What should I play?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Rifts.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

(Aside...MMM: :P )

You can always try one of my favourites, a Wilderness Scout. While (s)he would need MDC armour (as does the Burster if you really want to stay alive...after all, you're not going to stop that boom-gun shell coming uprange at you with your piddly fire shield! :lol:). Seriously, they have a crap-load of SDC (if you roll well), great stats, and a wide variety of skills. You are far from useless during combat, and while you can sometimes be a bit "woodsy" for some, you don't have the "us or them" attitude most soldiers (can't help) have.
"Honest sir, it weren't their fault, they wern't born'd bad, it'us the training that made 'em like that..." :lol:

Going into something a bit more "unusual," you can go for one of the NA Aboriginals (esp the tech oriented ones, or a "mystic" one that while he won't 'pollute' himself with high tech, has no trouble being with people that use it - although you are walking a VERY fine line with this guy...)

The way to approach it is, "What flavour character do I want? Plain Vanilla, or Choclolate? Or possibly Rocky Road?" Oh, and as someone said...consult the other players...you may have to sacrifice your ideal character for one you can have fun with that fills a needed niche in the party (like an AD&D cleric! ;)).
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Neo-Human
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

if you want to travel in plain clothes, then you'd better play a dragon or something with a crapload of MDC or you're going to die very quickly. power level or not, playing rifts without armor is just asking to roll up a new character.

also, i dont think elves can be bursters or mind melters. elves are D-Bees. bursters and mind melters are HUMAN mutants.

play a mystic ninja. they're rad.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Welcome the boars.

Looks to me, that you have a good character :ok:.

Starting in South America, aren't you.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Try a N&SS Dedicated Martial Artist with body hardening. I beleive that most of them transfer over to MDC in Rifts. You can wear plain clothes.

Your GM said everywhere ALL Palladium books = Palladium Megaverse :D or a Nightspawn there fun and you don't really have to be a fighter with a Nightspawn.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Just remember, any psychically active race can be a melter.

I do not include dog boys, 'cause they are engineered, and Bradford isn't skilled enough to enable them to be melters / bursters / zappers / etc...
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Borast wrote:Just remember, any psychically active race can be a melter.

I do not include dog boys, 'cause they are engineered, and Bradford isn't skilled enough to enable them to be melters / bursters / zappers / etc...

Not skilled enough? or just too lazy? or maybe producing mind melters in industrial amounts is just regarded a liability, especially if the enhanced psionics should come at the expense of some of the usual and expected dog boy abilities
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard

Return to “Rifts®”