The Behemoth and its horns

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mudang
Adventurer
Comment: life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery

The Behemoth and its horns

Unread post by Mudang »

Exactly how much damage is done when a Behemoth attacks with its horns? Damages are given for the Behemoth's head butt when it does not use its horns, but no damages are given for when it does.
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

ManDrake13 wrote:The Horn attack damage is on top of page 112 (second column second entry in the list). I think that its suppose to be in addition to the head butt damage already listed, since that's the way it works with horns on Host Armor.

I don't know how I missed that. D'oh

In any case, assuming that the Behemoth's horns are the same kind detailed on page 96, that damage seems about right, and I don't think it should be added to the head butt.

A pair of large horns does 3d6 damage, and a pair of small horns does 1d6 damage. The Behemoth has only one large horn and one small horn, so it's horns would only add (3d6/2) + (1d6/2) or roughly 2d6. So that the horn attack is 1d6+6 md greater than the full strength head butt seems about right.

Now I have another question; How many more horns can the behemoth get?
Mudang
Adventurer

Unread post by Mudang »

ManDrake13 wrote:Well if you extended the formula from p 96, it would appear that it's three levels higher than the highest that can be put on a Host Armor. So I using that formula I would guess that only one pair is possible, which is what the Behemoth already has. I don't think the damage from the smaller one is being counted because it's never going to hit a target, it's mostly for show. If I were going to count it from the purposes of damage I'd say it probably represents the bonus +6 to damage, since it's so much smaller than the main one.

That is all based upon the assumption that the damage of the Horn Attack comes solely from the horns and does not include the head butt damage. That is not necessarily the case.

I'm sorry but it says clearly its added to head butt damage, given a 4 tons of kinetic energy being brought to bear on a single point, it's hard to understand an argument that says it would do combined damage. Goring damage can be devastating today, add in a massive boost of strength and massive increase in mass and there is no way to imagine it not doing damage on that scale.

There is no reason to believe that the head butt damage isn't already included in the Horn Attack damage.

Return to “Splicers®”