Tattoo Question...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Looking at this realistically why would someone waste the extreme pain and the six months before you can get another tattoo for clothes or some other mundane item that really doesn’t help with survival very much at all?
Now if you were talking about something like a magical cloak of warmth tattoo or musical instruments with magical affects when played then it would make some sense.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Lunarix wrote:some things that are mundane can be suited for survival. it could also be for background. It depends on the aspect of the characters history.

No it depends on the big magical gurus who actually design magic tattoos.
The Splugorth are in the business of creating powerful magic enhanced slave gladiators/warriors. The Atlantians/Chang-Ku are interested in making magic enhanced warriors for fighting their enemies and the undead.
How does the ability to create a pair of boots that are just boots help that?
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Re: Tattoo Question...

Unread post by dark brandon »

Lancer wrote:Ok, I know that magic Tattoos could form weapons and shields out nowhere, as well as animals and monsters.

I like to know if you could have magic tattoos do the following:

clothes tattoo... normal clothes with the same durration of sdc shield.

Mdc clothes tattoo... MDC clothes (or armor) same durration as mdc shield.

coin, token, card tattoo... (just something to think about)

shoes tattoo... (is this getting funny, now)

rope tattoo...

net tattoo...

flute tattoo...

I think you get the idea here, has anybody did those or is it ruled out that only *weapons* could be tattoos...

:D

If I was a big super magical tattoo guru who had slaves...Instrament tattoos would be one of those I would use on my slaves, for entertainment purposes. Clothing...maybe, but only for slaves I concider "above" the rest. Even MDC clothing. Basically, these would be tattoos limited to the more gifted of my slaves.

The skills these slaves would have would reflect that. No combat skills, pretty much domestic heavy skill.

You basically have a whole new OCC here.

No combat skills, none to start, no WP. And tattoos that would reflect what kind of slave they were.

You wouldn't have your entire staff tattooed, but say 1 in every 100 or so are magiced up.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Dr. Doom III wrote:
Lunarix wrote:some things that are mundane can be suited for survival. it could also be for background. It depends on the aspect of the characters history.

No it depends on the big magical gurus who actually design magic tattoos.
The Splugorth are in the business of creating powerful magic enhanced slave gladiators/warriors. The Atlantians/Chang-Ku are interested in making magic enhanced warriors for fighting their enemies and the undead.

Chang-Ku could also make one just for kicks. also, if good, they may make one for a friend. and the splurgorth will custom make you any tatto you want if you pay enough.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Dr. Doom III wrote:No it depends on the big magical gurus who actually design magic tattoos.

Chang-Ku could also make one just for kicks. also, if good, they may make one for a friend. and the splurgorth will custom make you any tatto you want if you pay enough.

Supernatural strength kicks maybe. :)
New Magic Tattoos are not tailored suits that you can just get made for you while you wait. Maybe if you wait a few decades.
-George Orwell
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Dr. Doom III wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Dr. Doom III wrote:No it depends on the big magical gurus who actually design magic tattoos.

Supernatural strength kicks maybe. :)

:lol: good one, and that's not that bad of an idea. . . maybe double strength in your legs and make it supernatural, kick hard and you can leap really, really far.

New Magic Tattoos are not tailored suits that you can just get made for you while you wait. Maybe if you wait a few decades.

like splyncryth would care about a decade or two. and Elves and Atlantians live a long time.

if they're willing and able to dump enough cash on lord splyncryth, he'd do it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

Nekira Sudacne wrote: :lol: good one, and that's not that bad of an idea. . . maybe double strength in your legs and make it supernatural, kick hard and you can leap really, really far.

Tatoo version of the Hulk? :lol:
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

What about other Mundane things? Like a tattoo that says "Trojan" on it? Or "Marlboro Lights"?
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Rayven wrote:What about other Mundane things? Like a tattoo that says "Trojan" on it? Or "Marlboro Lights"?

magic condoms and ever-renewing ciggerets?

interesting game you're playing. . .

Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Rayven wrote:What about other Mundane things? Like a tattoo that says "Trojan" on it? Or "Marlboro Lights"?

magic condoms and ever-renewing ciggerets?

interesting game you're playing. . .

