New Triax NGR

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Wasn't a second T&NGR book planned at some point :rolleyes: I forget now ...
Can someone clear this up for me? Did I miss something or did the idea just get canned or back-burner-ed?

As for whether they should be revamped I would definitely say I would like to see it.

We all must remember that The NGR is locked in The War of Ages and has been since 104PA (roughly since WB5, as it picks up around that time, the Fall of 103PA). For the most part I know war breeds innovation in military , but this is also dependent on resources and what is needed to destroy ones enemies, rarely are cosmetic changes made to war equipment, and I would say the NGR looks at it that way too. Not saying it wouldn't happen just saying I doubt it. To me the NGR wouldn't care as much as long as it was functional and would suggest that anyone wanting their suit to look different should seek an after market retailer overseas as they don't have the time to fool with it, just an opinion though ;)

All in all, yes I would like to see some new stuff from the NGR :D but I think it should primarily deal with weapon systems, speed, and/or capabilities that make their existing lines of R&PA's more suitable for battling their own enemies. I mean heck 6 years of war should produce some new stuff and existing suits would definitely recieve a few modifications to my way of thinking :ok:
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Chaos wrote:Wasn't a second T&NGR book planned at some point :rolleyes: I forget now ...
Can someone clear this up for me? Did I miss something or did the idea just get canned or back-burner-ed?

Galactus Kid is still writing it. I don't think the announcement that it is being done is a year old yet. GK has been involved in a few other projects since then as well.
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
Chaos wrote:Wasn't a second T&NGR book planned at some point :rolleyes: I forget now ...

Galactus Kid is still writing it. I don't think the announcement that it is being done is a year old yet. GK has been involved in a few other projects since then as well.

Thank you, I thought maybe I was crazy and had dreamed it all up :D
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Chaos wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:

Thank you, I thought maybe I was crazy and had dreamed it all up :D

/me flicks the tin cans in Chaos's head.

Uhhh, dude?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

They've been talking about Traix 2 since the first one came out. lol. I don't know about when it was asigned to Gkid or what ever but the book itself has been proposed for much longer than one year.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm working on it. You all will be pleasantly surprised. It should be done within a couple of months and on its way to Palladium HOPEFULLY for a summer release.

:?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

The revamps I want to see in the next Triax book is shoulder stocks on all rifles and a sniping laser that is not inferior in range to the JA-9.

The reson I want to see shoulder stocks on Triax rifles is the simple fact that hip shooting is very inaccurate. One summer I went out every day off with my riot shotgun and a 250 round case of shells to practice. With the shoulder stock attached I could hit anything within 50 yards. with just the pistol grip attached I had difficulty hitting at over 7 yards. Now I know that a 12 gauge shotgun has about as much recoil as a .375 H&H big game rifle, still recoil does not effect ones aim on that first shot.

Triax is outside of Japan the worlds most advanced native nation. you would think that a country that advanced would have studied the methods of the best combat soldiers they had and used shoulder stocks.

As for the TX-11 and it's very short range. at the official 1,600 foot (488M) range it's shorter ranged than the Triax issue Infantry Laser Rifle. Maybe that's why they are being sold to North America...(Grumbles). As for the JA-9 it is officially a Pre-Rifts German design (RGMG,p. 144.) witha 4,000 foot (1,219m) range. this is comparable to the effective range of the .300 Winchester Magnum chambered Remington M-700P(DM) Police Sniper rifle that I personally own. I know that Triax Lost alot of Technology, but the JA-9 is still being made so I would think that Triax could at least make something with similar capabilities.

Just my personal gripes with Triax. Take them with a grain of salt.
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

I'd like to see something that, at least stylistically, matches the move toward cooler artwork.

While I enjoyed the artwork of Long, it lacked the "kick you in the face" factor that some of the newer CS stuff possesses...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Rockwolf66 wrote:The revamps I want to see in the next Triax book is shoulder stocks on all rifles and a sniping laser that is not inferior in range to the JA-9.

I went ahead and made the JA series as the standard Triax weapons. I don't see any reason why the NGR would accept inferior weaponry for its soldier's and I see no reason why JA are called "Juicer Assasin" or should be limited to Juicer's.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:

Galactus kid (Brandon Aten) and Taylor white are both writing it.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
Rockwolf66 wrote:The revamps I want to see in the next Triax book is shoulder stocks on all rifles and a sniping laser that is not inferior in range to the JA-9.

I went ahead and made the JA series as the standard Triax weapons. I don't see any reason why the NGR would accept inferior weaponry for its soldier's and I see no reason why JA are called "Juicer Assasin" or should be limited to Juicer's.

I just said that they had folding stocks like on the Spas-12 or they could get a more solid one mounted for an extra charge.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Nxla666 wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:

I just said that they had folding stocks like on the Spas-12 or they could get a more solid one mounted for an extra charge.

