Barn stormer looking for aircraft sugestions

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Since the barnstormer is more of a dare-devil type of personality, start with some skyboards from the Siege on Tolkeen series, then branch out to a repaired CS sky-bike, then some pre-Rifts vehicles retrofitted to MDC.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

SHARKEY0818 wrote:Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any listings for converting or creating your own aircraft for rifts?

Closest thing I can think of in Rifts is Golden Age Weaponsmiths in Rifts Mercenaries, who manufacture MDC-converted Pre-Rifts aircraft (only generic statistics are given, not specific models). Coalition Navy also has some converted 20th-century US military aircraft. Various other Rifts books have "modern" (i.e., Rifts-era) aircraft, including the aforementiond Mercenaries. Other than that you'll have to look to non-Rifts sources. Ninjas & Superspies, Heroes Unlimited, and TMNT Guide to the Universe have rules for creating vehicles, and prefab aircraft can be found in several issues of the Rifter and on various websites.
Last edited by Tinker Dragoon on Sun May 09, 2004 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

When I think of barnstorming, I think of someone who takes passengers along for 'joy rides' (similar to the helicopter rides you see at the beach or other tourist destinations). If your barnstormer wanted to go this route then I would suggest a vehicle that can accommodate a passenger. Now that can run the entire gamut from MattBaby's MDC biplane to a TW battle barge to a Naruni Boomerang.

Personally, I'm sort of surprised that you don't hear merc groups getting a bit of cred in their down periods by taking civvies on joy rides more often. It may not be serious cred, but as long as you can lock out the passenger's controls it should be a bit of easy money.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Squishie wrote:Heh, no way, I was going to suggest a kingisher, I didn't recall seeing it on the site, but that was like a month ago and my memory isn't that good.

Damn all this and now I want to do a TW, what book is the Barnstormer in? And how can TW's be made good? (I think the numbers are way screwy for TW's even based only on the main book.)

The Barnstormer is in Rifter #5, along with aviator classes for several palladium games and optional air combat rules. The Techno-Wizard is perfectly fine the way it is, but there are some alternate TW OCCs in Rifter #2.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Slag
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Slag »

Want some aircraft ideas? Read my Mad Dog Squadron stories! (Shameless plug, I know! :P ) TW Aviators flying modified old WWII aircraft. Follow the link in me sig!
Fickt nicht mit der Raketemensch!

"I respect you. And unlike love, respect can't be bought" - Homer Simpson.

Return to “Rifts®”