GM Geek Points

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

GM Geek Points

Unread post by Ridley »

K, here is a chance to earn some Geek points.

Every day ill post a sentence, and you must dervive a plot/campagin/adveneture from it. The best one will earn 25 GP.

1st Sentence: You may affect those around, your choices may have a proufound effect.( Got this on a fourtune cookie once.)
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

During the player's sleep some being (Lets say some alien) feels that humans (or whatever the character's race is) requires a lesson in behaviour, kindness, and knowing that what goes around comes around.

He implants a mystical device of sorts into the character. The device feeds off of his/her actions and sends them back out into the world around him. If he displays cruelty, those around him will begin to be cruel. Every action that he makes, will be reflected in everything. Even plants will wither in his anger, or blossom in his love.

Once the character discovers the lump in his butt (or other place) it's up to the player to find a way to get rid of it. It cannot be removed from the character's body. At least not by normal means.

The alien will gladly remove it... insert favorite plot twist here

I dunno... I just had a few minutes and I figured I'd try my hand at it.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

SkyeFyre wrote:During the player's sleep some being (Lets say some alien) feels that humans (or whatever the character's race is) requires a lesson in behaviour, kindness, and knowing that what goes around comes around.

He implants a mystical device of sorts into the character. The device feeds off of his/her actions and sends them back out into the world around him. If he displays cruelty, those around him will begin to be cruel. Every action that he makes, will be reflected in everything. Even plants will wither in his anger, or blossom in his love.

Once the character discovers the lump in his butt (or other place) it's up to the player to find a way to get rid of it. It cannot be removed from the character's body. At least not by normal means.

The alien will gladly remove it... insert favorite plot twist here

I dunno... I just had a few minutes and I figured I'd try my hand at it.

:ok: You get the 25. That is very original, somthing that i have never thought of
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Next one
Is death reallly the parting of the ways
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

A member of the group gets a message from one of their old buddies. That is, in the form of a coffin shaped package.

Inside is the body of a young, stunningly beautiful woman, late teens to early twenties in age. She is by all appearances, quite dead, and recently so. Her dress is fairly ornate, such as one might expect to find a noble, or someone of equivalent wealth to be wearing. There is something vaguely familiar about her, but you can't quite put your finger on it.

The friend has a request of the group. The woman was his fiancee/betrothed, but she died suddenly & under mysterious circumstances. Heartbroken, your friend wishes for you to deliver her to him so that he can perform a funeral & give proper respect to the one that he loved so dearly.

Oddly, the friend was never one to wax romantic. In fact, he was something of a playboy, always spending his money on his 'latest girl', & was prone to one night stands, not long-lasting & meaningful relationships. His letter insists that he has changed for the better, & that this is the woman who caused his transformation. It is possible, isn't it? Love can do funny things to a man.

As a side note, the friend pleads that the woman's body not be disturbed in any way. He has reason to suspect there was foul play involved in her death, but he wants to be present when the truth is revealed, nothing else will satisfy him. The members of the group are the only people that he feels that he can trust with the task, & he promises to compensate them for the work. (The GM can insert an appropriate reward or cash value at this point if they like)

The friend has always been true to his word, & always paid his debts, so there's no reason to believe that he would welch on any sort of payment. The meeting place is some distance away & will take a few weeks to reach the destination.

Several days into the trip, a curious sound starts coming from the coffin. Upon investigating, the group finds that the woman is alive! All investigations will show that she is human (not a Vampire or worse), and she is suffering from having gone without food or drink for over a week. After the characters feed her, she tells her story.

Apparently part of the friend's story was true. The woman & he are romantically involved. However, other than the obvious fact that the woman is not dead, that's about where the similarities end. The woman is in fact an extremely famous exotic dancer (Now you know where you've seen her face before! :P ). She & your friend became involved, much to the chagrin of the 'Company' that owns her. They tried to 'discourage' their affair, but the friend is of course, far too stubborn to take subtle hints.

In order to escape the life of servitude she was in, your friend concocted the wild scheme to smuggle her out of the city. The best way, he decided, was to drug her & place her inside the coffin. Then, he would contact the group & convince them to bring her to him at a location of his choosing.

The woman has no idea how successful the plan was, but she does know one thing: her 'Company' would kill to get her back.

Have fun!
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Well, this is tuff. I liked both ideas. But dangers was the best one. So you get the 25.

Next one: The edge of infinity
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

The characters inadvertently end up through a rift or other strange magical phenomenon which sends them to a plane from which all other dimensions and worlds can be seen. It appears as a large dull flat landmass with no sign of vegetation or water. Time does not pass in there. Wandering around reveals that the entire megaverse is always expanding, creating new dimensions and realms. However something strange is noticed.

