Will you ever release this series again?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Re: Will you ever release this series again?

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

I highly doubt we'll see any AtB supplements let alone TMNT.

The RPG was out before the movies...it wasn't that it failed, it was just that Palladium didn't have the advertising power that the big guns at the time had. D&D reigned supreme then, after that I think the big sellers at the time were products like the original Twilight 2000, Battletech, and Traveler. But back then, the term role-playing game was pretty much synonymous with D&D.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
DeadTOm
D-Bee
Location: Missoula, MT USA - That place that's really far from everything.

Re: Will you ever release this series again?

Unread post by DeadTOm »

I recently dug my TMNT/AtB books out of storage because I think it'll be a great way to introduce my kids to RPG gaming. TMNT was the first RPG I ever played, I bought it when I was eleven years old and those same books I bought from a little hobby shop on the west end of town are the books my kids are clamoring to read right now. I found good, used copies of many of these books amazon for around $5 - $10. I'm getting them so my kids can have their own copies and possibly introduce their friends to it.

When I hit my mid teenage years I graduated to Rifts and Heroes Unlimited and that's when the TMNT books got put into storage. I expect it'll be that same type of progression with my kids and just about anyone else that plays it.

It's been a real trip flipping through those pages, seeing all that old artwork and my own little notes scribbled into the pages. I have a lot of great memories associated with those games and I think it would be great to see more of them come out, or perhaps a revision or re-release, but I don't see it happening. I just don't see enough demand for it.
Playing RPGs since 1989. Starting with TMNTOS. Love the Palladium system.

Look for me on Roll20.net

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”