Deaden Senses

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Deaden Senses

Unread post by darthauthor »

The psionic power "Deaden Senses"

If it fails, because the target makes their saving throw, does the target know they have been "attacked" or are they still unaware and the psychic can "attack" the target again with "Deaden Senses" for another 4 I.S.P.?

IF they succeed on the "Deaden Senses" attack can the psychic attack them with "Deaden Senses" again to stack the penalities? Or would it just restart the duration?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Deaden Senses

Unread post by eliakon »

I would say that you can't stack penalties unless they say they stack.

There is no canon statements either way on if you detect psionic attacks but given that you have to suspect you are being probed telepathically and not warned... I would imagine there is no warning per se.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I agree with the above, but it is also worth considering HOW the Psychic would know if a victim of their (generic) psionic attack made a save or not.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The mind blind has no way of knowing anything about psychic powers are being used except how they interact with the physical world.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Also remember the attacking psionic doesn't know if you failed the save either.
unless the power offers direct evidence... you have to take it on faith.
This applies to spells, gas attacks, etc
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”