At one point the world ceases to expand. All of the other gateways emit their faint blue/white glows, however at this one point the portals begins to shake and fluctuate in colour. Perhaps have a guide in the world (Ya know, some little snowball kind of guy or something that can fill in players). The ever infinate magnificence of the megaverse stops expanding. Infinity ceases. The guide may explain to the players that an event in that world seems to have damaged the very fabric of which the world is made. If the problem isn't resolved not only will that world cease to exist, but as will everything else (I like to think big and epic).

Anyways what is this event? Take your pick. Perhaps a simple child wanting to get back at some kids who have made his life a living hell by using these spells in his uncle's attic. Turns out these are spells to awaken and call forth the old ones themselves. Almost sensing the impending doom, and under the power of the old ones even still sleeping is what is causing the world to shudder. When the characters find the child he may be too far gone and attack them in a wild fury with magical abilities he has mysteriously been granted with... or he may be in shock and burn the book or something. Either way it's a race against time.

Maybe if you want a twist... Have the players go through and to their surprise they discover the portal leads to the world they were just in. A gateway to all worlds within a gateway to all worlds. This mirror world just keeps going on. Truth is that the players themselves were the anomaly that caused the havoc in the first place. By stepping through the gate they caused a crazy paradox of sorts and now they have to stop their doubles or something to that extent. Perhaps not long after they are warped to somewhere they recognize as being somewhere the entire group was a few days before they were warped. They now have to find themselves and stop themselves from going through the portal.

If you want it even more twisted, you can have it so that their past selves see themselves as dopplegangers trying to decieve and kill them and will resist. If any of the players kill their past self it could either erase them from existance, or destroy the entire megaverse... further proving that you can't change fate... causing the end of the infinate.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

...... That is cool, yet twisted at the same time.( WHips out his note book and writes it down) YOu dont get 25, you get 50.

ill have a new one at the end of the day.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Well, this thread has been defunct for a while, and i got some good little sentences and the like, so im restarting it.

The next sentence is:

Few is they that see with thier hearts and not the lies of men.

Edit: if no one doesnt post a plot idea, i will post another sentnece at the end of the one day period. I will try to stay consistant.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Ninjabunny wrote:
Ridley wrote:
The next sentence is:
Few is they that see with thier hearts and not the lies of men.

Hope H,L,S is ok?
Hook:
The players find themselves in a Ciudad Juarez for some reason or another with nothing much to really do. As one of them walks down the street they here some noise from inside a building near by. It sound very close to that of a child between the ages of 3-5. (hopefully you've got a person with a good alignment that wants to help people.) When they go to investigate their is a old man who has been beaten up pretty bad. If the player has any med skills now is the time to use them, if not yelling for help well bring in a passing by police officer. The old man well ask the player "You've got to help me with them before they find...." but he will pass out before he can say who he needs help with or what they'll find.
The old man does live near by and someone well be able to help get him to his house.
line:
The old man will come too just before he gets home. He will Thank the player or players for their help and tell his wife he was unable to remove the "brutes" from the building. He begins to sobbing saying "I can't pay the city's fines much longer."
If the players ask what the deal is the old man well tell them this.
"You see I use to be a land lord and I use to rent out apartments in the building you fond me in. But last month during a riot the building got damaged, it was neverment to deal with high tech weapons. The city told me to tear it down and they would buy all useable materials off of me. I informed the people living in the building at the time, they had to move out. No one had a problem with it and most moved out, but then those Thugs moved in and I haven't been able to get them out. I went up to reason with them but this is what I got! I'm glad it was only the two little punks and not that Juicer or that headhunter. If they get their hands on that contract I'll be ruined and I'll lose everything. Money is so tight as it is."
hopefully the players better nature will come out and they will offer to help the old man, when they offer the old man well offer to pay them 10,000 credits to get them all out.
The players are up against One 3rd level headhunter two level one street rats and one 5th level mega-juicer.However the players deal with the problem (the bad guys well give up before fighting to the death.) something set right with the group. The bad guys never talked about or brought up the contract the building was in shambles but it showed no signs of them digging through in or around the building. The room they where in had no paper work or anything other then Drugs and black market weapons to be sold on the street. (if any players have present sense they will have felt a fifth person in the room with them.) The players couldn't shake the felling someone one else was their. The bad guys well also say someone was in the building with them but they don't no who or where this person is.
Sinker:
The old man well thank the party for what they've done and well quickly pay them off. The old mans nice smile well change as soon as the money is in the players hands, He well then tell them in a cold angry voice "Never come here again!". The old man well turn and walk into the building. (The players should make a precption roll of about 5 or better) as they walk away they'll see a little girl crying in the window of the apperment that the bad guys were in. She almost looks like she's asking for help, blood will splatter on the window and the girl will fall.
When the players run up to the room they find no girl no blood. But they will hear the sound of Two Wilk's laser Swords turing on and the old man saying " I told you not to come back here!" The old man will try to fight all of them and he isn't a joke either His a 7th level pro assassin! Unfortunately his old age is working against him and he will get tired after a few short rounds (one made three at the most.) and he'll fall through a wall where a little girls corpse is sitting in a chair. The old man will stop and cry for a few moments, he will then stand up and kill himself.
His wife will come in the room crying, If the players ask her why he did this she will tell them the story.
" I was his second wife, he told me all about his life as a killer and how this building was just a front he used to keep a "public face". We lived in this very room, He had a small daughter she was such a sweet little girl. We went out to dinner one night and we left her with my mother. When we got home, the door was busted in she had mama And it was telling how good she was doing. It's all so hard to recall now but he was able to defend me and chase off that Monster that did this to us! He'd put a chair leg through his own daughters heart. He boarder up behind that wall and though he'd never see her again. But this had to happen, I'm so sorry my love."
She will stand up and pull the chair leg out of the girls heart and then kill herself as well. The girl is a secondary vampire but only at 1st level. If the players take the vampire down they will find the rights to the building and the city contract, it's total value is 25,000, and the cost to repair it is 5,000.