You have a standing invite to my game any time you are in Denver...
listen to Rayven.~Becky

897 Geek points
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Do they come pre wrapped and lit, respectively and definitely not vise versa. :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

Zer0 Kay wrote:

Do they come pre wrapped and lit, respectively and definitely not vise versa. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: If I ever see "Marlboro: For Her Pleasure," I am going to have to give you MAJOR props on that!
listen to Rayven.~Becky

897 Geek points
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Temporalmage wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote: :lol: good one, and that's not that bad of an idea. . . maybe double strength in your legs and make it supernatural, kick hard and you can leap really, really far.

Tatoo version of the Hulk? :lol:

Or the original SuperMan...couldn't fly, but could clear half a mile (or the world's tallest skyscraper in the 30's) in a single bound! :D

As to...Tattoo Condom...
1) Is it in the "obvious place" (Oh, God, just THINKING that hurts! :lol:)
2) You do realise she's going to be REALLY p*ssed when she realises you're just some weenie first level snot when the condom disappears 2-5 minutes after you activate it! :oops:

As to...cig tattoo
1) You'll never die from lung cancer from smoking the damn thing! :D After all, ectopasm may glow, but it don't burn too well! :lol:
2) You can roll on the floor when you hand it over to someone wanting to "take a drag," and can't suck in a single lungful... :lol: He'll turn red and almost die trying to take a puff, and it not working! :twisted:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

Borast wrote:As to...Tattoo Condom...
1) Is it in the "obvious place" (Oh, God, just THINKING that hurts! :lol:)
2) You do realise she's going to be REALLY p*ssed when she realises you're just some weenie first level snot when the condom disappears 2-5 minutes after you activate it! :oops:

Umm...ouch! Anyone ever comes that close to Mr Willie with a needle, they're getting the tattoo gun up the a$$.
listen to Rayven.~Becky

897 Geek points
dark brandon
Knight

Malignor wrote:I like the idea of the new OCCs here...

Tattooed Entertainer OCC
Most tattoos are animals, some weapons to juggle, a musical instrument or two and some power ones for great feats (feats of strength, resisting damage/pain, etc). Skills include acrobatics, juggling, play musical instrument, dancing, etc.

awesome, I'm gonna write this OCC

Tattooed Conjurer OCC
Animals, monsters, weapons and useful knicknacks (ladder, rope & grappling hook, spyglass, pole vault, large empty sack, etc). No power tattoos.

I could see this as a tattoo seller/merchant.

Tattooed Spy OCC
Powers and small animals, with a few light weapons. Some new powers (such as a disguise tattoo) would have to be invented.

Yes...awesome. Ideas for this just flooding.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

DarkBrandon wrote:
Malignor wrote:Tattooed Spy OCC
Powers and small animals, with a few light weapons. Some new powers (such as a disguise tattoo) would have to be invented.

Brandon...if you write this character, you gotta include my tattoo of the word "Trojan" for semi-obvious reasons that I will not post here.
listen to Rayven.~Becky

897 Geek points
dark brandon
Knight

Rayven wrote:
DarkBrandon wrote:
Malignor wrote:Tattooed Spy OCC

Brandon...if you write this character, you gotta include my tattoo of the word "Trojan" for semi-obvious reasons that I will not post here.

Well, maybe. Unfortunatly, I don't think it was very funny. :(
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Lancer wrote:In Spartacus, Tony Curtis plays a slave that plays musical instruments that runs away! His musical instruments knowlage didnt help him... but he was a slave and that was his job.

Its not what helps for survival. These Tattoo men/women are slaves... And sometimes the slave masters might have other needs of these slaves then just fighting to the death. Sure Splynn kind of says that... But its not logicly so... Why invest time (years) for what could be a few rounds in an areana that might ends in death! Why!

These Tattoo men/women occs are really designed for Player's or NPC areana fighters or escape areana fighters, which is all good... but what about someother Tattoo men/women?

Maybe a slave stock in needed for moving bolders and get the job done fast... I could see some tattoo men doing that job.

:D

Why invest Splynn knows how much on tattooed flute players when a slave with a flute will cost a hell of a lot less.
Oh and why invest time (years) for what could be a few rounds in an arena that might end in death? Because the things that buy them like that sort of stuff.
-George Orwell

Return to “Rifts®”