A question on TW

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Soullreaver_quatra

A question on TW

Unread post by Soullreaver_quatra »

Hey hello first off but then to busness

If a TW was to make a TW Machine gun that fired Ballistic Fire bolts and he had a scroll with a 12th level Ballistic Fire Spell would the item fire the spell at first or twelth level?

thanks
The wandering Rpg fanatic
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Re: A question on TW

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

12th
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Aye. 12th level.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Yup...I agree...if he'd managed to kill, er, pay-off a 12th level mage to pen the scroll, the firebolt would do damage as per the 12th level mage.

HOWEVER...ever notice there's always a "but"... :lol:

However, any characteristics the MG might have from other spells would be as per the 1st level TW's casting level. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Soullreaver_quatra

yep

Unread post by Soullreaver_quatra »

Well the ballistic fire was just a "for instance" as an example but anyway

thank
Jason Richards

Janissary wrote:The "level" of a TW item is based of the level of the TW.

I'd run with the vets on this one. Normally Janissary would be correct, but the spell casting is actually at 12th level, so use 12th.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Janissary wrote:The "level" of a TW item is based of the level of the TW.

Does that mean if a 12th level Techno-Wizard got a 1st level Temporal Wizard to cast a temporal spell on the item he was making it would become 12th level somehow?
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Jason Richards

Malignor wrote:Funny... I've never thought of, nor seen, anything about mages teaming up to make a TW item.

Just off the cuff, I'd say it's the lowest level from among the TW creator or the mage casting the spell.

If there are multiple TWs working on one device, the level is dictated by the "team leader's" level. The rest act as assistants. Thus it's advised that the highest level TW be in charge.

The TW section of the RMB contains info on using another mage's spells to enchant a TW item.

For other construction guidelines, particularly on teaming up to build them, I would refer you to Rifter 21 and Shawn's TW creation rules. Older, more basic rules are in Rifter 2, but it doesn't cover multiple mages or TW's working on a device.

Return to “Rifts®”