Woah, sick and twisted. i like it :P Capt. Rory has a good idea too, but this is the better of the two. 50 geek points.

The next sentence will be posted later.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

The Next Sentence Is:

Maybe there is somthing more to fear than fear itself....
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Ridley wrote:The Next Sentence Is:

Maybe there is somthing more to fear than fear itself....

This just screams: a cave, a Vampire Shifter, and a whole bunch of Shadow Demons to me. Kind of like Pitch Black, but with an evil mastermind guiding the beasties...

Hmmm...

The heroes are contacted/discover an old buried military base, buried deep below the earth. The original entrance has been demolished in the intervening years, but an elaborate cave system is nearby, as water slowly erodes the limestone. The base likely has emergency exits underground, maybe an existing breach even. The heroes need to map their way through the caves (i.e. no vehicles, or large mech's), and possibly find a treasure trove of Pre-Rifts artifacts.

Unfortunately, it's unknown what creatures may live below. Local townspeople warn of goblins, but admit they don't know what else may lie below the earth. A rogue vampire Shifter has found sanctuary under the caves, and uses Shadow Demons to excavate ever closer to the old base. He's nearly through the armored exterior, but the heroes have come at the worst possible time...
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

CaptRory wrote:"The Next Sentence Is:

Maybe there is somthing more to fear than fear itself...."

The group is exposed to an outside force that places them inside a mass hallucination of their own nightmares. Everything that is familiar to them is twisted and warped. Their families and friends are whatever they find to be most repulsive. Their own reflections change and warp the longer they stay there, and if they stay there too long they become true monsters of Nightmare and Shadow.

The only way to escape is to find the dream manifestation of whatever put them there and destroying it. Trying to open a Rift or teleport or entering another plane will only lead to a nightmare realm of wherever they tried to go to. All this is taking place in their minds but the damage inflicted upon them is real enough, as is the resources they expend.

kewl :P . Sorry Nova, but this is the better of the two.
50 geek points

The next sentence is: and the daemon that we all carry may be our hope.
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Setting is PF-

The group has just hired on with the Western Empire as sell swords and have been sent to the Vequerrel Woodlands to assist in the impending Faerie Wars breaking out there. They soon discover that their new commander, a die hard Janissary, known for his bloodthirsty tactics, has a plan to wipe out all of the faerie folk within the woodlands. He has hired a Necromancer to create a new spell, a disease that will be spread throughout the entire faerie populace, wiping them out like a massive plague. There's only one hitch, they need a host for the virus. That's where the characters come in.
They are unaware that they were hired specifically to act as the carriers of this disease, and have been singled out as the tool of destruction to the unsuspecting faeries. Once this plan is made clear, it is also discovered that while the disease itself will harm only faeries, being a "host" of the contagion is quite painful, and potentially fatal.
Realizing they have been used by the Imperial army, it falls to the characters to decide what to do. Try and find a cure to the disease, which may not be possible. Complete the mission they were hired to do and destroy the faeries of the Vequerrel Woodlands. Or seek vengeance and attempt to find a way to use their disease infested bodies to turn on the Empire. (Remember that the disease is not supposed to affect anything but Faeries.) What would you do?

Note: the disease in their bodies would be the daemon in question. 8)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

i like that idea. I'll wiat till tonite and see if anyone has anymore things to post.

Once agian the sentence is: and the daemon that we all carry may be our hope.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

oooohhhh, this is really hard to decide over. Both of you take 50 points.

the next sentence is: the thread that binds us also can destroy.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Ok, I have to chime in on this one. The ritual murder of a child as an offered choice, Rory? Bad form, even if it is a game. :nh:

Anyway, "The thread that binds us can also destroy."

The entire group begins having vivid dreams of a beckoning figure, standing atop a mountain. It does not speak, nor can they see its face, but they feel deep within their bones that they are being called... but for what?

When they awaken, they will probably find that they have each had similar dreams, and are left with the strong compulsion to seek out the place and figure in their dreams. Luckily, each has been given a clue, as at the end of their dream a different person place or thing was shown to each member.