Yeah, that could be done easily enough. NGR soldiers need all the firepower they can get, however, and a JA-12 is better than a TX-42
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

dark brandon wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:

Didn't mean any slight by the exclusion.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm working on it. You all will be pleasantly surprised. It should be done within a couple of months and on its way to Palladium HOPEFULLY for a summer release.

You mean late April right? I want you to autograph my copy at the open house..

Before beating me to death with it of course. Try not to get blood on the autograph.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
The Galactus Kid

I'll autograph it with your own blood. That makes it special. hahaha.

You still owe me that beer.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Library Ogre

vampire_hunter_D wrote:I'm hoping for just one change: That they stop showing bots with "NGR" written on them

That' is not how you abreviate that in German. it should be NDR.

Just a little something that irks me about the original lol

Yeah, I've been saying it that way for years...

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

vampire_hunter_D wrote:I'm hoping for just one change: That they stop showing bots with "NGR" written on them

You just reminded me of the moment when a a freind of mine who had bad eyes and refused to wear her glasses saw one of the bot pictures and flipped out.

She saw the "N", "G", and "R" and immediately filled in the supposed blanks, it took about 15 minutes to calm her down and get her to put her glasses on and actually look at the picture.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I REFUSE to laugh at that...
/snicker

NGR Black Knight... did she think that was redundant?

OK OK OK I'm done...

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
Library Ogre

Nxla666 wrote:She saw the "N", "G", and "R" and immediately filled in the supposed blanks, it took about 15 minutes to calm her down and get her to put her glasses on and actually look at the picture.

*chuckle* Just read on another board about a Jewish player who left the game because his character... a gnome... was served pork in-game.

The GM ruled that the character spontaneously combusted.

All Palladium Articles
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

keep in ming that euro is a amalgam of all European languages, so NGR could stand for new dutcheland republic...
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Sheesh all you NDR people aren't you aware that in 2057 the NDR changed their name to (N)ew (G)iant (R)obotics :rolleyes: seriously come on they taught us that in 1st grade, The CS and the rest of the world just assumed it stood for (N)ew (G)erman (R)epublic ;)
The Galactus Kid

First off, I will say that I don't know german. I can read it aloud with pretty good diction (thank you BA in humanities :roll: ) but I don't know what I'm saying. I will get someone who knows german to check it.

Secondly, Pre-Rifts German and Euro is spoken. Euro is the official language and spoken by most. Now Euro is not a real language and no one on the boards can speak it, so NGR just might be right. Then again, there may also be people in the NGR who refuse to give in to the Euro language and only speak pre-rifts german and have NDR on their robots. Who knows.

Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Secondly, Pre-Rifts German and Euro is spoken. Euro is the official language and spoken by most. Now Euro is not a real language and no one on the boards can speak it, so NGR just might be right. Then again, there may also be people in the NGR who refuse to give in to the Euro language and only speak pre-rifts german and have NDR on their robots. Who knows.

Thats my reasoning for all of the other irregularities in foreign languages people love to pick on. It's the future in an alternate reality, of course languages won't correspond 100% to our real world versions of the same.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Galactus Kid wrote:First off, I will say that I don't know german. I can read it aloud with pretty good diction (thank you BA in humanities :roll: ) but I don't know what I'm saying. I will get someone who knows german to check it.

Secondly, Pre-Rifts German and Euro is spoken. Euro is the official language and spoken by most. Now Euro is not a real language and no one on the boards can speak it, so NGR just might be right. Then again, there may also be people in the NGR who refuse to give in to the Euro language and only speak pre-rifts german and have NDR on their robots. Who knows.

My mother and ex-girlfriend are both fluent in german, e-mail me everything you have written and I will get it checked.
The Galactus Kid

you can bet that will be happening.

dark brandon
Knight

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
dark brandon wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:

Didn't mean any slight by the exclusion.

Naw, he doesn't read the boards much, but he says people easily forget there were 2 authers for Madhaven and that there are 2 authers working on Triax 2, he asked me to just keep an eye when I see it. Being he's my best friend, I do it.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

I think that the fan support the project of Triax 2 is getting combined with the excellent writing team working on it will make sure that this book is published this year.
Library Ogre

dark brandon wrote:Naw, he doesn't read the boards much, but he says people easily forget there were 2 authers for Madhaven and that there are 2 authers working on Triax 2, he asked me to just keep an eye when I see it. Being he's my best friend, I do it.

Yeah, with Jason Richards and Taylor White working on Triax 2, it's going to ROCK!

:lol:

All Palladium Articles
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Yeah once Special K Edits out all the girly stuff Richards inevitably writes in her books Triax 2 will defiantly rock.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Actually, as Euro is the more predominant (IIRC) language, it would stay as NGR.

Especially considering the diversity of recruits from surrounding regions that flock to the NGR, or have sought shelter there for generations.

~ Josh
dark brandon
Knight

rat_bastard wrote:I think that the fan support the project of Triax 2 is getting combined with the excellent writing team working on it will make sure that this book is published this year.

