What would be the COOLEST way for Karl Prosek to die?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

What would be the COOLEST way for Karl Prosek to die?

Unread post by GenThunderfist »

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was talking with a friend and we came to the topic of Karl Prosek dying, and I realized, I have no clue what the most interesting canon way for him to die or pass away would be. So let's pose the question to all of you. As a note, I am not wondering WHY or IF Karl should be killed or pass away, and I also don't care how you would decide to desecrate the remains. I get it, some people hate the CS, other's hate Tolkein, keep it out of here. Please. I am only asking for the most interesting/cinematic/COOLEST way for the Great Emperor Prosek to die. Keep it canon. :P

Happy Gaming,

Gen. Thunderfist
Shoot or Die, it's the name of the game.

Oh kids these days, with their texting and murder...
Giant2005
Knight

Re: What would be the COOLEST way for Karl Prosek to die?

Unread post by Giant2005 »

The coolest way for him to die is obviously by freezing to death.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Strapping himself to an ICBM, with a laser pistol in each hand, and being launched at the Duluth Hive, going down shooting.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

The CS versus FoM war rages on. Most of the CS War Machine is deployed at the frontlines. The end is near. In a bold move, and with a little help from Lord Splynncryth, Lord Dunscon spearheads a surprise suicide attack against Chi-Town with all the remaining FoM forces!. The idea is to kill them all and die in the carnage! Chi-Town defend forces are in a very disadvantaged position because they need to protect the civilian population. Despite advises to evacuate, Karl Prosek decides to lead the counterattack to expel the FoM from his beloved city. Piloting a Super SAMAS, he engages the core of the invading army. The sight of the Emperor fighting at the front rises the morale of the CS defenders. The FoM is finished but Lord Dunscon and his elite bodyguards, engage the Emperor, blowing his SAMAS out of the sky before themselves are blown to pieces! The final words from Karl are: Is the city safe? The answer from another SAMAS pilot is: Yes, Sir, thanks to you. Then, anwsers Karl: Long live the Coalition!.
Last edited by ffranceschi on Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Giant2005 wrote:The coolest way for him to die is obviously by freezing to death.

:ok:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Riding a nuclear bomb, waving a hat, Dr. Strangelove style (Slim Pickens was the actor playing Major Kong who was the character who was the one "Riding the Bomb" as seen here in this iconic scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlSQAZEp3PA)
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

flooper assassins with poisoned cream pies to the face!
Snow Hawk
Explorer

Unread post by Snow Hawk »

The best canon way I can think of would be to have him assassinated in a plot orchestrated by his son Joseph who would then lead the CS in a Caligula type fashion.
nilgravity
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by nilgravity »

In another game I had a character that could transform into a giant blob. So I assassinated a foriegn leader by coming up the sewers and nabbing him from below when he was taking a dump.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

He gives the command for the execution for yet another innocent D-bee only for it to trigger a ghost army of all those slain due to his direction rising up and ripping him and his entire entourage to pieces and drag him off to eternal punishment for his evil.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

After decades of successful plans and schemes, video evidence of him verbally sparring with, and then coldbloodedly murdering, a captive old woman (Guess who?) is broadcast revealing his true nature. His elegantly manufactured dystopia crumbles as the masses (including the more decent minded soldiers of his own military forces) rebel.

He puts a pre-rifts antique pistol to his head...
(fade to black)
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Victim of the spell "Death of 1000 cuts" from DB:12 Dimensional Outbreak
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

I see old Karl becoming something along the line of Torquemada
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Rappanui wrote:Alien Zygote chest burster..
Or Him turning into a Riathenor Dagote.

Suborned by a Riathenor, I like that quite a bit.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Heroically Cool (Martyrdom) Death: Hands wrapped around the throat of the demon lord that's appeared atop Chi-Town to cow the human cattle below with the death of their 'mighty emperor'.

Poetically Cool(Stupid) Death: Accidentally shoots himself fatally in the head playing around with the laser pistol he took from a soldier during a heavily televised public relations inspection of the troops
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

falling into a gigantic plot hole and dying as he impacts the 4th wall in spite of the physics-defying powers of his body armor.

failing that... i guess i'd go with finding out what the doctor over in lone star is doing, trying to remove him from the picture without anyone else realizing just how much stuff has been allowed to happen in the lone star facility because of his ignorance... and then he gets killed by his own bodyguard of dog boys who turn out to have had an unfortunate genetic defect that can be triggered to cause them to go berzerk.

but i still prefer the plot hole version.
taalismn
Priest

Shark_Force wrote:falling into a gigantic plot hole and dying as he impacts the 4th wall in spite of the physics-defying powers of his body armor.

but i still prefer the plot hole version.

