Rifts Info on Faerie

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Rifts Info on Faerie

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I believe the Palladium Fantasy Monsters and Animals has a more sizable entry on them, but there's little indication there that they're considered extradimensional.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I consider them to be magical creatures that are drawn to strong sources of P.P.E. I am not aware of any canon indication that they have a homeworld, and I prefer to play their culture as a shared racial memory. That allows them to share a universal language and to have consistent behavioral patterns regardless of where they are encountered throughout the Megaverse.
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

If I remember correctly there's some info in the England book for them but it's just how they are and live in that setting rather than where they came from.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

jimflory wrote:I was wondering if any World Books or Rifters have any specific information about the Palladium Megaverse's version of Faeries OTHER than just the 'monster' entries.
Like home dimension, culture, etc?
Thanks!

In the Rifts books the book with the most info on the Fairy Folk is the Rifts Conversion Book 1 (RCB1 & RCB1r), there are some unique fairy folk that are just in the rifts world books.

Outside the Rifts books PF: Monsters and Animals and the Land of the Damed books.

The Rifter fanzine does have one or two unique fairy folk with in their pages.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

OTOH, and Drew alluded to this... if you want to write a Rifter article, that would be one to look at.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

jimflory wrote:How active is Rifter publishing these days? I stopped reading at issue 40 something I believe.

Same as before, about. Four issues per year just like they said when they started them. Sometime a week or so late.
The last issue was 70, but the next is going to be a double issue 71 &72 combined.

Most of the articles are well written, even if not all of them interested me.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

jimflory wrote:Interesting. For years, I fell under the false assumption that, because I hadn't played Rifts for a very, very long time, that it had ceased to be as popular to the global gaming community.
I have since been corrected :D

mostly its just gotten more insular. game stores stopped stocking Palladium's stuff as much when the D20OGL generated so much stuff that competed with shelf space, and then PDF's and online stores started seeing the end of a lot of physical gaming stores. meant that finding the books for it takes a bit more deliberate effort. particularly since PB only recently recognized the advantages of having PDF's of its products it can sell, which kept their online sales at a lesser level than some other companies.

the online community for gaming too has made finding PB games trickier. a lot of the major gaming forums, groups, and sites (that aren't game specific) have a sizable population of trolls who dis any game that isn't their own favorites, and PB is one of the games that often gets used by them as a whipping boy, because PB's general trend of not following the trends used by games like D&D (like constant new editions with massive changes, for example) and PB's somewhat idiosyncratic settings and rules.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Best rift sources of this are I believe conversion book one/rifts england for most forms of fae and mystic russia has a lot of forrest spirits that work well to bulk out the fae folk.

Return to “Rifts®”