Unfortunately, as they begin their search, people around them start to mysteriously die. In fact, the closer they get, the more people are claimed (perhaps family, friends, or even a member of the group!), but by what? Why are they being called, and what awaits them on the mountain? Is it worth risking the lives of more and more innocent people? Can they even survive the mysterious force that stalks their path?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Ridley wrote:the next sentence is: the thread that binds us also can destroy.

The players group is a close knit band of adventurers, having weathered many great adventures together. They are known far and wide as heroes who are willing to risk their own necks for the benefit of others, rushing to the defense of the weak whenever evil threatens.
A former villain of theirs, whose plots have been foiled by the heroes multiple times, has determined that it is time to exact his revenge. His plan, to use the very friendship that binds them together to tear them apart. It is a simple enough matter to arrange for one of the party to be kidnapped in a town they've stopped in to rest or get supplies. He then has the individual replaced by a doppleganger whose only orders are to cause dissent among the heroes and do whatever is possible to drive them apart, making it all the easier for the villain to destroy them. Divide and conquer. insidiousness at its best. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha.
8)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Warwolf wrote:Ok, I have to chime in on this one. The ritual murder of a child as an offered choice, Rory? Bad form, even if it is a game. :nh:

Anyway, "The thread that binds us can also destroy."

The entire group begins having vivid dreams of a beckoning figure, standing atop a mountain. It does not speak, nor can they see its face, but they feel deep within their bones that they are being called... but for what?

When they awaken, they will probably find that they have each had similar dreams, and are left with the strong compulsion to seek out the place and figure in their dreams. Luckily, each has been given a clue, as at the end of their dream a different person place or thing was shown to each member.

Unfortunately, as they begin their search, people around them start to mysteriously die. In fact, the closer they get, the more people are claimed (perhaps family, friends, or even a member of the group!), but by what? Why are they being called, and what awaits them on the mountain? Is it worth risking the lives of more and more innocent people? Can they even survive the mysterious force that stalks their path?

Sorry for not podting in this forum for a while. Anyway, come join in people! the whole point of this thread is to get some plot lines that GM's can use.

Anyways, warwolf gets the points! This was the hardest desion yet!

next sentence is: there is no end to truth, there is no end to right, there is no end to light.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

ohhh..interesting. it would be almost perfect if there were some more detail on what it going on.

lets what and see if anyone else will pop in.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

I guess we should call a game at CaptRory's place... :D
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Holy Crusaders of Rurga (Truth), Od (Right) and Ra (Light) all recieve visions of their respective Gods, asking them to gather at the sight of a great historic battle. They are told that an immense evil that they all once had to team up against on this very sight is about to re-awaken and these Crusaders, as their chosen champions, must face it down and defeat it again. Truth, Right and Light working together to stave of the encroaching darkness. Short, sweet and to the point. 8)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Northern Ranger wrote:Holy Crusaders of Rurga (Truth), Od (Right) and Ra (Light) all recieve visions of their respective Gods, asking them to gather at the sight of a great historic battle. They are told that an immense evil that they all once had to team up against on this very sight is about to re-awaken and these Crusaders, as their chosen champions, must face it down and defeat it again. Truth, Right and Light working together to stave of the encroaching darkness. Short, sweet and to the point. 8)

And thats why you get the 50 points. Captrory, I like the blending of what is moral and what is not in your ideas. Sounds like a good gm.....

Anyways, the next sentece is: A poor wayfaring man of grief...
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Ridley wrote:Anyways, the next sentece is: A poor wayfaring man of grief...

Wow, good one there Rory!

Okay, so let's see if I can top it. (Doubtful)

While traveling close to sundown, the players begin to look for a place to make camp. While searching for their own site, they find a small camp inhabited by a lone man. Upon announcing themselves, the man becomes terrified and begs them not to enter. It may take some convincing, but they should get the man to open up as to why he doesn't want anyone to come near him.

The man is a former thief who, as it turned out, stole from the wrong person, a disguised Demon Lord (or other supernatural being) and was cursed for his trouble. Now, this pour soul is cursed to forever bring bad luck to anyone who comes into contact with him. He has tried to banish himself from society but new people keep stumbling upon his camps, (perhaps this is a side effect of the curse). If there are enough good characters in the group, they may feel he has suffered enough for his crime and try to help him. Either way, this encounter should have some kind of effect on the group! Enjoy! 8)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Capt. Rory, you have a dark, deep mind. I love it. :D you should run a game in the chat rooms with me! :wink: you get the points

The next sentence is: Where there is light, there is deeper darkness still.
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Ridley wrote:The next sentence is: Where there is light, there is deeper darkness still.

Light is just fuel for shadows, for without light, there can be no shadows.

The group has happened upon a small town or city that has been plagued recently by an increase in their crime rate. It is becoming evident to the townsfolk that a new thieves guild has been started up here. The town fathers decide they need to do something about this latest threat, and the player characters look like a likely place to start.

