Non-NEMA SAMAS Questions

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

The USA SAMAS is the pre-Rifts military version of the SAMAS. The Bandito Arms models are variants of the USA SAMAS that the Black Market tweaked.

I think what we'll see down the road is that NEMA got the first run of just about everything, which is why their gear is so much better than that of the military. That includes the Silver Eagle, which was a NEMA exclusive.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

SkyStreak wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:The USA SAMAS is the pre-Rifts military version of the SAMAS. The Bandito Arms models are variants of the USA SAMAS that the Black Market tweaked.

So you would use the USA SAMAS stats exactly as they appear in Spirit West? Or would you tweak them any?

Yep, I'd use them exactly as in Spirit West. There could be some that were tweaked a bit differently (differnt packages or models or whatever) but for the base model, that's what I would use.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Use the USA Samas. IF you want come up with another couple of weapons options for it. The .50 Cal used by NEMA for example.

I've had mixed feelings about the power level of NEMA compared to the militrary. I've always considered the Wild Weasel and Sidewinder as upgrade packs for an older SAMAS model, similar to the F-111 Aardvark/Raven, the F-4 Phantom II/Wild Weasal and such. It has been common for some time to take older equipment and use it as a platform for speciality equipment like the Wild Weasel SAMAS, or as a test bed for a new technology like the Sidewinder and it's vectored thurst.

I built my Pre-Rifts military similar to Kitsune. You have reserve units with older conventional, but MDC tanks, helicopters, EBA, and a mix of MDC and SDC small arms. Something similar to the New Navy equipment in Underseas. Frontline army units would have vehicles superior to what NEMA uses. Possibly hovertanks, more exotic VTOLS replacing helicopters, heavy EBA and small arms, with some havind SDC options. For the most part these would be on part to Triax or later CS models and would include Glitter Boys and USA Samas as standard. My version stays away from most robots. NEMA would have the cutting edge of EBA, bots(for their use in rescue and such), and power armor. They would also have small arms geared toward versatility over the lethality the army would go for.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Jason Richards wrote:The USA SAMAS is the pre-Rifts military version of the SAMAS. The Bandito Arms models are variants of the USA SAMAS that the Black Market tweaked.

I don't recall that the Black Market "tweaked" them in any way, rather people think they tweaked the CS SAMAS to produce two new models.

The models being produced are pretty much as the US Air Force had intended had the cataclysm not taken place.

For the topic question - I'd use the SAMAS as described in Spirit West.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”