Techno-Form Power from Powers Unlimited 3

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Garath27
D-Bee

Techno-Form Power from Powers Unlimited 3

Unread post by Garath27 »

I am playing a character with the Techno-Form power, but we are finding the description of it a bit ambiguous in regards to vehicles. Mostly along the lines of how they are able to move considering most of them required gasoline or diesel.

What I am wondering is: has there been an update to the power published by Palladium the makes the power clearer?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Techno-Form Power from Powers Unlimited 3

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I don't know of any updates, sorry. I'd argue that since the power allows for the generation of ammunition, and doesn't make mention of needing to be hooked up to a source of electricity when turned into industrial equipment, that fuel is handwaved. I could see an argument for, like with the ammo, causing hit point damage for some certain distance traveled or when travelling above a certain speed.
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ITWastrel »

Since the text doesn't mention fuel, assume they don't require it to operate, and there are no penalties for not having gas.

I assume the character is like a transformer, looks like a truck, but has a robot under the hood.

That said, there are massive character opportunities here.

Your toon eats (absorbs) metal in technoform, why not wash it down with a diesel chaser? I wouldn't make it required, but everyone has to eat, and stopping for a petrol lunch sounds like good roleplay.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

If it is not part of the power, gas is not needed. But as always, check with your GM.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”