Rifter 30 automatic criticak strike on 18+

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ragancy
Newb

Rifter 30 automatic criticak strike on 18+

Unread post by ragancy »

Hi, i know this has been asked in like 2009 but im just starting a new campaing and i was wondering if anyone knows now in 2015 whats the diference between the 2 specialization skills in page 23-24 of rifter 30:

weapon specialization : critical strike on a natural 18 or higher (this one i understand)

weapon mastery: automatic critical strike on a natural 18 or higher (do not understand, please explain and if u can give me a reference in a book. Some people talk about the tripple damage in ninja super spies but theres no "automatic critical strike on a 18+" anywhere in that book)

thx and sorry about the bad english.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Rifter 30 automatic criticak strike on 18+

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

My 1st thought was that the numbers of the WM was changed from a lower number by the editor.

But maybe/perhaps the writer meant the WS numbers to be a declared intent to crit strike, while the WM numbers to be it automatically happens like with KO's numbers of Boxing.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

It's just the wording. Both should be automatically taken into account when a player rolls 18+ on their strike roll with the selected weapon. Be sure that your GM has approved the use of these skills. Rifter material is, with rare exception, entirely optional.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Bill wrote:It's just the wording. Both should be automatically taken into account when a player rolls 18+ on their strike roll with the selected weapon. Be sure that your GM has approved the use of these skills. Rifter material is, with rare exception, entirely optional.

Seconded. It looks like someone added in the word "automatically" when it wasn't needed.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”