Super powered Operator

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lao Tzume
Explorer

Super powered Operator

Unread post by Lao Tzume »

So I'm playing around with an idea for a super powered Operator. What super powers from any of the Heroes Unlimited books pair well with that OCC?

I've got the obvious like Mechano-Link (or is that redundant?) and Extraordinary IQ.

Anything I'm not thinking of that would pair nicely with this OCC?

Your input is greatly appreciated!
Nightmartree
Adventurer
Comment: I don't know what i'm doing, that's for realities GM to figure out

Re: Super powered Operator

Unread post by Nightmartree »

there are speed tasking, and a few other powers from Powers Unlimited books you definitely wanna look at. I think you end up with something like 8 times fast building and creation? because you barely sleep and are doing 4 times the work of a normal man. Of course that was with a full super character focused on tech creation

Some things to look at

Bookworm- 1/2 construction time if you have instructions on a book and can read any written manual (as long as its a book)
Heightended Recall- Build things you've only seen once from memory if you roll well
Multi-tasking- Do two things at once
Sleeplessness- 48 hours awake 3 asleep
Speed Tasking- do anything in half the time while half focused on it (Can eat and talk and read a book as you tweak that jet engine)
Healing Factor- Never fatigue, so you have all of that 48 hours of sleeplessness in peak condition
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Depending on what your campaign power level is (and "adding Superpowers to S&A" seems to indicate 'higher than normal'), consider adding a power that turns you into an MDC being.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Nightmartree wrote:there are speed tasking, and a few other powers from Powers Unlimited books you definitely wanna look at. I think you end up with something like 8 times fast building and creation? because you barely sleep and are doing 4 times the work of a normal man. Of course that was with a full super character focused on tech creation

Some things to look at

Bookworm- 1/2 construction time if you have instructions on a book and can read any written manual (as long as its a book)
Heightended Recall- Build things you've only seen once from memory if you roll well
Multi-tasking- Do two things at once
Sleeplessness- 48 hours awake 3 asleep
Speed Tasking- do anything in half the time while half focused on it (Can eat and talk and read a book as you tweak that jet engine)
Healing Factor- Never fatigue, so you have all of that 48 hours of sleeplessness in peak condition

This is what I was looking for! See, I wouldn't have thought of these items.

Do you feel Mechanolink is redundant at all with an Operator OCC?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Honestly easiest way to give "super powers" to the operator is give them access to more of the technical interacting psychic powers. Kind of like a souped up hybrid of operator and psi mechanic and or the anti robot OCC from NG1.
Nightmartree
Adventurer

Lao Tzume wrote:Do you feel Mechanolink is redundant at all with an Operator OCC?

If I remember right its basically a shortcut, instead of taking time and effort to learn about a machine you touch it and its all there, combine this with heightened recall and you can potentially build any machine you touch as long as you have the materials. Also you may wanna look at machine merge, multiple selves, maybe techno form?

machine merge improves skills while merged with machine, multiple selves always lends a helping hand to crafting, and techno form...well the power as listed says "transforms into a machine" and then goes on to make you a transformer with vehicle forms, if you ignore the bias and just use the machine part...imagine if you were your own parts mill or computer. Its not 100% canon but if you can convince you GM I think its closer to what the power is stated as.

I should probably mention I've only looked at the old operator, haven't got the RUE yet (I will...someday)
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Nightmartree wrote:
Lao Tzume wrote:Do you feel Mechanolink is redundant at all with an Operator OCC?

If I remember right its basically a shortcut, instead of taking time and effort to learn about a machine you touch it and its all there, combine this with heightened recall and you can potentially build any machine you touch as long as you have the materials. Also you may wanna look at machine merge, multiple selves, maybe techno form?

machine merge improves skills while merged with machine, multiple selves always lends a helping hand to crafting, and techno form...well the power as listed says "transforms into a machine" and then goes on to make you a transformer with vehicle forms, if you ignore the bias and just use the machine part...imagine if you were your own parts mill or computer. Its not 100% canon but if you can convince you GM I think its closer to what the power is stated as.

I should probably mention I've only looked at the old operator, haven't got the RUE yet (I will...someday)

Perfect dude. Thank you for the input!
Nightmartree
Adventurer

Lao Tzume wrote:Perfect dude. Thank you for the input!

