After Hours BTS at the Open House

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

After Hours BTS at the Open House

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Alright, so the idea struck me the other night to do some BTS2 games at the Open House. However, I don' want to do them at the Open House, rather after hours at the Ramada Inn.

Where? Either in the Palladium Freelancer Presidential Suite or we'll improvise: your hotel room, a Detroit back alley surrounded by candles, or Jason Richard's hotel room without his consent.

Of course this is not 100% definite, though I definitely would like to do this. Also, if lots of people are interested, I'll be more likely to run after hours BTS games (note that "games" is plural as in more than one).

However, I do not have the time to pre-gen player characters, so this will be B.Y.O.C. or Bring Your Own Character.

Restrictions for character creation are as follows:
* Characters should be 1-4 level of experience with no special weapons (magical or otherwise). If you start your character at first level, I suggest that you put his or her EXP at a little bit less than halfway toward second level.

* Your character should not have all encompassing government contacts. A Cop character is okay, but you will not be able to call in the NSA or FBI to help the group.

* Keep your character background fairly loose. More likely than not, the player characters will be road tripping paranormal investigators a la one of my favorite shows that will remain nameless. :)

* NO Ghost Hunters. Period. If you want me to explain why, I will. Though I will not change my mind on this part.

*NO NegaPsychics. These games will likely be one-shots, and thus Nega-Psychics have a good chance of ruining everyone's fun.

* Autistic Psychic Savants are okay, however, if you want to be one, bring a spare character that is not one just in case. I only ask because of the slim chance that everyone wants to be one. If people want, I could run a game where everyone is an Autistic Psychic Savant, though that will only be done upon request.

* All characters are subject to my approval. If you're scared that I might turn your character down, bring a spare, or two (or three). You might even want to bring spares just for the hell of it.

* Any other questions on character creation can be addressed by me, on this thread or through PM.

Oh, and a quick parting note: the monsters in many of the adventures that I might run, won't be found in the BTS-2 main book. They will be monsters from the annals of Fortean events, but they won't be from the main book.

Anyone interested?

~ Josh
Last edited by Josh Sinsapaugh on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Ninjabunny wrote:I'm so down with all of this in Jasons room with out his promission. :P
I have a first level Natural smarty pants who is a P.I., Something like that ok?

Yup, as long as it makes sense that your character would be on a road trip of sorts with the other characters.

I'm just wary against someone bringing characters with rune swords, armed to the teeth with advanced weapons, and that has rediculous connections ("Don't worry guys, I'll get the Marines on top of this, pronto.").

~ Josh
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Something just happened here...
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Where do I sign?

I've got BtS2, but haven't had a chance to play yet.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Jason Richards wrote:Something just happened here...

(Whistles) Do da, da ,d da ,da. Ala the un-namable show.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Well shoot, my primary is a revival-preacher Ghost Hunter who goes by Reverend Love. Guess I'd better pull out one of the others!

::goes browsing::
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Man, I need to get all of the pregens done for my game first. We'll see. Would love to, though. I've got a paramedic that I've always wanted to build.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Josh Sinsapaugh

Rali wrote:Where do I sign?

I've got BtS2, but haven't had a chance to play yet.

Just try to run into me at the Ramada.

Hopefully, we can work it out well beforehand.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

CLD wrote:This sounds fun, never played BTS but wanted to try it. Is a Nega-Psychic acceptable?

Forgot about them.

Sorry no NegaPsychics. These games will likely be one-shots, and thus Nega-Psychics have a good chance of ruining everyone's fun.

Plus, it wouldn't make sense for a group of road tripping paranormal investigators/hunters to be bringing a Nega-Psychic with them... without killing him or her.

"You guys are idiots, why are we checking out this Mad Gasser nonsense?"

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

CommonDialog wrote:I'd love to play, but I'm not sure I can get my hands on a BTS. If I can't buy a copy, can I roll one up before play?

Yes.

Provided that you can do it in advance of play. This shouldn't be a problem though as I will be running multiple BTS-2 games, and there should be a bevy of people at the Ramada willing to lend you a copy of BTS-2.

Gideon wrote:Would you take a psi-mechanic Josh?

Sure.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

Ninjabunny wrote:So no, Uber-pschics, no negas, and no sweet connections, This game sounds so cool. :D

Yup, they will be the "every-men" up against the supernatural.

Not "every-men and a super hero."

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

Autumns Fire wrote:if you'll have enough room.

I'll try to run at least one game on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night.

If there is no room in one, there is always a chance to get in one of the other two.

~ Josh
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:So no, Uber-pschics, no negas, and no sweet connections, This game sounds so cool. :D

~ Josh

So porting in my Mega-Hero with Pao Pat Mei from N&SS is out of the question? :?
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Jason Richards wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

~ Josh

So porting in my Mega-Hero with Pao Pat Mei from N&SS is out of the question? :?

You forgot his Gigasaurus Rex. :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

If there is no room in one, there is always a chance to get in one of the other two.

