Chaos Earth Mississippi River question

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I lived in Louisville KY on the Ohio river which is a large tributary of the MIssissippi. Our bridges would have been ok for a 100 foot expansion per bank, since most of them are elevated, but i think that is about as far as I would say it would be ok.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Rahmota
Adventurer

Unread post by Rahmota »

Well yeah the bridges might be ok but the roads connected to them might not be. Back in the flood of 97(?) there where many places where route 52 along the river was under at least 3 or so feet of the river. Also the amount of current pushing against the piers of many of the bridges closed them for traffic in cincinnati.
TANSTAAFL!
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

..Don't forget seismic disturbances. Earthquakes are going to be common all throughout the gulf region, not just from basic plate techtonics, but from the return of Atlantis as well.

..Most everything within 3 or 400 miles of the New Madrid Fault is going to feel some serious tremors; that's going to most likely leave every bridge from Cape Girardo to Memphis is ruins...

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”