The town is full of devoted followers of the Church of Light, and the Priest who runs the local temple also doubles as the towns mayor. It seems the thieves have singled him out as the single greatest target from which to steal, so he is especially desperate to see the guild laid low. The only clues to the guilds whereabouts or the identities of its members is a message scrawled on the wall of any place they hit. The message says simply... "Shadows are born of the light."

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Blue Eyes »

The next sentence is: Where there is light, there is deeper darkness still.

i came up with the following for one of my PF campaigns: the players are sellswords who have come to a small town in the south to help out the local priest, it seems evil is stirring in the region and the players will have to face many small adventures in the area.

one day they are called out to a small farm community for two reasons.
- the first is simple, livestock has been stolen from the small community, who did and why is unimportant as long as the players do not find out until the things described below has been put into motion, this gives the GM a chance to introduce the "hidden demon" as a protector of the players or one players in particular.
- the second is to keep the peace during the local harvest ball. the players are supposed to have a really good time, interact with the local people, meet girls, dance, drink and maybe get into a little brawl while protecting the honor of one of the local farm girls. one of the girls, ideally one that connects with one of the players is actually a hidden witch (see mystic russia for a description, although i made a modified version for PF, and the "hidden demon" should be very hard to detect). she has no idea of these hidden powers, but once the players are in town and if she falls in love with one of them the demon may come out.

the following triggers the hidden demon which can only come out during the night: jealousy, a desire to protect her loved one, bullying, teasing, hatred, anger and similar emotions. the inner demon will become stronger and stronger very fast and the girl cannot control the "beast" since she has no clue that it exists. first it will be centered around her and the man she loves, but it may escalate into people she loves like familily and friends.
the players can meet the creature on various occasions, and it will probably be there to help them if the girl has feelings for one of the players, but at the same time the creature will cause trouble for any people the girl dislikes. it will start as pranks, accidents, theft, starting fires, scaring or killing livestock etc. it will keep escalating over time and it may end in the murder or wanton acts of destruction.

the "hidden demon" cannot be killed permanently (except for killing the girl), it can be destroyed temporarily, but will be able to reform the very next night.

what will the players do when they find out? will they tell her?, confront her?, try to help her?, destroy her for the good of the community?, ban her from the community?... the possibilities are endless. and note that once the girl is confronted with the fact that she has magical abilities she will realize it is true and they will manifest over time - will she hold a grudge? - who will suffer for her broken heart? this girl has the potential to become a scary villain!

i also think that this should develop over time, the "demon" should appear occasionally and each time it will have become more powerfull.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Cool, some new people decided to join the fray. Good :-)

Well, it is a toss up between Blue Eyes and Capt. Rory. Rory must be some kind of Gm god. i like both, take the 50.

The Next Sentence is: What is time but a concept on which man binds himself?
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Ridley wrote:The Next Sentence is: What is time but a concept on which man binds himself?[/i]

Rory and KT, you guys have definitely upped the ante. Don't know if I'm up to the challenge, but here goes....

The characters are traveling through the Old Kingdom, traversing it en-route from the Western Empire to the Eastern Territories. It is a route they have traveled many times, and while there is almost always trouble, they are always prepared. But there has been a recent earthquake in the area which has shifted some of the ground around, revealing the opening to an underground complex that they never knew existed. Of course, exploration is in order, but they are prepared for their normal trip through the Old Kingdom Wilderness, not exploring a dark dungeon. However, if they leave and come back with the proper equipment, someone else may beat them to it. Indeed, any ranger with the group will note that a variety of creatures have already been poking around the entrance to the complex.
Whatever they decide to do, it will soon become evident that this an ancient Dwarven complex, it's use however is unclear, as it doesn't seem to have military or religious function. It is fairly small but hideously booby trapped and the players may even lose some of their numbers in its exploration. In the farthest room from the entrance they will find an altar on which rests a dwarven warrior in perfectly preserved suspended animation. A mage of any sort should be able to ascertain how to bring him out of it.
Once the dwarf awakens, any elves who happen to be in the group might be instantly attacked. However, if there are only humans in the group, he will be curious as to what race they are and where they come from. After some lengthy conversation it will be determined that he is a warrior from the time of the Elf/Dwarf war, but also happens to be a Rune Smith! He placed himself in suspended animation because, though he has no love for the elves, he grew weary of his creations being used for the destruction of a people he didn't truly hate. (Unbeknownst to the group until much later, this man is also a King. One of the rulers who initially lead the assault against the elves, then had a change of heart.)
It now falls to the characters to deal with this time lost warrior. Can they help him adapt to this new, "modern" world, while keeping the dark forces of the universe from using his rune smithing abilities for their own dark purposes? And does this ancient dwarf have some secret motivations of his own (not necessarily evil). Only time will tell.