~ Josh

I'd like to play BTS mostly because i have never played it, as such I wouldn't be able to create a character, unless you can suggest a rifts character (occ) which would fit into your game.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Greyaxe wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

~ Josh

I'd like to play BTS mostly because i have never played it, as such I wouldn't be able to create a character, unless you can suggest a rifts character (occ) which would fit into your game.

As I noted here (or in another) thread, it will probably be possible to do up a character at the Ramada beforehand.

Or, you can take Autumns Fire's gracious offer.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

Ninjabunny wrote:So the Natural Genius, Ordinary, Paracyclogist (god I know the spell check won't get that) and Psi-mechanic is ok? :)

Yes, all are okay, as long as they meet the criteria listed above.

Psi-Mechanic can have a Psi-Mechanic device or two, as outlined by the P.C.C.s starting equipment.

You also forgot:
Autistic Psychic Savant
Diviner
Fire Walker
Latent Psychic
Psychic Medium
Psychic Sensitive
Physical Psychic

All of which are okay. :)

Did I forget one?

~ Josh
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Autumns Fire wrote:It's a little harder to do, but, if you wish, I can help you via PM.

Sent a PM. I’m thinking of a crazy conspiracy theorist who believes in monsters has researched them thoroughly, believes in ghosts, and government conspiracy theories, has a newsletter he emails hundreds each month but has no proof and has never seen a monster, or psychic phenomenon.

Is that along the lines of BTS.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Autumns Fire wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:
Autumns Fire wrote:It's a little harder to do, but, if you wish, I can help you via PM.

Sent a PM. I’m thinking of a crazy conspiracy theorist who believes in monsters has researched them thoroughly, believes in ghosts, and government conspiracy theories, has a newsletter he emails hundreds each month but has no proof and has never seen a monster, or psychic phenomenon.

Is that along the lines of BTS.

I wish I had seen this before I responded to your PM. :lol:

Looks like you'll be doing the ordinary People P.C.C. with never having actually seen any paranormal/psychic phenomenon. And it looks like you've already picked an occupation; Journalist/Media Reporter. So you can skip steps 3 & 5. We'll get to those after you've done the rest.

Cool
Whish i had seen this post before i replied to your PM which you hadn't seen my previous post... confused. Yes normal person reporter or investigator, maybe some money in his background as well, not much but enough to have a small appartment mid sized car and the means to work for a living only sporadically as he spends most of his time digging up conspiracies and visiting haunted houses. (all of which have been hoaxes however he believes they were truly haunted.)
Josh Sinsapaugh

Scott Sanderson wrote:What time do you think you'll be running the Thursday night game? I'm a local who will be working the following morning, but if I can get some gaming in on Thursday night, I'd like to.

Not sure yet.

I'm really flying by the seat of my pants here.

~ Josh
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Taylor White and I both want to play. We'll have characters by that point. He has a genius, and I'll roll something up.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Autumns Fire has been a huge asset and we have almost finished my character through a series of PM's. It has been tough but we have done a nice job so far. Here is the characters skills and basic attributes.

EDIT: It appears none of the formatting i spent so much time on shows up. Crap

Journalist/Media Reporter

IQ 14 NAME: Tom Shades HTH Basic
ME 12 LEVEL: 4 EXPERIENCE: Atk 4
MA 8 HEIGHT: 5’11” WEIGHT:190 Str
PS 12 HIT POINTS: 34 SDC 18 Par
PP 10 Dod
PE 19 Roll 2
PB 18 Pull 2
SPD 13 Crit 20

Common Skills
Native Literacy (+4) base:80%+2% per level 90%
Native Language (+4) base:88%+1% per level 95%
Basic Math (+10) base:72%+3% per level 91%

Occupational Skills
Automobile (+8 ) base:60% +5% per level 83%
Computer Operation (+15) base:60%+3% per level 84%
Creative Writing (+10) base:25%+5% per level 50%
TV/Video (+10) (+10) base: 35%+5% per level 70%
History (+15) base:60/40%+4% per level 87/67%
I.D. Undercover Agent (12) base:30%+4% per level 54%
Performance (+10) base:25%+5% per level 50%
Photography (+15) base:35%+5% per level 65%
Research (+20) base: 40%+5% per level 75%
Streetwise (+12) base:20%+4% per level 44%
Wardrobe & Grooming (+10) base:50%+4% per level 72%

Elective Skills
Radio Basic (+10) base: 50%+5% per level 75%
Cook (+10) base: 35%+5% per level 60%
Navigation base: 40%+5% per level 55%
Lore: Demons & Monsters (+10) base: 30%+5% per level 55%
Lore: Entities & Ghosts (+10) base: 30%+5% per level 55%
Streetwise: Weird base: 30%+5% per level 45%

Secondary Skills
Gambling base: 30%+5% per level 45%
WP Handguns
WP Knife
Greyaxe
Champion

Unread post by Greyaxe »

What time will you be running the Saturday Night Game? Love to get in on that one.

Return to “Palladium Open House”