Vampires VS Murder-Wraith

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

How Many Vampires Could a Titan Murder-Wraith Take Down?

7%
7%
No votes
13%
33%
7%
No votes
8+
33%
None
No votes

Total votes: 15

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Vampires VS Murder-Wraith

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

How many secondary Vampires (5th level Average) could a Titan Murder-Wraith (5th level and Average stats) defeat in an all out beat down fight??

Note- HP/SDC average bonus: 1300 for the Titan

--------------------------------------

:demon: Evil verse Evil :demon:
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Re: Vampires VS Murder-Wraith

Unread post by csbioborg »

more than 8 I will tell you that assuming they don't turn into fog and run like anybody sensible
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

does the murder-wraith have access to a bunch of pointy sticks? because if so, you're basically going to see a lot of one-shot "kills" for the wraith, unless of course the wraith isn't immune to vampire hypnotism (i kinda figured they would be, but it's been quite a while since i looked at them - honestly, a simple helmet with a built-in HUD that runs from a camera should technically make them immune anyways, though.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Panomas wrote:Wild-Secondary-Master?

Secondary Vampires
Daeroos
D-Bee

Unread post by Daeroos »

The murder wraith would be a killing machine in most respects. Keep all juicer abilities, get an additional +2 to save vs psionics/magic (so would be difficult to control by the vampires), would get about as many attacks as 2 of the vampires (and with stakes that could be dangerous), auto-dodge vs attacks. Says normally Vampires don't wear armor/use technology where Juicers do. MW regenerates faster than vampires and has more hp. Just so many advantages going in the MW favor.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

I said 5 vampire's due to his more HP's autododge and faster regeneration . However .. even the MW would fall to too many Vampires . And I put that number at 6 or more vampire's against a single MW .. And that is only if the 5 vamp's do not all attack in unison .. if only they attack 1 at a time. otherwise it may be a different outccome .
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

I'll run a mock up battle later today and tell Everyone the out come :)
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

my main thing is that it's basically going to be very one-sided fights. basically, you'll either have the titan juicer murder wraith curb stomp all the vampires, or they manage to hypnotise him and it's over. of course, if murder-wraiths have any reliable defense against the hypnotic gaze (like, say, mind block), that's pretty much going to end it for the vampires.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Astral Pantheon wrote:I'll run a mock up battle later today and tell Everyone the out come :)

The Mock Battle, beat down without powers, the Titan was able to take 7 but in 8 on one (and multiple natural 20) the mw Titan fall after killing 6 :evil:
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

A horde of vampires should be able to use swarming tactics and simply overwhelm the Murder Wraith, even if he has a higher PS. He may kill one or two, but that's about it.

Especially with secondary vamps. Wild vamps might be dumb enough to lose, but secondary vamps will use their intelligence.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Mack wrote:A horde of vampires should be able to use swarming tactics and simply overwhelm the Murder Wraith, even if he has a higher PS. He may kill one or two, but that's about it.

Especially with secondary vamps. Wild vamps might be dumb enough to lose, but secondary vamps will use their intelligence.

That is true, but this was a blow for blow example. If you bring swarming into the example then hypnotism would come in then the wraith would get to use Anti-vampire tactics...this could become a big pot of what ifs.....

Return to “Rifts®”