Enhanced Strength

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Enhanced Strength

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Has this topic already been covered?

Why would I want my Biotic or Gorehound to spend 50 Bio-E to convert from Supernatural strength to Robotic/Host Armor strength? Shouldn't it be convert Robotic /Host Armor strength to Supernatural strength?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Well, for one, Biotics don't start with SN PS, they start with Splicer PS. There are a lot of editing oddities in Splicers, a good many of which have been covered in the stickied Q&A thread for Carmen. The note that Biotics need to purchase Splicer strength is negated by the OCC outroight stating they start at Splicer strength.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

ManDrake13 wrote:I don't know that this topic has been specifically covered, but I think the adults have reached a general consensus that Kevin and Crew went back through the book before publishing and changed a bunch of stuff without updating all the related fluff text to make the game more high powered. So a lot of units that were never intended to have Splicer or Supernatural strength suddenly did, but the steps to actually give them that power were still in there because they were in a different section of the book. It's what has lead to a lot of the arguments on here, depending on which sections of the book you take to heart will determine your view on the game itself. Much like a religious debate it's all a matter of perspective, but a completely fruitless endeavor to embark upon. The original intent of the writer appears to have been to have Gorehounds and Biotics to have normal human style strength, hence the entry under the powers. But I imagine that would have made both completely ineffective against the machine, so I imagine that Kev&Co went in and bumped them up the supernatural/splicer strength respectively and called it a day without realizing that it was discussed elsewhere in the book. A pack master gets on average 57 points a Gorehound to start, so I imagine that the decision to make them a machine fighter rather than a scout was going to be a critical decision originally and take the bulk of their BIO-E if they went that route. Instead, they now get that and more for free. It sort of changes the nature of the game and the Gorehound itself. So ultimately it's up to you how you decide to fix the last minute editing mistake. If you're a power gamer and must have unlimited power at no cost run with the Kev&Co rules. If your a little more cerebral and game for the challenge go with the original rules. Basically you get two games in one and you get to pick which you like better.
If Biotics and Gorehounds were normal strength that wouldn't make them completely ineffective vs. the machine. All the weapons they had mounted on them would still do MD.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Yeah but take in mind even the weakest machine bot got hekkuva lot of MDC. Sincerely having normal human strenght woudl not make so much sense, at least with such high cost for splicer strenght(50 bio-e? Are you joking?). Considering that Gorehoud and Biotic . from what it look, are not long rang efighter but muhc more versed for hand to hand combat, and considering that melee weapons does not get upgrade dislike long rang ewapons, you see a bit more strenght should be added. An another note. Built in melee weapon doe snot get any special effect apart ebing MDC. How should the inflci MDC damage wihotu an MDC strenght behind? From what I know if I've a club made of MDC material I could parry MDC melee attack but unless i got Megadamage strenght I cannot do any megadamage at all. So unless the Melee weapons of the splcier are vibroblades I see no way they coudl inflict MDC wihtout Megadamge strenght.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Baron of chaos wrote:Yeah but take in mind even the weakest machine bot got hekkuva lot of MDC. Sincerely having normal human strenght woudl not make so much sense, at least with such high cost for splicer strenght(50 bio-e? Are you joking?). Considering that Gorehoud and Biotic . from what it look, are not long rang efighter but muhc more versed for hand to hand combat, and considering that melee weapons does not get upgrade dislike long rang ewapons, you see a bit more strenght should be added. An another note. Built in melee weapon doe snot get any special effect apart ebing MDC. How should the inflci MDC damage wihotu an MDC strenght behind? From what I know if I've a club made of MDC material I could parry MDC melee attack but unless i got Megadamage strenght I cannot do any megadamage at all. So unless the Melee weapons of the splcier are vibroblades I see no way they coudl inflict MDC wihtout Megadamge strenght.
Well that would be because they say they produce MDC damage. Your asking how they produce MD but your able to suspend belief enough to accept the stupid blood pool weapons that cause MDC in the hands of a human just because the liquid is moved from one chamber to another by the force of the stroke, not by some bio-mechanical hyper speed pump?
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Beliefe suspension goes only so far, dude. This would have wokred if i never played a Palladium RPG before. but being a Rifts croonies for long time, well. somethings just does not make sense. No surprise kevin decided to change some things.
And i'm still of my opinion thatSplicer would have worked much more smoothly as SDC setting.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

The Baron of chaos wrote:And i'm still of my opinion thatSplicer would have worked much more smoothly as SDC setting.

I agree. It does look like at first Splicers had an SDC setting in mind to me.

I know if Splicers was an SDC setting, i'd enjoy it alot more.
I'd love to see HU2 strength levels used more.
Normal
Extraordinary
Superhuman (robotic/splicer)
Supernatural
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Baron of chaos wrote:Beliefe suspension goes only so far, dude. This would have wokred if i never played a Palladium RPG before. but being a Rifts croonies for long time, well. somethings just does not make sense. No surprise kevin decided to change some things.
And i'm still of my opinion thatSplicer would have worked much more smoothly as SDC setting.
True nuff but that makes it so that the robots can be taken down by a club made from a tree or enough thrown rocks. As far as beleif suspension there are many things in Rifts that do MDC while not requireing the user to have Robot or Supernatural strength.

Return to “Splicers®”