I think you've got your work cut out for you this time, Geek Point Guru! 8)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

hey :)

The Next Sentence is: What is time but a concept on which man binds himself?

i came up with the following, i believe it can be used in any setting but i would prefer PF or maybe Phase World. my thoughts on this is that player characters, actually all beings are limited by time, meaning that most player characters start out as 1st level characters and have to rely on adventuring to gain experience, in other words they depend on time to teach them the necessary lessons. what if the players or somebody the players want to help were up against someone who are not bound in the same way by such laws?

those of you who are familiar with the book "between the shadows" for nightbane also know about Astral Lords and Ladies. the book contains 2 OCCs that have a strong connection to the astral plane and the book is meant as a sourcebook about the astral plane. one OCC is based on psychic abilities, the other on magical abilities. both of these OCCs have the ability to create astral kingdoms within the astral plane, in addition to this these people are able to transform their entire bodies into astral selves to enter the astral plane and in there they are effectively immortal!! should one such Astral Lord build his astral kingdom in the outer layer, where time flows differently he or she would have some incredible advantages. time in the outer layer flows differently, like the spell or psionic power says; 5 minutes in the real world equals 5 weeks in the astral planes outer layer. now doing the math means that 52 minutes in PF or Phseworld means one year inside this astral kingdom, imagine what an Astral Lord with the right allies could do... he could effectively train an army inside his astral kingdom in 3 hours! (which would be 3+ years in his or her kingdom).

i would probably use this villain as a politician that seeks to gain power in as many places as possible, a politician that uses any and all tricks in the book and isnt afraid to use his secret hideaway and allies as muscle to get what he or she wants - another long term scenario.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Wow, some people have really upped the ante! And some new faces too!

Kon Thakk you have a really good idea there, Take the 50.

The Next Sentence Is: When the sands run out, and the light begins to whane....
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Ridley wrote:The Next Sentence Is: When the sands run out, and the light begins to whane....

It's kind of embarrassing, but I really can't think of anything worthy of that sentence. (Especially after reading Rory and KT's posts. :? )

:oops:

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

hey again :)

The Next Sentence Is: When the sands run out, and the light begins to whane....

again i believe this idea can be used in any setting, but i believe it would function best in a medieval setting where players do not have access to modern technology.

the players are approached by a beautiful young woman wearing robes, she is in her mid twenties, she seems to be horrified and in some sort of shock, she is confused and disoriented and all she keeps repeating is "i need my medicine - please medicine now, my father - you must find my father now!" after this she collapses and falls into a coma like state. when they players watch this and maybe use any medical skills they have on her, they will witness something that is very weird. her left hand, starting with her fingers, will sudden change color and then start to smolder and will eventually turn to sand that will fall to the ground, just like the sand inside an hourglass. what will the players do? will they try to find out who or what this woman is, will they try to get her the "medicine" she needs? or maybe find her father?

Background: 25 years ago a powerful warlock lost his family in a tragic accident. in his grief he used powerful elemental magics to create a living breathing identical copy of his daughter (Spells: Sculpt and Animate clay animals, then clay to stone, stone to flesh and breath of life). this new daughter he raised as his own child and has successfully created "a new lifeform" - a sentient version of the puppets that normally can be created. the warlock worked closely together with an alchymist, and together they concocted a potion that the girl has to drink once every year to sustain herself. a unique creature, for some reason the girl lost her last dosage and is now in serious trouble - bear in mind that she has no idea that she is "artificial"! exactly what the circumstances are i leave up to any other GM that would like to use the idea, but the players should realize that time is a factor.

the sands that run out is her body deteriorating and the light that wanes is her life...
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Woah, some good stuff here. Blue-Eyes has that magic quality to it, CaptRory has that epic Final Fantasy feel to it, and KonThaak has that creppy, moral delima that would fit well into Nightbane or Beyond the Supernatural. Overall, KonThaak has the better idea, he gets the 50. Looks like you all have got some competition.

The Next Sentence is: Hope is the thing with feathers,but Despair is the being with real influence.
Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

hello again :)

The Next Sentence is: Hope is the thing with feathers,but Despair is the being with real influence.

another general idea came to me, again i believe it can be used in any setting but i would prefer PF or some backwater world in phaseworld.

hope can be a good thing, but hope can also lead to disappointments and disappointments can lead to envy, jealousy, anger and similar dark emotions. when exposed to dark emotions over a long time they can lead to dispair...!

adam and eve had been friends since early childhood, both of them grew up in the same small farm community, attented the same birthdays, annual celebrations like the harvest ball and weddings. adam was considered a bright young kid with a sharp mind, but he was also considered somewhat of a geek and loner. eve was beautiful and had a charisma and a way about her like no other girl in the region and the boys swarmed around her like moths to a flame. eventually, at some point in life, adam developed true feelings of love towards eve, feelings she did not share and could not return in the way adam had hoped.