His character shield tips over and crushes him.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Killed by a clone designed by desmond bradford to be loyal to him, no one will be wiser for a while, but his son will know something is wrong.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
taalismn
Priest

Chronicle wrote:Killed by a clone designed by desmond bradford to be loyal to him, no one will be wiser for a while, but his son will know something is wrong.

Killed BY his son, mistaking him for a clone created by Dr. Desmond Bradford. :P

What worse epitaph can you have on your tombstone than 'Oops'?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Slips in the shower and breaks his neck. They attempt to put him in a full conversion borg body, but when he wakes up as a FCB, his fragile diabolic mind snaps and he goes on a murderous rampage until they finally put him down with lethal force.

Somehow they spin the whole series of events to be Lazlo's fault and the CS peasants are told he died a heroic death saving his loved ones from magical assassins.

--flatline
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

The enemies of the coalition swarm chi-town getting into the lower level and finally break down the door of the throne to find Karl with a death switch connected to alpha-omega bomb, as he starts laughing in a way that would freak out the joker and he pushes the button, taking the entire planet with him
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:The enemies of the coalition swarm chi-town getting into the lower level and finally break down the door of the throne to find Karl with a death switch connected to alpha-omega bomb, as he starts laughing in a way that would freak out the joker and he pushes the button, taking the entire planet with him

.....only to find it's a movie prop(really, how are you going to TEST an ultimate doomsday weapon?)
(Looking at the mob who have broken down the door and realized they're still breathing) "Heeh-heeehh....oops?" :oops:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

taalismn wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:The enemies of the coalition swarm chi-town getting into the lower level and finally break down the door of the throne to find Karl with a death switch connected to alpha-omega bomb, as he starts laughing in a way that would freak out the joker and he pushes the button, taking the entire planet with him

.....only to find it's a movie prop(really, how are you going to TEST an ultimate doomsday weapon?)
(Looking at the mob who have broken down the door and realized they're still breathing) "Heeh-heeehh....oops?" :oops:

As they look down and see their courage on the floor , and karl is a cardboard cutout of some random ,its Tromm who has design this scheme, for the beginning and come to find out he is a nightlord after all and the coalition soldier are his minions in disguise as the invaders are slaughtered

taalismn
Priest

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:[
As they look down and see their courage on the floor , and karl is a cardboard cutout of some random ,its Tromm who has design this scheme, for the beginning and come to find out he is a nightlord after all and the coalition soldier are his minions in disguise as the invaders are slaughtered

Killed by your mirror-image as you're admiring your Imperial self. Yeah, that would suck.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Killed by a massive swarm of Xicitix -along with General Jericho Holmes, coincidentally by his side -who are still angry over the way the authors of the Siege On Tolkeen series ret-conned their behaviors so as to conveniently let Holmes and his men survive right in the middle of the Hivelands while surrounded by millions of them.

(On a slightly related side-note, look at the blurb under my pic. :D )
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
taalismn
Priest

cornholioprime wrote:Killed by a massive swarm of Xicitix -along with General Jericho Holmes, coincidentally by his side -who are still angry over the way the authors of the Siege On Tolkeen series ret-conned their behaviors so as to conveniently let Holmes and his men survive right in the middle of the Hivelands while surrounded by millions of them.

"I thought you said those things were tame, General!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

cornholioprime wrote:Killed by a massive swarm of Xicitix -along with General Jericho Holmes, coincidentally by his side -who are still angry over the way the authors of the Siege On Tolkeen series ret-conned their behaviors so as to conveniently let Holmes and his men survive right in the middle of the Hivelands while surrounded by millions of them.

the ret-con doesn't bother me quite as much as the fact that even without being murdered by the xiticix, his entire army should have consisted of raving lunatics by the time they got out without stopping for any reason (sleep? who needs that!) while watching their friends occasionally get picked off and dragged away while they were under orders to not do anything about it whatsoever and somehow, not a single soldier snapped to the point where they decided to just start shooting.

which isn't to say that i think it made sense for the xiticix to suddenly be okay with the massive amount of prey/predator walking through their territory, mind you. i just find that part to be almost comparatively reasonable.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

heart attack after the video of that night with the two hot elvish mages is accidentally loaded onto a live feed to the coalition broadcast networks..
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

1) Euthanasia after being transformed into a supernatural creature by weird alien radiation.

2) His heart grows three sizes... ...then realizes where it is and runs off in the middle of the night.
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Those Hades demons that infect others with a plague that turns them into a demon - seeing him turn into the thing he hates most would be fitting, before being vaped by his own son... :)
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Mutated candiru swimming "up the stream".
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Heartbreak.

His son is DIABOLICAL. Karl may be evil, but he has a code of honor, and has many redemptive qualities. His son doesn't.

