Marsh Barren House

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Re: Marsh Barren House

Unread post by sHaka »

Andor wrote:
..destroying a computer core stop machine activity within a 1000 mile radius (page 20.)

Hmm.. I felt this part of the text to be misleading. I'm sure (at work) that Robots and Drones can operate within the core-less area, but NEXUS cannot exert any direct control - she can program and send them off to do their work, but not access any surveilance, combat reports or assume control until the machines renter the radius of a working core.

Andor wrote:
No, the number of Saints still looks too high. 10,000?!? Anyone else want to help with this one?

It does seem far too high. I suppose you do have to consider how many Saints will survive to maturity, and how long it takes for a Saint to mature - but still this number is too steep.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Considering that Saints only purpouse is to become a Genepool or Librarian(by the wya exactly how many Librarians one need?) perhpas the number is too high. Unless of course they are the only one doctors around. But this is preposterous thought.
And i dont wann touch the idea of the fact they need many Genepools to refill their equipment, because that would means they are dumb enough to sterilize all the bio-tech, warmounts and so on.
But my solutions is more easy. The numbers were absolutely random :lol:
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

I've always viewed Saints as field medics for HA and Mounts. No manner of training will ever allow a human to enact the kind of healing a Saint can near instantly perform in the field. Gene pools are wholly immoble for all practical purposes and it can be dangerously inconvenient to return from a field op for "minor" repairs when a Saint can perform them. This is also part of the reason I've never had an issue with Biotic natural regen levels.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell

Return to “Splicers®”