Filter feeding Base

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

In the moment you said whale, I got this mental image of a giant city-whale (drawn in John Romita Jr. style) that move in the deepness of the oceans. This and some scen from Pinocchio. Is a very crafty idea.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Now giger stuff is cool but is not the only look flesha nd bone could assume. I prefer some sleekness(that's one thing i don tlike of Splcier, the extreme bumpy outlook. Look at sharks and whales, they are sleek and stylish looking)
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Sounds more like a Warmount than a seedling.

A seedling should eat dirt, rock, mud, chemicals from the ocean floor.
With special non-combat Warmounts to move people to the surface and back. The seedling feeds the people, provides them air, and light inside itself.

I too think Giger...sleekness is better to me too. Stan Winston (predator, JP, and more) i like too. Mix in Steve Wang (guver movies) and we are set.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: Filter feeding Base

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

ManDrake13 wrote:I was trying to get around the problem of the machine finding the home base of the Resistance. Of course, burying your seedling on the ocean floor helps out quite a bit on the front. But then you've got to figure out how to get the normal people that live in the seedlings down there and so on. It also reminded me of the fact that there is a massive amount of energy created by the decay of animals and plants on the sea floor. It's called being a Detritivore, but we are using the technology today to power Navy underwater sensor systems. But any sitting target is just that, so I started thinking about a massive organism that feeds like a whale. Organic thrusters to push it along and millions of tiny feeding mouths and gills to provide the standard products for the humans inside. Then it could just be a massive moving base that they could surface and have massive on board weapon systems to attack coastal defenses as needed. Do you think the vision is too far off from solving the problem? I'm sure the ship would use up several hundred tons of filtered food a day, but I figure that without human pollution the oceans of the Splicer Universe should be pretty much paradise of sea life. These ships would have no trouble at all living indefinitely in the Splicer Ocean, not to mention that they could hide out in the deep water when the Machine was on the war path.

So what does everyone think?

Slappy created this, and its drawn by madjaguar for the Rifter...its a perssonel carrier warmount...
KRAKEN Warmount by madjaguar
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

nice coloring, but Opening the image in Firefox is the only way to stop the HTTP referrer cookies from getting snagged by the stupid Website

Return to “Splicers®”