Joseph's complete lack of scruples lead to acts of increasing depravity, which force an all-out confrontation with his father. Karl is forced to make the choice between his son and his country. He chooses country. Joseph dies. Karl, overcome with grief and regret, sinks deep into depression, and his heart gives out.

Cue a massive political upheaval.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Cyber-Knight
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cyber-Knight »

Wearing a ripped t-shirt while bare-knuckle boxing with a T-Rex in the 'Burbs before killing the T-Rex, which then promptly falls over and crushes him.
MIAMI, FL: Player Looking For a Game.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Someone uses the Demon Skin spell on him and he is torn apart by Dogboys.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

tinkering with a nuke and it goes off taking him and his heirs apparent with him.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

Ectoplasmic Bidet wrote:Mutated candiru swimming "up the stream".

Owwwwwww......just owwwwwwww........ :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Godlessdingo wrote:...Prosek-bot self-destruct complete _[/i]

when your robot sends you a message telling you it has completed self-destructing, you know it was lying :P
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Th Emperor gets rifted to the far future of Rifts Earth, and sees what's gone on in the past few hundred years. He attempts to put a stop to the "New World" and is institutionalized for his efforts... He dies in an insane asylum. No one believing him; sort of like what happened with Victor Laszlo!!

:)
taalismn
Priest

Kovoston wrote:Th Emperor gets rifted to the far future of Rifts Earth, and sees what's gone on in the past few hundred years. He attempts to put a stop to the "New World" and is institutionalized for his efforts... He dies in an insane asylum. No one believing him; sort of like what happened with Victor Laszlo!!

:)

Gets rifted to the PAST and, despite trying to tell everybody what's coming, is dismissed as a crank. Furthermore, because he really doesn't know much specific technology, he can't establish himself as an inventor, introducing future technology to get rich. His efforts to establish a political power base go badly wrong without d-bees as blame as the enemy, and even the militia movement dismisses him as a 'nutcase', and the Southern Poverty Law Center doesn't even list him. Eventually he winds up forced to take odd jobs working the counter of various convenience stores until he gets held up and shot to death by a skinhead.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

He winds up in the burbs without his security detatchment, and gets organlegged.
taalismn
Priest

Beaten to death by Mrs. Prosek after she catches him in bed with a Dog Boy.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Cyber-Knight
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cyber-Knight »

So Karl like it doggy style, literally?
MIAMI, FL: Player Looking For a Game.
taalismn
Priest

Cyber-Knight wrote:So Karl like it doggy style, literally?

Well, sending him to sleep in the dog house didn't seem punishment enough, so Mrs. Prosek had to make do with bludgeoning him with his 'Tyrant of the Year' trophy.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

For Karl Prosek to die Politically:
-Karl (and key advisers) bad mouthing the populace after a broadcast when they thought they where off the air. And I mean really bad mouthing the populace (and we see politicians saying stupid things all the time and not recovering...)
-How about taking off his disguise (shape-shifting, make-up whatever) and revealing his true form...

For him to die literally:
-Out in public and struck by a meteorite. (such a freak occurrence it has to be cool by it's very nature)
-captured and experimented on by Lord of the Deep/Atlantis/Gene Splicers...
-Godzilla Attack
taalismn
Priest

-Heart attack upon learning that Joseph Junior's knowingly marrying a d-bee woman.
"You! Meat-head!*GASP*-croak-"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kogwar
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Alea iacta est." The die is cast.

Unread post by kogwar »

While i do like the Fom assault one i think him fighting with Joseph to prove weither he is ready to the lead and just before his death he tells his son not to make the same mistakes he has then fade to black.
“Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Working on: New West Rifter submission

Campaigns:
The Sons Of DustWater campaign
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

A sad accident with a "wand" at Vlad's Happy Fun House.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
taalismn
Priest

kogwar wrote:While i do like the Fom assault one i think him fighting with Joseph to prove weither he is ready to the lead and just before his death he tells his son not to make the same mistakes he has then fade to black.

"*GASP*...clean out...the fridge...regularly...and don't...*ghgggk*...eat anything...#hfffkkk# too...old!...*death rattle*"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kogwar
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: "Alea iacta est." The die is cast.

Unread post by kogwar »

taalismn wrote:
kogwar wrote:While i do like the Fom assault one i think him fighting with Joseph to prove weither he is ready to the lead and just before his death he tells his son not to make the same mistakes he has then fade to black.

"*GASP*...clean out...the fridge...regularly...and don't...*ghgggk*...eat anything...#hfffkkk# too...old!...*death rattle*"

BEST DEATH EVER!!!!!
“Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Working on: New West Rifter submission

Campaigns:
The Sons Of DustWater campaign
taalismn
Priest

kogwar wrote:
taalismn wrote:

BEST DEATH EVER!!!!!

"We're not sure if it was tuna fish or bad cheese fondue that did your father in...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”