Chaos Earth - Campaigns and Gameplay.

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Things are a little slow because new releases have been held up. That will hopefully change (dramatically) in the coming months.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I will say, I like Chaos Earth, but I use it mostly as a bridge between my HUII and Rifts' camapigns.
Combining HU and Chaos Earth is a load of fun: lots of hi-tech, a rise of magic (all those super-hero sorcerors getting the big boost as the Ley Lines become visible), and the super-humans (since there were already supposed to be Crazies and Juicers, HU characters weren't too much of a stretch).
The setting is interesting and provides a lot of options for game play.
Adjusting the Megadamage out was also pretty easy.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Astral_Explorer
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Astral_Explorer »

I like Chaos Earth a lot myself.

It has a lot of elements I like. Both the best and worst of humanity coming out. It has the apearance of strange odd things but they could be introduced slow instead of IN YOUR FACE.

The Nema organization and survivors have a reason to work together and more then enough emotional trauma to make Role Play a major focus.

I like very much the diary or journal of Sawyer.

It really adds to the setting.

The creepy thought of walking through cities that were prepaired for the holiday season is spooky too.

Rescue's, transportation, defense, trying to hold society together while the whole world go's mad.

It is a very nice setting.
Proud Member of the Coalition States Postal Service !!!

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

jigahus wrote:NEMA in my mind stands for National Emergency Military Alliance/Association (Depending on which A word you like better).

Except that "National" doesn't work, since it's multi-national.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Thinks could change in 60 to 80 years. You never know. During WWII, I do not think anyone would thought that Japan and Germany would be our allies.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

bankvault wrote:Well since history repeats itself that means we would have to invade Canada and drop two Nuclear bombs on Mexico for NEMA to happen :-P

:roll: Ha ha, very funny. :roll:
stilwell

Unread post by stilwell »

I've only recently started a game with CE. It is also my first stab at any palladium game. I have the HU2 books also but have not played them. My game is 2 sessions old and we've covered about 3 hours of game time. I'm doing kind of like the "24" series for these first few days. My heros have been putting out fires and rescueing people from buildings and cars and other such things... trying to figure out the blue lines and looking for the worst to come. I can't wait, they are so cocky and full of them selves, I mean there are no real threats. I'm about to introduce them to the first demons. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they realize that something in the world can actually hurt them. It's going to be fun.
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

jigahus wrote:
Roken wrote:You have a closed mind, don't you? :nh: :)

No, I didn't like the original full NEMA name and their structure so I renamed it. That is pretty open minded if you ask me. I didn't stick with what was given me, I changed it around to fit my idea of it.

And NEMA is now the US FEMA like branch. While at the same time the US shared their emergency technology and strategies with Canada and Mexico who each has their own emergency agency. That will still preserve the sharing of MDC technology and operating protocols. I call the Canadian Branch the Royal Canadian Rescue Corps (heck you can even change it so that it'll have a cooler acronym), and since I don't know spanish I don't know what I can name the Mexican emergency agency. 8-)

As a resident of the Great White North (Canada), I was a little uncomfortable with the way the NEMA acronym broke-down. Specifically, I couldn't see any Canada or Mexico agreeing to anything with the word 'Eagle' in it. Too american. It seems a little over-the-top even for a purely U.S. outfit.

A couple of other options would be to change the acronym to NAMA - North American Military Alliance, so it sounds a bit more like NATO. But then why would the 3 countries create NAMA, when the they could just expand NATO, and bring Mexico in.

Or NEMA could be a replacement for FEMA. NEMA - National Emergency Management Agency. Wait that one actually exists...

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.a ... ring=exact

How about North American Homeland Disaster Response Agency - NAHDRA.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”