Yet another Robotech X Rifts Xover Q&A

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What catagory is the Best upgrade from?

Technology
47%
Magic (Enchantment, Talisman, Circles etc.)
16%
Techno Wizard (Seperate from Magic because it could be an actuall component)
21%
Biological (Either pilot or machine)
16%

Total votes: 19

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Yet another Robotech X Rifts Xover Q&A

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

OK maybe not... What would be the best upgrades from Rifts (remember that includes ALL Palladium books. Remember they can be Technology, Magic, Techno Wizard or Biologicaly based.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

AlexanderDeath wrote:okay - this applies to Robotech, how? This seems more like a direct RIFTs question, then having anything to do with RT really

And I also assume you mean this question is directed as upgrades to Mecha

Robotech Rifts Crossovers applies to Robotech as much as Rifts. Maybe at the end of "End of the Circle" when the Regis and Haydon become godlike beings it's because they were sleeping oldones? Anyways this has as much to do with Robotech as Macross/II/Plus/7 does.

I guess they could be modifications to the pilot also.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Yet another Robotech X Rifts Xover Q&A

Zerebus wrote:I don't fully follow the question. Do you want to know what the best methods of bringing Robotech mecha up to speed in Rifts are?

If your talking story line no. I'm just asking for opinions. Such as what tech/mystic/tw/bio upgrades do you like?
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

I suppose the most popular answer is gonna be Techno-Wizardry. However, since most pilots arn't magically enhanced that may not be the "best."

Genetic enhancments are great for the pilot. I imagine a combination of the right bio-wizardry componants on a Biorod clone pilot would make a Bioroid down right scary!

I gotta say there are some tech enhancments that may be the best for mecha (the most obvious is more MDC), but I think Phase World would have better tech than Rifts earth. Also, Robotechnology might be considered a jump in Tech for most kingdoms on Rifts Earth. I mean if protoculture could be duplicated by the Northern Gun, CS, NGR, or Free Quebec (a Protoculture powered Glitter Boy!), that would forever change tech on ifts Earth...

... did I even come close to answering your question?
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hystrix wrote:I gotta say there are some tech enhancments that may be the best for mecha (the most obvious is more MDC), but I think Phase World would have better tech than Rifts earth. Also, Robotechnology might be considered a jump in Tech for most kingdoms on Rifts Earth. I mean if protoculture could be duplicated by the Northern Gun, CS, NGR, or Free Quebec (a Protoculture powered Glitter Boy!), that would forever change tech on ifts Earth...

... did I even come close to answering your question?

Not really but it's interesting. I was looking more for what mods you'd do. Now the TW stuff I'd still be able to use because Protoculture in my game is also a PPE battery.

Actually if you think about it the RT VFs may be TW in nature. Protoculture power is produced by putting a seed of the Flower of Life (which is a portion of a greater being) under extreme pressure. Just like in rifts durring torture and at the moment of death the PPE is doubled. So maybe Protoculture is PPE from the seed? Hmm, new idea I'll have to right that down now.

Protoculture Glitterboy wouldn't make it any better. It would be more responsive when it's moving. But no matter what the powersourse the GB still has to brace to fire.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Zer0 Kay wrote:Not really but it's interesting. I was looking more for what mods you'd do. Now the TW stuff I'd still be able to use because Protoculture in my game is also a PPE battery.

Actually if you think about it the RT VFs may be TW in nature. Protoculture power is produced by putting a seed of the Flower of Life (which is a portion of a greater being) under extreme pressure. Just like in rifts durring torture and at the moment of death the PPE is doubled. So maybe Protoculture is PPE from the seed? Hmm, new idea I'll have to right that down now.

:shock: I don't even know where to go with this one!

Protoculture Glitterboy wouldn't make it any better. It would be more responsive when it's moving.

Isn't this better?!? :-?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Major Fury wrote:You're forgetting modified Glitterboys that don't use the "Boomgun" and therefore don't have to brace themselves and can fire on the run. One of those "powered" with protoculture would be any mecha pilot's worst nightmare come to life.

True that. Hmm got to make a GB killer weapon. One that is either kinetic, particle, or plasma in nature.

The shot from a M.A.C. II is what size? If it strikes a GB even if it's anchored. According to damage it won't kill the GB but shouldn't it knock it down even rip it out of the ground?
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Major Fury wrote:There's always syncro cannons, lol. Couldn't resist. :lol:

A Glitter Boy armed with a Syncro Cannon? :shock: it's a munchkins wet dream... :lol:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Major Fury wrote:
Hystrix wrote:
Major Fury wrote:There's always syncro cannons, lol. Couldn't resist. :lol:

A Glitter Boy armed with a Syncro Cannon? :shock: it's a munchkins wet dream... :lol:

:eek: I think he was talking about a weapon to kill a protoculture powered GB, but yeah that would be a munchy's wet dream. :lol:

OK that is getting way too damn funny. So where does this micronized Syncro Cannon come from? Naruni after they steal one from the SDF-3 Crash site in Oregon?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Micronized Syncro Cannon mk-2(joke weapon not to be taken seriously):

Size: about the size of Glitterboy "Boomgun"

Primary Purpose: Kick serious @ss

Secondary Purpose: Write your name on the moon.

Range: Limited only by curvature of the Earth

Damage: 1d10x100

Rate of Fire: 1

Payload: 1 (throw away weapon, 1 shot totaly fries weapons electronics, arm of firer, as well as 90 percent of body...that's right only the boots are left)

Cost: Too much for anyone to afford!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Isn't that damage rather low for a synchrocannon?
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jefffar wrote:Isn't that damage rather low for a synchrocannon?

Your right how about
Micronized Syncro Cannon mk-2(joke weapon not to be taken seriously):

Size: about the size of Glitterboy "Boomgun"

Primary Purpose: Kick serious @ss

Secondary Purpose: Write your name on the moon.

Range: Limited only by curvature of the Earth

Damage: 1d10x100GD (look it up in Rifter 9 1/2)

Rate of Fire: 1

Payload: 1 (throw away weapon, 1 shot totaly fries weapons electronics, arm of firer, as well as 90 percent of body...that's right only the boots are left)

Cost: Too much for anyone to afford!
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Much better
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Major Fury wrote:
LMAO, that makes my version seem almost usable. :lol:

Almost? Your little model is a punny Girly version of my big muscular one ya. What do you think Fanz?
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

ahem not meaning to knock anything but isn't the damage of a synchro cannon: destroys everything in line of fire?
Since it is a micronized version of the reflex cannon of the SDF-1/3
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Hmm interesting

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”