The Lazlo Agency from BTS in CE?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I don't use it currently, but I think it is a great idea. I use most of the secret socities from Nightbane as well as the Lazlo Agency in my HU games.

I would think they would still be relatively small and not taken seriously until the coming of the rifts. Afterwards whatever is left would join NEMA as experts, try to defend and protect their local town and so on.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

The way I have it is that their membership declined more and more as technology became more advanced, so that when 2098 came around, their organization had few numbers...and ultimately perished in the Great Cataclysm and during the following Dark Ages.

~ Josh
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Then who founds the city of Lazlo?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Then who founds the city of Lazlo?

The city of Lazlo is named after Victor Lazlo whose writing is rediscovered, and his full genius recognized, after the coming of the Rifts. I don't think anyone from his orginization had anything to do with the founding of the city. According to BTS1 Victor disappears sometime in the late 80's while investigating an indian mound.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

JTwig wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:Then who founds the city of Lazlo?

The city of Lazlo is named after Victor Lazlo whose writing is rediscovered, and his full genius recognized, after the coming of the Rifts. I don't think anyone from his orginization had anything to do with the founding of the city. According to BTS1 Victor disappears sometime in the late 80's while investigating an indian mound.

Bingo, Lazlo is named after Victor when Erin Tarn introduces his writings to the people of the Free State.

Lalo was not founded by people from the Agency or Society.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

Re: BTS=RIFTS EARTH

Sir Ysbadden wrote:According to the writings of Kevin him self, he has always thought of earth from BTS as the Rifts earth of the 40s & 50s so to answer the question of did the Lazlo agency exist in Chaos earth id have to say definitely :D
If were really lucky maybe Kevin will read this thread and have some one write a source book for the Chaos Earth Lazlo Agency :angel: :twisted: ;)

However, when he wrote Chaos Earth he changed that view.

Chaos Earth (and via association Rifts Earth) is an amalagation of BTS, HU and even pre-Flash ATB: the future of all of those worlds and none of those worlds at the exact same time.

~ Josh
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Sir Ysbadden wrote:According to the writings of Kevin him self, he has always thought of earth from BTS as the Rifts earth of the 40s & 50s so to answer the question of did the Lazlo agency exist in Chaos earth id have to say definitely :D
If were really lucky maybe Kevin will read this thread and have some one write a source book for the Chaos Earth Lazlo Agency :angel: :twisted: ;)

As of Rifter #2 Kevin said BtS is not the past of Rifts Earth.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Josh Sinsapaugh

Rebellious Waffle wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:As of Rifter #2 Kevin said BtS is not the past of Rifts Earth.

Makes things a bit tangly, though, since the description of Victor Lazlo in Rifts: Africa says that Victor's convinced that Rifts Earth is the world he knew, 'cos of his Chiang-Ku friend still stickin' around. Does that mean that there was a separate Victor Lazlo for Rifts (and a separate Hwang-Li or whatever his name was)?

Is it even possible to have dragons from parallel universes? I thought they didn't have copies in other worlds 'cos they were natural dimensional travelers and didn't leave so strong a magical cross-signature as a human.

Yes.

Technically, there are infinite parallel universes with a parallel version of each person within...hence that one Temporal Spell: Id Self(?).

So, it is perfectly feasible to get swept up by a dimensional anomaly and end up in a dimension where everyone is you.

~ Josh
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'll have to place it in there. Great idea! Thanks for it! :-)
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

That's a good agrument for it Sir Ysbadden! I agree with you!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

It makes total sense that it is the same person.

HH....FIE
tenakafurey
Wanderer

Unread post by tenakafurey »

Basara_549 wrote:Here's an essay I did for the Palladium FAQ that I've not updated in 4 years (I REALLY need to get around to updating it, but I need to get caught up on all Palladium products first - currently lagging well behind)

Neat theory.

I prefer the one universe setup myself…..

Basically, one timeline in which most of palladiums universes can be placed.

So, we have Recon in the 1960s, leading to BTS and HU. SF could also be worked in there circa 2000, though I prefer to place RoboTech and, 80 years later, Macross II (for those that want to include them), all leading up to the Golden Age of humanity and the inevitable crash, leading to CE and RIFTS. ATB can even be placed up there, just before RT starts.

EJL
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Well, according to Mindwerks, there still was a Lazlo Agency shortly before the Cataclysm, as Mindwerks used to work with them to make devices for the study of parapsychology.
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Rifts, at the start, was to be Kevin's dark future for BTS, he's said as such.

He's also said that as he developed the concepts, the Heroes Unlimited world is a more likely start point (Chaos Earth Century Station anyone?).

Then you get people like me, where my HU is my N&Ss, is my TMNT, is my BTS.

So it doens't really matter if he's coming from BTS or HU to me, it's all the same Earth.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
tmikesecrist3
Dungeon Crawler

Re: The Lazlo Agency from BTS in CE?

Unread post by tmikesecrist3 »

Heres my 2 cents, I seem to be makeing a lot of posts lol

any way, to the point I dont think the lazlo agency sirvied in that form past the 90s it I think became the lazlo society, and yes I could see that still existing in some form to the comeing of the rifts, but, as its members lost contact, being a globe net work, with the disrption of cumucations, I can not see it sruviveing the appaclaips, sorry folk, now I have no doubt that its members, would have contuned doing there thing, there effectiveness would not be what it once was, as thay could not pool there information any more
"Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred."
The charge of the light Brigade, By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

According to Rifts Africa, Lo Fung was a key force in maintaining the Lazlo Agency. He had advance warning of the Coming of the Rifts, enabling a number of his followers to survive the Great Cataclysm.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
exiled_snow
D-Bee

Unread post by exiled_snow »

Yes.

Technically, there are infinite parallel universes with a parallel version of each person within...hence that one Temporal Spell: Id Self(?).

So, it is perfectly feasible to get swept up by a dimensional anomaly and end up in a dimension where everyone is you.

~ Josh

or where everyone IS Jason Richards...
I want Emperor Prosek in my Happy Meal, damnit - Mephisto
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Personally I fall back on the theory that the seperate dimensions exist on different "frequencies". Thus the closer the frequencies the more dimensional bleed. Thus the Lazlo society (BTS)Existing on the (Pre Rifts earth) Leading to that world's Lo Fung's Experiences And the KLS corp (From HU) being if I remember correctly the creators of Glitterboy tech.

As an aside, I've always thought the idea of a long term campaign where each plays two (or more if they can handle it) Alternate versions of their character from different dimensions. Thus A guy who's a paranormal investigator in BTS is say a Wampyr in NB, a Dedicated Martial artist in N&SS And a Mutant in HU2
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

justicar5 wrote:
Jay05 wrote:Personally I fall back on the theory that the seperate dimensions exist on different "frequencies". Thus the closer the frequencies the more dimensional bleed. Thus the Lazlo society (BTS)Existing on the (Pre Rifts earth) Leading to that world's Lo Fung's Experiences And the KLS corp (From HU) being if I remember correctly the creators of Glitterboy tech.

As an aside, I've always thought the idea of a long term campaign where each plays two (or more if they can handle it) Alternate versions of their character from different dimensions. Thus A guy who's a paranormal investigator in BTS is say a Wampyr in NB, a Dedicated Martial artist in N&SS And a Mutant in HU2

that sounds so cool, a great idea.
Thanks justicar5. I thought so. If I were a better gm lol, I'd run the bugger myself!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

In my mind, BTS is the prequel to Chaos Earth, which is the prequel to Rifts. So, yes, I use em in my personal history.

I like Josh's take on it, by the time 2098 rolls around, they are not much of players in the world.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”