The Spell Familiar Link

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

The Spell Familiar Link

Unread post by darthauthor »

The Spell Familiar Link from Rifts Ultimate Edition Page 217.

Question #1:
So what happens if the animal dies of old age?

Question #2:
IF the animal births another is the link passed to the offspring?

Question #3:
Just to be sure, "Can a Link be formed with a Horse?"

Question #4:
Can a link be made with a dinosaur or furry bettle?

Question #5:
Do the senses or sensory ability work like the caster can use the animals sense from their own body like the nose of the wolf spell?

I keep imagining having a Dog and learning about people from the dogs powers of smell or their ability to hear in higher ranges of sound.
In the greatest of circumstances I imagine a blind person using a "seeing" eye dog.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: The Spell Familiar Link

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Q1 die of old age? it is generally considered to live as long as the magic user.
But as per the text nothing happens except that the magic user looses their friend.
I would say they the magic user can't use the spell to attach to an other famillar for the same 1.5 years.

Q2: nope

Q3: nope, not the one in the canon text. Though if modified via the spell creation and modifications rules in NB:TtGD or in PF2:MoM1, to link to larger creatures/heavier creatures, then a magic user can use that spell to link to a horse.
Note: the ones in the NB:TtGD book look like they are formulated for a modern setting, and the ones in the PF2:MoM1 book look like they are formulated for a fantasy setting. This can be something an NPC mage has developed and taught to the PC....or somehow from a scroll.

Q4: same answer as Q3.

Q5: The point of perspective for the Familiar's senses are from the perspective of the Familiar. They are not 'powers' that transfer over to the magic user.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”