A question for the eggheads around here

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Baron of chaos
Champion

A question for the eggheads around here

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Do you think that Splicer could create carbon nanotubes? And Plasma? What do you think?
For me is not totally out of question, albeit it would be hard to do.
Ya know with all these materials question that arise in me each time I think about splicers(a good thing it made me develope a curiosity about these arguments , first time in my life!) I start thinking tha tSplcier is perhaps the most science driven palladium rpg(sigh and perhaps this is the reaosn fo the lack fo magic....poo :( )
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

I don't see it as completely beyond the realm of possibility. Glassblowing has long been a handcraft and could easily be the basis for making similar items from stronger materials.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
demos606
Hero

Based on other threads, I'd guess he's looking for something to replace traditional capacitors in electronics.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Yes Demos caught it very well my idea. Plasma is not just a funny substitute for napalm, but Plasma are called any gas that conduit electricity.

Plasma

Carbon nanotubes other than conductors, can truly replace metal in term of physical resistance.

Carbon Nanotubes
The Baron of chaos
Champion

And why they don't? It make sens they wann show Machines their nanoplague did not worked as hoped. And again is not so stupid wishing for a material tha tis not metal but posess the same proprieties. If I lived in Spilcer I woudl really go for it! Perhaps combined with organic technologies. Splicer do allow the use of M.D.C. ceramics , so the game is not against this idea. Probably Bio-tehc is favoer because
a)heal
b)grow by itself , in some case even mate
But inorganic is stil a good option, should the machien decide to go for serious bio-weapons(like programming nanoplague to cause ebola in Host Armors...what would you do then?)
And again....
I wanna my Plasma DVD player!!! :lol: (part flesh, part plasma technology)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

IIRC the book states that they still produce ceramics and plastics.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I feel that Splicers will change greatly with a few new source books. But psionics should be in there. Some minor super powered mutants and juicers would be cool too.
demos606
Hero

We already have Juicers in Splicers, they're called Scarecrows. Psionics may well make an appearance and was hinted at for some "experimental" breeds in the original book.

Return to “Splicers®”