eventually adam goes away to the big city to attend a college to become a merchant or maybe even a sorceror. whenever he visits his parents back home he always makes sure to tell eve how he feels, but again and again he is rejected, it is obvious that eve is more interested in other boys/men and that he does not have a chance, he is slowly convincing himself that it is his physical appearance that is the reason that she rejects him - but he still hopes more than anything that she will change her mind.

adam has done something really stupid, he has tried to augment himself through magic to become "more of a man", he has indebted himself to buy a parasite that will give him this power.
(the parasite is a beastifier - see splynn dimensional market page 112, the parasite is in fact a vessel to slowly infect adam with the energy essense of a boschala - "the living nightmare". it will grant him power, but eventually he will transform into a monster and be lost forever - 10 months - he has been linked to it for 5 months). but even this does not seem to work, eve is still not interested and people are starting to fear him (which he kinda likes).

time goes and adam is slowly changing, he becomes jealous, envious and angry and eventually he becomes desparate. he becomes a beacon in the night for all the dark creatures out there searching for desperate people just like him - i am thinking a vampire intelligence or similar - he can have anything he wants - and he wants eve, who by the way has just met a wonderful man and has been engaged recently - to one of the players maybe? in addition he is indebted beyond belief, getting a supernatural ally could change that in a heartbeat - adam is TEMPTED.

depending on whether adam is a merchant or magician he will have different allies and connections at his disposal. another disaster brewing, if adam takes the step over the edge there is no way back, but maybe the players can stop it before it goes too far - if they see the warning signs. what will the player characters do?
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Ridley wrote:The Next Sentence is: Hope is the thing with feathers,but Despair is the being with real influence.

The group is traveling a long, hard road. It has been months tracking a Necromancer through the harshest terrain imaginable. They have fought their way through countless monsters, a lot of them denizens of the undead sent against them by the very Necromancer they chase. Some of their comrades have fallen in the ensuing battles, and in some cases they have fallen more than once as their corpses were re-animated to be used against them!

They are nearing the end of their road, knowing that the man they seek is not far ahead. But the trials that they have faced thus far have been horrendous. They don't know if they have what it takes to continue, victory seems just out of their grasp.

Then, a miracle. They stumble upon the lair of a Kulkulcan, the feathered serpent. Symbol of luck and hope. It must a good omen. The Gods have smiled on their mission. They will succeed.

Confidently they push on. Secure now in their own abilities, knowing full well that they have what it takes to rid the world of another evil being. When at last they catch up to the Necromancer, though, something unexpected happens. It soon becomes apparent that this man is not a mere mortal. As the battle rages, he assumes his true form.

He is Utu, Lord of the Dead. There is no hope left, when faced with such despair.

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

The Points Go to Blue Eyes, but all of these are worthy adventure plots.

The Next Sentence is: What are morals, somthing that has no real bearing on the soul? or are they what makes us human?
Blue Eyes
Dungeon Crawler

hi again :)

The Next Sentence is: What are morals, something that has no real bearing on the soul? or are they what makes us human?

i would use the following idea in rifts or phaseworld because the idea is based on the wonders of technology.

the player characters accidentally stumble upon a spacecraft that is adrift, it has been seriously damaged and all systems are down. the ship seems to be an older model, some kind of exploration vessel. the players board the ship to salvage anything that might be turned into credits and inside they find a person in a hibernation chamber. the person looks completely human and is obviously alive, although still in a coma. should the players decide to bring the person onboard their own ship they will learn that the person is actually an android and it seems to have sustained some damage, with minor repairs and power it will be possible to reactivate the android.

adam prime: neural intelligence android (Robot RCC - sourcebook one), non-combat skill program, very friendly and articulate. this encounter can spawn any number of interesting adventures but the most interesting should be the following:
neural intelligence robots are the most advanced robots possible, they have super hightech computerbrains build through nano-technology. effectively a human brain, but build through artificial means. these robots are believed to have "ghosts" and would qualify as sentient living beings, maybe they do have souls?
adam has been damaged, and since he was build using alien technology the players should not be able to do much other than maintenance and basic repairs on the android. over time this might change and adam will most likely have the skills to repair himself.
adams memory core and behavioural module (his alignment) have been damaged, which means he has little information on his own background and most importantly he has no alignmentand little in the ways of a disposition!

the idea is that adam is a fast learner, he will accept the players as his new "crew, gang or friends", he will watch the player characters and learn. he will use logic as his primary meter for behaviour but will look to the players for guidance and help. the players should notice that their actions and input is actually forming and shaping adams being, his outlook on the world and his interaction with people around him. will they teach him morals because that is what makes him "human" or sentient/good and compassionate if you will, or will be become cold, calculating and arrogant because that is what the players are.

adam will become a mirror that reflects the behaviour of the players, by watching adam they will see themselves, will they like what they see?
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

So no ideas, huh? Well, i give this another day, then im going to update the thread tomarrow, and award points.
Northern Ranger
Hero
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Ridley wrote:The Next Sentence is: What are morals, somthing that has no real bearing on the soul? or are they what makes us human?

