Trying to find a skill

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Borast
Champion

Trying to find a skill

Unread post by Borast »

Hey folks...

I found this once, and can't seem to find it again.

The skill is "Administration," and I have it as a secondary skill of a (former) Noble character. He used it to help him administer his estates before he entered the Church (L&D). Can anyone come up with where I can (again) find it, or; failing that, the base and bonus per level percentages? (Book title would be preferable.)

Thanks
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

Never heard of that one.

It is a bit vague in the name department, maybe "Land holdings management" or similar.
if it is not in a book it sounds like one of the better Home made skills I've come accross.

and the percentage, go the standard, 30% + 5% / Level
Munchkin Cat Minion
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The closest thing I can think of that would mimmike an Admid skill would be the busness & finance skill found in the HU2 book.

Other wise I would have the "admid' skill be IQx2+5% per level (any bonuses do not applying to the skill.)
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Re: Trying to find a skill

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

Borast wrote:Hey folks...

I found this once, and can't seem to find it again.

The skill is "Administration," and I have it as a secondary skill of a (former) Noble character. He used it to help him administer his estates before he entered the Church (L&D). Can anyone come up with where I can (again) find it, or; failing that, the base and bonus per level percentages? (Book title would be preferable.)

Thanks

How long ago did you play this character?
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I guess i'll take Basemonger's word on it being real, and i have seen it on a website skill list (which was probably a copyright violation) that listed it at 30+5...

I was going to suggest Business & Finance (HU2 page 59) or Leadership (Mutants in Avalon, page 10) depending on what you wanted the focus to be (management of resources or people).
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

The Nightbane Hobbes wrote:
Basemonger wrote:Borast, I saw that skill kicking around in one of the books... It's like other skills which has disapeared over the ages...like the'RPG' skill, or the haggeling skill. where the heck did they go?

Are you refering to the RPG design skill in N&SS?

Eric put that in as a joke..

yep, but it's one of the most talked over jokes in the story of PB :D :-D ;-)
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Basemonger wrote:Borast, I saw that skill kicking around in one of the books... It's like other skills which has disapeared over the ages...like the'RPG' skill, or the haggeling skill. where the heck did they go?

the RPG skill is still in the NSS revised book and the haggling is in Yin-Soth with the convertion to PF2 in R24.
Borast
Champion

Re: Trying to find a skill

Unread post by Borast »

Rpgpunk wrote:How long ago did you play this character?

Currently...it's one of my two active characters in the F2F game Basemonger is running.
Fnord

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

The spell is actually listed in one of the PF books - i just can't remember which one. I believe it is also listed in one of the Rifts Books (yes, I know there is over 30 RIFTS books).
Fnord

Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

RPGMAN wrote:I'd give odds it was a skill in PFRPG first edition, I've got a Titan with skills from that publishing period that also no longer exist, and I seem to recall seeing that one in their too. My GM had to figure out alternatives for them for the character. So, try finding a copy of the oldie but goodie (hey, you can also find Fleet Feet in there too - GREAT SPELL - all my Juicers just *love* it to death, hee hee hee.....).

I just checked my copy of the PFRPG 1st ed, didn't see it in there, in either the skills section or the Noble OCC section.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

Borast wrote:The spell is actually listed in one of the PF books - i just can't remember which one.

High Seas 2nd ed
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”