From what I understand both are working on it pretty hard right now.

I actually have a pretty funny story about when they were asking my opinion about some things and I pointed out something at which they replied

"....(long pause)...shut-up brandon, we're writing the books..."

I can't say what exactly, but I got a laugh out of it.
Library Ogre

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Actually, as Euro is the more predominant (IIRC) language, it would stay as NGR.

Especially considering the diversity of recruits from surrounding regions that flock to the NGR, or have sought shelter there for generations.

I doubt it, Josh.

Euro is a combination of Polish, German, and Russian. German for Germany is, of course, Deutschland. Polish for Germany is Niemcy; for German is niemiecki. Russian for Germany is Германия; for German is По-немецки.

None of these is going to result in a G standing for a Neues Deutsches Republik.

All Palladium Articles
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

but you are not factoring the incredible cultural influence north America has on other nations after we elect George "W" Bush Prezident of amerika for life and make all them foreign folk speak American. Just before Prez "W" orders all the world scientists to complete the Flood the world with magic energy project that will have absolutely no repercussions. Its NGR because thats what America says!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

MrNexx wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Actually, as Euro is the more predominant (IIRC) language, it would stay as NGR.

I doubt it, Josh.

Euro is a combination of Polish, German, and Russian. German for Germany is, of course, Deutschland. Polish for Germany is Niemcy; for German is niemiecki. Russian for Germany is Германия; for German is По-немецки.

None of these is going to result in a G standing for a Neues Deutsches Republik.

A combination of those languages, yes, but nowhere does it state that it is a pure-combination (i.e. one word is from one language, the next from another, et cetera).

So, unless one of us can speak Euro, the argument still stands.

:)

~ Josh
Library Ogre

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:A combination of those languages, yes, but nowhere does it state that it is a pure-combination (i.e. one word is from one language, the next from another, et cetera).

So your argument is that "It's G on the robots because it's G in Euro, which it must be because it's G on the robots"?

Do you drive on those arguments? Do you get good gas mileage? Cause like the wheels on the bus, they go round and round. ;-)

All Palladium Articles
Josh Sinsapaugh

MrNexx wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:A combination of those languages, yes, but nowhere does it state that it is a pure-combination (i.e. one word is from one language, the next from another, et cetera).

So your argument is that "It's G on the robots because it's G in Euro, which it must be because it's G on the robots"?

Do you drive on those arguments? Do you get good gas mileage? Cause like the wheels on the bus, they go round and round. ;-)

Great gas mileage, they're practically hybrids.

~ Josh
The Galactus Kid

Hydrogen Fuel Cells.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

speaking of which, is anybody writing an upcoming book going to do anything about fuel cells?
The Galactus Kid

yes :-D

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

No offense to our fellow PB players in Europe but...

Its a product of the United States of America...

The "G" stays. :P
The Galactus Kid

hahaha NXLA for the win.

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

The Galactus Kid wrote:hahaha NXLA for the win.

Thank you. :ok:

Now, get back to work on the book! :badbad:

EDIT: Oh, and sigged!
Chaos
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chaos »

Maybe a late reply to the topic but IIRC English is taught as a second language in all those countries schools at the moment. So to my way of thinking with all those different languages in there, well the Deutschland melting pot would need a language that would be recognized easily by all and with English being a common language (even as a secondary) between them, it only makes sense that Euro would actually have a smattering of English terms in there as well.

Theres my 2 cents beat it to a pulp or make your friend and ...

The Galactus Kid wrote:hahaha NXLA for the win.

Agreed 100% :ok:
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

It sounds great GalactusKid! I'm looking forwrd to getting my hands on it!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Nxla666 wrote:No offense to our fellow PB players in Europe but...

Its a product of the United States of America...

The "G" stays. :P

The G stay, but stand for Germania.
:D

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm working on it. You all will be pleasantly surprised. It should be done within a couple of months and on its way to Palladium HOPEFULLY for a summer release.

Can you say if you have more (new) Cyborg Troopers models for the NGR/Triax ??
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

New Grand Republic

I always thought "Germany" was weird.

Though i'd rather rename the whole thing. No counties mentioned at all.
Come up with something original...

Republic is cool. That part makes sense.

the (N) and the (G) doesnt...

New Grand Republic makes more sense than New German Republic though.

Too many "Fatherlands" and "Motherlands" in europe. Each in their native language though, and called something else in another language because if translated right would have the same or near same name as Your country... :lol:

Heck TRIAX Republic would be perfect...

TR ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
The Galactus Kid

TechnoGothic wrote:Can you say if you have more (new) Cyborg Troopers models for the NGR/Triax ??

No I can't. Sorry.

Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

Neue GroBartig Republik?

:shock:

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Kryzbyn wrote:Neue GroBartig Republik?

:shock:

ok, loosen the nobs in your skull Kryzbyn.

Return to “Rifts®”