No problem, there is probably some other things you can use that are more off the wall. Like a plasma or electric APS character using themselves as a generator, or a water/wind one even. Or that power that allows you to absorb materials and use them for strength and health would be quite handy with vehicle scrap laying around, and a nifty way to carry tools/gear places you aren't supposed to. These would give you a bit more survivability if your going high end campaign while still being a tech guy.

and alright APS Metal or Stone along with healing factor, you power your robot by pedal and superhuman strength and never get tired, since your an operator this works better than the normal solution (build a tank, cut out a hole in the bottom and have the Supernatural strength character with sonic speed run while carrying it)
VooDu
Explorer

Unread post by VooDu »

Lots of things that could be interesting used in the right combo/idea like:

Supervisons
Heightened senses (touch, hearing, recall, etc.)
Adhesion
XPP
Living anatomy
Dimensional pocket (ultimate tool belt)
Alter limbs
Anatomical independence
Shrinking
Speed Tasking
Conduct electricity

And a whole host of others instead of the go to Mechano-Link.
Nightmartree
Adventurer

VooDu wrote:Lots of things that could be interesting used in the right combo/idea like:

Swarm self, Speed tasking, superhuman strength, healing factor, sleeplessness

a bunch of small super strong sleepless hard working little people

now if only they did shoes...
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

VooDu wrote:Lots of things that could be interesting used in the right combo/idea like:

Anatomical independence

"Left my eye watching the automated lathe over in the shop, gotta check in on it....okay, a few more minutes on the job. By the way, seen my hand yet? It should be back from the storeroom with the bag of screws we need for this."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nightmartree
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:

Anatomical independence

"Left my eye watching the automated lathe over in the shop, gotta check in on it....okay, a few more minutes on the job. By the way, seen my hand yet? It should be back from the storeroom with the bag of screws we need for this."

"Oh and my left leg is giving the boot to that lazy janitor you hired"
taalismn
Priest

Nightmartree wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Anatomical independence

"Oh and my left leg is giving the boot to that lazy janitor you hired"

"The problem is, my parts decided to unionize...and what they formed doesn't look or act a thing like me!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nightmartree
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:"The problem is, my parts decided to unionize...and what they formed doesn't look or act a thing like me!!!"

...this needs to happen to an Alien Intelligence...and the parts be a Party of Adventurers with no idea they are actually parts of Gzzayargoth the Tizzaragt

Pronounced (G-zay-ar-goth the Tiz-zara-g-t)
Last edited by Nightmartree on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Nightmartree wrote:
taalismn wrote:"The problem is, my parts decided to unionize...and what they formed doesn't look or act a thing like me!!!"

...this needs to happen to an Alien Intelligence...and the parts be a Party of Adventurers with no idea they are actually parts of Gzzayargoth the Tizzaragt

"Wait....what part of the overall thing am -I-?"
"We think either an externalized spleen or an auxiliary nostril."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nightmartree
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:
Nightmartree wrote:

"Wait....what part of the overall thing am -I-?"
"We think either an externalized spleen or an auxiliary nostril."

"MWHAHAHAHA once we bring you all together and perform the sacred ritual our lord will be resurrected! and you will assume your rightful place as his left nose tentacle!"

on a more serious note I actually am writing this up (minus the specific body parts) and planning on running my group through it...I was just gonna do it as soul fragments but now I wondering if having them be actual parts of it physically morphed would be more interesting...like Osiris has power in different parts of his body...
taalismn
Priest

Glad to have inspired.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nightmartree
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:Glad to have inspired.

Thanks, now we just need to make all of these alien intelligence fragments operators with different focuses so that it fits the thread, hijack over *waves* sorry folks
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Nightmartree wrote:

You're thinking of the Tele-mechanics psi-power. Mechano-Link doesn't do that. While it gives you the ability to completely dominate the software for a computer/robot/etc and the ability to just ignore control codes and rewrite the code as you wish it doesn't give you schematics or the other things Tele-mechanics does. It mainly gives you bonuses to your tech skills and piloting skills and some exceptional skill in general with using a machine, building and repairing and the like the only benefit is what it grants to your training in things like electrical engineering, mechanical engineering. etc.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nightmartree
Adventurer

Nightmask wrote:You're thinking of the Tele-mechanics psi-power. Mechano-Link doesn't do that. While it gives you the ability to completely dominate the software for a computer/robot/etc and the ability to just ignore control codes and rewrite the code as you wish it doesn't give you schematics or the other things Tele-mechanics does. It mainly gives you bonuses to your tech skills and piloting skills and some exceptional skill in general with using a machine, building and repairing and the like the only benefit is what it grants to your training in things like electrical engineering, mechanical engineering. etc.

so it makes the operator not just machine savvy but computer savvy. And yep i'd believe I mixed it up with the psi power. Well at least they would be able to use anything they make with it (this is actually a concern, making the megadeath robot of doom means you still need a pilot)

Return to “Rifts®”