The group is hired to act as bounty hunters, bringing in a man that has been convicted of murder. It turns out to be very easy to catch him, which is odd, since he is supposed to be a hardened adventurer in his own right. The whole way back to turn him in, he keeps declaring his innocence of the charges, but the characters stick to their guns, certain he is just trying to sway them.

Shortly after turning him over to the ones that hire them, they stumble upon some information that proves conclusively that he didn't commit the crimes of which he was accused. The group brought in the wrong man, the question now becomes... what do they do about it? The moral thing, try to help him. Or do they take the gold and run, thus leaving the condemned man to his fate? Ahh moral dilemma's.

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Im going to give this one more day, then update it. So Capt. Rory or anyone else want to get in on the action, now is your chance.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

KonThaak wrote:I've been pondering this one since the day it was posted...

I'm drawing a complete blank.

Well, not quite complete, but none of my ideas really work with the sentence posted...

Post any and all Ideas! The sentence posted is really just to get you started on a train of thought. In the end it doesn;t matter where you mind takes you, weather it relates to the orginal sentence or not.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Kon Thaak gets the points. By the way, this thread will be defunc till the last week of may, when i get out of school. This week is going to be hectic for me.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Sorry, Capt. Rory, but in this thread, I am the Dungeon Master

Next Sentence is: I sleep in this place, where the shadows run from themselves.[/i]
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

KonThaak wrote:I'll sleep in this place, with the lo-nely crowd,
Lie in the dark, where the shadows run from themselves...

Love that song, my man. ^^; Are all of your sentences references from stuff? If so, this is the first one I've recognized.

I'll have to get back to you on a plot. Wife wants to watch a movie together.

Later! (Maybe later tonight, if I can come up with a decent one.)

you caught me. :D Most of my stuff comes from quotes from books, some songs, and some movies. Others i just make up on my own. I have used some quotes from Monte Cristo, quotes that i used to prove my thesis to finish the semester.

Edit: This got started as a grand expirament, i starting getting ideas for aventures, etc. by taking sentences that sounded cool by themselves. I would then take them and make plot threads based around those sentences and then choose the best one. After that expand it into a full fledged adventure/campagin complete with encountes, NPC's, etc. I used that for about a year. Its interesting to see what you started with and what you end up with.
Last edited by Ridley on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Woah, I totaly spaced this. Kon Thakk for the win. :D

The next sentence is: The prince of the peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.[/i]
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

Ok I am reviving this thread for those that are new, here are the rules.

Each time I post, a new sentence will be posted, and the winner from the previous sentence. From the sentence posted, you are to create a usuable plot outline that can be used for an adventure. This can be for any game. The person with the best idea will recieve 50 Geek Points. Overall, however, the idea is create a database of plot line that a GM could use.

The sentence is: The prince of the peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Ridley wrote:Ok I am reviving this thread for those that are new, here are the rules.

Each time I post, a new sentence will be posted, and the winner from the previous sentence. From the sentence posted, you are to create a usuable plot outline that can be used for an adventure. This can be for any game. The person with the best idea will recieve 50 Geek Points. Overall, however, the idea is create a database of plot line that a GM could use.

The sentence is: The prince of the peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone
ok I will give this a try....my GM style is a bit odd though..so I will also give a peek into how i arrived at this adventure....

the prince of peace embraced the gloom Ok, I always start with a NPC that drives portions of the plot This section puts me in mind of the night princes so I will set it aside with thoughts of a nightbane setting as my possible starting point.
and walked the night alone now this says to me a lone wolf archetype possibly even a renegade...ok now thats enough to satrt a concept with....

Prince Selrahc, a minor night Prince , has seen the error of his ways and now wishes to join in the fight agaisnt the other Nightlords.The catch? He was at one time one of the more vile, blood thirsty, coniving princes of the Ba'al. convincing the Player Characters of his change of heart will be a feat worthy of Sysiphus. especially sincce even the Ba'al cannont belive this is not one of Prince Selrahc's more cunning underhanded plans to gain entry to the HQ of those who stand in his way, and because they belive such will make backhanded compliments to him on his sheer genius of devising such a plan.
the Twist...
GMs it's up to you decide is Selrahc genuine? or is it a ruse? as an added twist Selrahc bears a striking resemblance to a certain Bonnie Prince, so adventures could have some added flavor there (does Selrahc already control GB or not?)is the real Prince (Selrahc's human double) still alive? captured? hidden in the nightrealm? all fine fodder for many an adventure....
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Re: GM Geek Points

Unread post by Ridley »

Hey, its been a while. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing this game again. Or, if you wanted to, we could just share ideas for campaigns, settings, and adventures.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions?
Joseph Kerr
Explorer

Re: GM Geek Points

Unread post by Joseph Kerr »

I'd be up for participating.
Help save the people who brightened my little brothers birthday, Palladium Books!!

Enigma - To the Sound of Rain.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”