Great ideas

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Great ideas

Unread post by Jason Richards »

It's funny how while you're on one project you start thinking about others. I've got some great ideas to pitch to Kevin for Chaos Earth sourcebooks.

muahahaha

This random thought brought to you by Jason.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Pitch them to Wayne Smith and the Rifter first. If it's great, then Kev'll get word of it.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Mike Taylor wrote:Pitch them to Wayne Smith and the Rifter first. If it's great, then Kev'll get word of it.

Considering that Jason is writing Rifts World Book: Arzno, he's already got Kev's ear. ;)
Insert 400 character limit here.
Jason Richards

Todd Yoho wrote:
Mike Taylor wrote:Pitch them to Wayne Smith and the Rifter first. If it's great, then Kev'll get word of it.

Considering that Jason is writing Rifts World Book: Arzno, he's already got Kev's ear. ;)

not that he would listen to me.

ummm... back to writing said World Book.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Jason Richards wrote:not that he would listen to me.

ummm... back to writing said World Book.

Maybe, maybe not...but that's not been my experience. :)

Cracks whip! Now back to work, word monkey! Hmmm...maybe I should follow my own advice...
Mike Taylor

*removes foot from mouth* Sorry about that, Jason. I forgot you were working on stuff already. :ugh:
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Mike Taylor wrote:*removes foot from mouth* Sorry about that, Jason. I forgot you were working on stuff already. :ugh:

Cracks whip again Hey! Don't you have some Systems Failure material you should be submitting to the Rifter? Now get yourself back to work! :D
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Now Jason, file your great ideas away, and polish up your current WB!!! Then you can spend all your extra time on CE. I'm wanting to come up with somthing based around these parts. Maybe the rise of Los Alamos from the bones of some wonderful school north of Austin that has to rally support and rebuild the old capital.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Jason Richards

RockJock wrote:Now Jason, file your great ideas away, and polish up your current WB!!! Then you can spend all your extra time on CE. I'm wanting to come up with somthing based around these parts. Maybe the rise of Los Alamos from the bones of some wonderful school north of Austin that has to rally support and rebuild the old capital.

that... now that is a good idea.

Just call it the "Texas Military Academy", as A&M closely guards its trademarks.

Mike Taylor

Todd Yoho wrote:
Mike Taylor wrote:*removes foot from mouth* Sorry about that, Jason. I forgot you were working on stuff already. :ugh:

Cracks whip again Hey! Don't you have some Systems Failure material you should be submitting to the Rifter? Now get yourself back to work! :D

Unfortunately, it needs to be reconstructed somewhat. You may recall that I had to wipe my machine some weeks back. More pressing real life issues have kept me from going back and tweaking it as well.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

We just need a good way to change TAMU, TAMC, or AMC into a name. You know the TAMCO Confederacy or something.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

My submission for Chaos Earth is in. I've already talked to Wayne and I know that he has it and has looked it over. He liked the concept that I proposed, but I haven't heard anything since then. We'll see if he likes the whole thing.

Currently I'm not working on anything. :( I need to get on it.
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
Jason Richards

zor_prime1 wrote:My submission for Chaos Earth is in. I've already talked to Wayne and I know that he has it and has looked it over. He liked the concept that I proposed, but I haven't heard anything since then. We'll see if he likes the whole thing.

Currently I'm not working on anything. :( I need to get on it.

you're too modest, man. we all know it's getting in.

and yes, you do need to get on it. where's Todd with that whip?

Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Jason Richards wrote:where's Todd with that whip?

Crackle-dackle! Hmmm...the whip seems to be in need of repairs. I'm hip deep in finishing the Dinosaur Swamp sourcebook, something horrific for the Halloween Rifter, and a few other projects, otherwise I'd get the whip in for a tune up... :D
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Sounds fun boys, but crack that whip at me, and I'll have the local law on ya afore ya kin re-coil it! ;) :lol:

I also understand...I'm working on some Rifter submissions, and everytime I do some work, something else comes-up. In one case, I started writing up an RCC for Phase World, then I did the stellar system data, then I did the world data, then I did some cultural stuff, then I did some sample techs, then I came-up with an entirely new line of technology that'll require an article of it's own... >sigh<

Plus this all started when I sat down to write-up a set of sentient power armour for submission.

Plus I have a Chaos Earth/Rifts submission, plus I have a Starbase that rivals the Tokyo megaplex for complexity I'm writing (primarily for personal use) up, plus I have a major merc company on wormwood that someone encouraged me to write-up...sigh.

Annoying thing is, I'm not a writer, I'm a reader with too much imagination! :lol:

Maybe one of these days I'll learn how to say no to something other than teh scheduling department at work! :?
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

Borast,
It sounds like you've got the opposite problem as me. You've got too many ideas and I've got barely enough. I'm good at building ideas and detailing them, but the inspiration is sometimes hard to come by. Other times it just hits me. (I even had one nightmare end up as inspiration for an article that I've recently submitted.)

I'm still gathering ideas for one project, but it seems to be like it's going to be very large once written out. I don't want to end up writing a book that I'm not contracted for... Maybe I can break it into separate articles for the Rifter...

What I would do with all of those ideas that you've got would be have a brainstorming session with each and take very detailed notes of the session. Write ideas and a good explanation behind the thought, even if they seem that they won't work or won't fit. Save those brainstorming notes and set them aside. Keep them handy so you can add to them as you come up with new stuff. But once those ideas are out of your head to refer to later, concentrate on your current project. Use the inspiration and excitement that you have for the current one to finish it. Finish it as best as you can.

Once you finish it, let it set for a while. Let it age. Start developing your next favorite or logical article. Work that to the end.

Then, when you're done with the second article (which will mean that some time has past) go and re-read the first article. Go at it from a fresh perspective, not remembering everything about it. Rediscover it, edit it, polish it, and/ or add to it. Then read it again. Once you're satisfied, submit it.

After that start developing the third brainchild using the notes that have been written out. Once done, do the same with the second article as you did with the first, revisit it.

The reason that I'm recommending to let your articles "age" for a little bit (a few weeks to a month or two) is because I've read my past published articles and I've been impressed at some places that I did well but dissappointed at others that I could have written better, or even missed.

I don't have a whip to crack. I'll leave that to Todd.

But good luck!
:D
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Heh...I am doing that right now...

The power armour I haven't even done more than look at the disc it's on in over a month (well, I had to pop it into the computer, after all, I don't have the three discs labelled :lol:).

I'm going to probably send it in before year's end. The person I have shown it to (Basemonger) reviewed it and didn't have any criticism or suggestions, so I hope it's almost perfectly polished. All I have to do is add some "puff" to the description. :D

I've also shown him parts of my Campus one (a Chaos Earth/Rifts city), and he's shown me his version of the same city. :lol: Despite what he's shown me, I'm probably going to leave mine alone. I like the idea of a devestated down town core where some buildings are razed, and some are still standing after almost 300 years of neglect!

The one creative writing course I did take back as an after-school kinda thing never prepared me for this! :ugh: >sigh!<

To top it all off, I'm writing a "mega" adventure for PFRPG that could cause problems in an on-going campaign world... :oops:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”