NEMA K-9 Unit

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kevinslkt
Wanderer

NEMA K-9 Unit

Unread post by kevinslkt »

I though this be kinda fun to include in a game. Have a NEMA K-9 Unit survivor which was primarily used before as drug-trade operatives. You know, dog sniffs out the drugs and perp gets arrested. After the "Rifts" this paired unit of canine and human are still together. You got the dog's inate ability to sense the supernatural and sometimes is a natural enemy to some demons. Give the dog some specifically developed MDC armor that would have little interference on its performance. Also, the dog would give the handler a advanced warning when something supernatural approaches. enjoy. :bandit:
"Do not disturb, I'm disturbed enough already!"

"You say PYSCHO like its a bad thing"
kevinslkt
Wanderer

Ummm.. Stats for the dog, typically can be found in monsters and animals but as for the armor it has to have some A.R. say 17 to proect the little helper as much as possible.

Main Body 65 MDC
Head 20 MDC

Attacks versus natural enemies. Add 1 extra Attack due to sheer ferocity and instinctive hatred of the being. That's just off the top of my head. Designing some artwork for the canine/human pair. :bandit:

Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

You know, if you do this right, this could be where they got the ideals for the dog boys. And great ideal by the way. 8) :ok:
Juankis
Wanderer

Unread post by Juankis »

Sounds good, maybe Jason can expand upon this in his upcoming First Reponders sourcebook
"If you want something done, ask. If you want something done quickly, ask, and then begin counting down from ten with no explanation."
- Mahatma Gandhi
"Unit be the side of darkeness"
Benito Pulatso
Explorer

Unread post by Benito Pulatso »

Aren't Dog Boys Golden Age tech? So wouldn't a NEMA K-9 unit be a Dog Boy and a handler?
Alpha 11
Palladin

I do not think so, but I could be wrong.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I always assumed the tech was there, but you didn't have Dogboys running around.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Alpha 11
Palladin

I think they got the ideal and tech from Lone Star(I do not have the book, so I am just guessing.). And yes, they were experimenting with making humanoid animals before the Rifts. South America is full of them.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Dog boys, might be military projects, i can see limited use of the doy boys because it would freak some out, an PETA would be up in arms fighting for thier rights.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
kevinslkt
Wanderer

Actually, it does state somewhere in the worldbooks that they had the means to create genetic experiments, but civilization had too many pro-naturals and protests against the experiments so most of the projects were scrapped, that's where Rifts Underseas comes in, all the mutants where basically shipped to the floating island. So the K-9 Unit would be feasible, but after the "armageddon" there were no protests and whatnot to stop the creation of mutants.

kevinslkt
Wanderer

Haz-matt wrote:I would use a borg conversion dog. It takes a long time to train a drug/cadaver/bomb/bird dog so putting there brain in a borg body would make sense in a long run. That way a dog could be with a handler all through his career.

You could mostly use one of the already built robot dog bodies with a few modifications.

I think converting the dog into a complete cybernetic organism would probably negatively affect its ability to sense the supernatural.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”