dismembered survivors

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: dismembered survivors

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Beast-Guyver wrote:Ok since I can't see this fitting in anywhere else I'm starting a new thread.

Ok what do people who lose limbs in splicers do, sure if you have super bioregeneration which requires third level and are willing to stay inside your armor untill its compleatly regenerated you can do that, but what about everyone else.

I figure there would be a microbe the genepools could make that take several hours to bond to the human but they have to get the person to the genepool alive after that the GP can keep the person alive after which the microbes bond but as the limbs regrow they look more like host armor then the person and each new wound heals the same way eventually creating a person who can effectivly never take the host armor off because he is the armor.

I figure to balance it out the prosess would be painfull as well as most would be unwilling/unable to diferentiate between one of these people and a biotic and thus people would be unwilling to undergo the prosess rather wishing to die. there could also be a succsess/failure type table of like 40% likly hood of success failure means the paitent dies or worse . . something like bonds with another strand of DNA turning them into a nasty hybred of human and possibly one of the war mounts. . just some thoughts i wanted to through out there.
On this World???

Pfffft.

Just as in the C-States, Tech Cures are abundant, and in Magic-Using Empires/Nations Heal Spells are in abundance, so should it be here: Unless there's a problem with natural resources in your particular area (and there really shouldn't be; when there's only a few hundred thousand Humans on your Earth-sized Planet, there's plenty of Bio-Mass to go around), you can probably walk down to your local Splicers Convienience Store and just 'buy' a new Limb. Eyes and other, vital Organs would 'cost' you a little extra, and there'd probably be a few Background Checks and a 3-day Waiting Period......... :lol:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Beast-Guyver wrote:well if thats the case they wouldnt have mentioned the regrowing limbs in the Host Armor section not to mention you can't just grow an arm and sew it on it has to be genetically compatible and since even in splicers it takes time to grow things a limb and organ mini-mart wouldnt work not to metion its very difficult to store organic matirial keeping it alive and fresh with out it being conected to a life support system.

and BTW do you have any idea how annoying it is to quote an entire message in your posts, its even worse when you're the first one to respond
It was HUMOR, man. HUMOR.

Besides, the Librarians perform Gene Splicing on levels that even Dr. Bradford could only dream of. It should be child's play for the Librairians to take your own DNA and grow a new Appendage or even an Organ.....

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Beast-Guyver wrote:dude the only reason im even remotely upset is you keep quoting entire messages which is extreamly unnessisary so cut it out.

but the librarians or gene pools making limbs or organs still takes time by then the person is either dead or the wound has healed over and even more of the body must be removed inorder to reattach the limb. I dont care how advanced or proficiant they are a cell can only divide so fast and only absorb nurtients to grow so fast.
No, in REALITY, it takes cells a while to be grown to fit an appendage; IRL, in fact, it takes years to grow the necessary body parts; we aren't capable of George Lucas accelerated Cloning yet.

HOWEVER, in GAME terms, the amount of time it takes to grow a completely new limb is strictly up to the Writer's prerogative (or the GM's, for that matter) : it can be days, or weeks, or even hours if the Author so desires.

And as I've pointed out before, any being, entity, or organization who can not only splice together Animal, Humanoid, and Alien DNA, but ALSO make of it [/i]viable, new designs, would find it to be child's play to make limbs and organs. In fact the ONLY limiting Factors would be things like the priorities of your House ("...Do we do anything for the People, or ONLY for our Soldiers?"), current situation ("Normally, this House won't give out replacement Limbs to just anyone, but you're one of our best Fighters"), and so on.

If, as you say, they can impart the Super Bio-regenerative properties into a Suit of Armour, it should be somewhat

easier -and FASTER -to perform the [i]same procedure for those not in a Bio-Armour.....[/i]

Return to “Splicers®”