I'm going back in

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Re: I'm going back in

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

I salute you C.R.A.F.T.

While I am not a Marine yet, I will be going in as an officer as soon as I am done with schooling. Still I do what I can to help my friends who are currently far from home, doing a difficult job, and getting stabbed in the back by the media. I wish you the best of luck.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Over the past 15 years or so I've had a few very close friends get out...and each of them have eventually called me over the years to reminisce about the good times. It's the bad times they never seem to be able to recall...and when I remind them of those difficult times we had, and what a good thing they have now and all the sacrifices they had to make to wait for that good thing; they usually agree not to come back in. In their cases, I know that the Army they remembered isn't the same Army we have today...and I don't think they'd be comfortable.

Good luck with your decision, I keep telling myself...5 more years to go and I'm retiring and walking away for good.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Good luck!

I'm not sure if I'll go back as an ossifer.....
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

lol...my memories are pretty balanced...I liked the Army and liked the people I worked with (generally) but despised the people I worked FOR. lol

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Ah, to be young enough to even be able to think about getting into the military...

Best wishes for you in your next stint... Me, I can't understand you military types, I'm just not cut to live in a regimented environment... and anyway, I could never cut the physical requirements... which is why I never even went through military service, even though that was still going when I was in college.

Only thing I miss with the army is that I so wish I could have hands on experience with decent weaponry...
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Sorry to hear the dude.
Good luck to your wife.
Any kids yet?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Dominique
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Dominique »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:Good news and Bad news

I couldn't get past the Army physical. :oops:

When I worked out, I gained 25 lbs of muscle (THAT shocked the crap out of me), I can't run anymore (not that I was that good when I was running), and my BMI was way too high.

It's harder to get back in than it is to stay in. :roll:

The recruiter told me that, even though the training curve is shorter, returning recruits know too much of how to run the system and are too demanding.

Sounds a little bass-ackwards to me.

My wife DID get into Northwestern (Kellog) for her masters (YAY for her :angel: ) so we'll be in the Chicago area for the next 2 1/2 to 3 years.

He did tell you that you can wait 30 days, and head back to MEPS right? Also, another option you can look at is a slot in the Army Reserves (the Army Guard doesn't have any PSYOP slots). You'll still have to drop the body fat, but they're usually far more inclined to work with you while you're getting it down to the minimum.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men"
"No one assails me without punishment"
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

Apply for jobs with PMCs.

You'll make lots more money and you can probably pass their physicals.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”