
wyldstar wrote:I'm using Witchcraft (Unisystem) for horror/supernatural.

May I ask where you got those. Can it be found at Amazon or Half.com??

Witchcraft can be had as a free download. I'd recommend doing that first to see if it's what you want.
http://www.edenstudios.net/witchcraft/index.html

I assume you like Witchcraft since you use it. I've seen it in the local game stores before but never gotten a chance to read through it. So what turned you on to this one?
Chuck Lang
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chuck Lang »

MASTERMIND wrote:

I assume you like Witchcraft since you use it. I've seen it in the local game stores before but never gotten a chance to read through it. So what turned you on to this one?

Not that you asked me, but I figure I'd chime in here. I like the Unisystem because it is quick, easy, logical, and facilitates varied characters without making up completely new character classes. Plus campaign power or difficulty is built right into character generation.

I still use D20 though.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Immediately.
ImageImageImage
Mierin
D-Bee

Unread post by Mierin »

I would definitely buy them if they were available, provided I had the money for them. :)
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Would get them.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Liadin wrote:I'd buy them in a heartbeat! BTS is a favorite of mine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping they'll be published in the near future.

I think after seeing you at OH we all know that! ;)

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Chuck McDaniel
Explorer

Unread post by Chuck McDaniel »

Hell yeah, I would. Just wish someone would get on them.

Chuck
It's God's job to judge the D-bees, It's our job to arrange the meeting! -Smiling Jack SAMAS bumper sticker.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

MASTERMIND wrote:
wyldstar wrote:
captramses wrote:

May I ask where you got those. Can it be found at Amazon or Half.com??

Witchcraft can be had as a free download. I'd recommend doing that first to see if it's what you want.
http://www.edenstudios.net/witchcraft/index.html

Witchcraft is one of the many sources I use for my gaming fix. Part of the initial attraction was a familiar author - CJ Carella. Despite his work being (wrongfully) maligned as ultra-munchy the ideas are well scaled and very well presented. Add to that a "Nightbane meets Chthulu"-esque feel for the setting without the whole guaranteed multiple deaths thing and you've got a winner of a setting.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Milander
D-Bee

Unread post by Milander »

Just bring out the BTS2 books already! I don't wanna sit here waiting so many YEARS for it like we did for BTS2!

And I was even nice at the open house and didnt bring the thumb screws or anything 8)
GreenGhost
Adventurer

SightblinderX wrote:
duck-foot wrote:
SightblinderX wrote:Not even vile Necromancers or cultists?

well yes those are sweet. but, thats about it. throwing a fireball from ones hands, asi said seems to much like fantasy to me.

To each their own... :)

Yep- to each their own. I don't use magic much when I GM BTS(2), but I know there are a lot out there that does. That's how I was stopped in my tracks when I was debating whether or not the game was "complete" in itself. I said that it was, but was stopped when I realized that so many out there prefer magic in it. It was complete for me, but not for the vast numbers that do prefer magic. :D
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

don't need to. Don't want to.

I'm putting aside the wait period. that' snot a factor here. Palladium has been having issues lately so their schedules screwy. It's all good on that front.

BUT..... the first book was a waste, twice as big as the original, but with half the content. No magic, no real monster collection and certainly no equipment. 50 bucks on a 300+page nightbane suppliment. very poor. The fluff text, the stuff that overfilled the covers was stuff that could be found in the preceeding rifters AND on this website. All in all it was a big dissapointment.

So, No. I'm not buying more suppliments. I have nightbane, (which made one book too many) so I have a decent horror series all splatted out.

Sorry.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

as said before, I would buy both books at an instant, but for me "Arcanum" is even more important than "Tome".
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

ash_wednesday wrote:So with the gamers who pre-ordered those books, have you gotten your money back? Or are the books are "Still on order..." and are really hoping to have those book in print REALLY soon?

Unless they did something differant with these books they don't charge till the ship.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope some of the Monsters in Rifter will be in Tome grotesque.

What do you think?
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: Would you buy Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum today??

Unread post by Natasha »

I'd buy it pretty quick just for the fresh batch of monsters.

And it'd be nice to have some 2E arcanist and magic canon for the game. :)
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I would buy them in a heartbeat. BTS2 is useless without them imo. When the Minion War series is done and after the Robotech/Dead Reign/Warpath books are done I hope they are released. If not they better have a damn good reason for delaying the books yet again.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Holister
Adventurer

Unread post by Holister »

I "ordered" them over three years ago when I ordered my 2nd editional BtS book. Charged...you bet. I only wish I saved the billing form. Hell...they almost didn't ship my BtS corebook...I had to REMIND them THREE TIMES. I got a big appology and the upgraded my core book to hardcover with some signed prints. Still no sourcebooks though.

This pisses me off that Pally would pull a d20 bit by breaking BtS up into "multiple volumes". The original BtS 1st edition had everything in one package. 2nd edition only cover psychics? What about the arcanist class...magic...monsters. I think it is BS that they are pulling this crap. Don't promote items you don't have for sale..and don't fix what isn't broken.

:badbad:
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”