After the Bomb - Play By Post Starting - Adventure in N'Yak

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

G
Adventurer

After the Bomb - Play By Post Starting - Adventure in N'Yak

Unread post by G »

The President of Cardania's plane has gone down over N'Yak. Our mission is to rescue her.

<insert music from the A-Team>

Mechanurgist is our GM. Our ATB PBP Game is located here:
http://forums.nexusnine.net/ikonboard.cgi?act=SF;f=50

We have two PCs:
Captain Snips the Snapping turtle commando.
Kai the Ferret techie/weaponsmith.

We are looking for about two more PCs: we could use a party face, full fledged doctor, and whatever roles you think we are missing. I posted a draft pleasure bunny to cover those two roles on our message board.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
G
Adventurer

Re: After the Bomb - Play By Post Starting - Adventure in N'Yak

Unread post by G »

BTW, I'm playing the turtle.

We've had one application, a skunk healer & possibly the party face.

Kai will be happy, as he keeps getting stuck with needles & tazed. Keeping our ferret alive may require a full time physician :lol:

If your looking for other suggestions, we are playing a game with radiation, so perhaps the pig that is immune to it.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
G
Adventurer

Character ideas...

Unread post by G »

More suggestions, should it trigger anyone's imagination enough that they want to play:

How about a normal animal (no/few human traits) with loads of psi powers? Taking a disadvantage or two to get you loads of bio-e for even more psi powers (should you not have enough).

...a size level 1 flying pig..that would give you 60 bio-e for psi powers.
...a SL3 or so bear (think control bears=10bio-e).
...a wolf would be good too (New kennel=lots of wolves/dogs to control). Although perhaps a human would work better...
...a size level 1 mutant human with no (all) could have 110bioe for powers and able to control all dogs & horses for 10bio-e. I wonder what this would look like with a high PB...
...a small Dolphin. Psychic walk means you are a flying fish! With psi powers (like psychic invisibility?!)

I suppose the biggest problem to going small is the penalty to IQ. So you are not very smart, but you get psychic powers - an interesting combination!
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

We are up to 4 Players. A 5th would be fine, the last two haven't started playing yet, so having 3 start at the same time would make it easy. We have:

"Kai" dirty fighting techie Ferret (Border area background, weapon smith apprentice)
"Captain Snips" no-tech Carnadian commando Turtle (Feral background)
"Sasha Westerson" beautiful female skunk. (Villager background, healer apprenticeship)
"Hogan" Hog with radiation immunity (Freed slave)

What don't we have:
-No real face person (the skunk has a high PB, but it takes more than that to make a face - it takes lots of related skills & hopefully telepathic listening plus hypnotic suggestion).
-No master psionic: Ie. someone with offensive psi powers like bio manip paralysis - although I've emailed our recent pig to con him into loading up on psi powers...but I failed in my attempt to get a flying pig, so I doubt I will succeed.
-no scout - I'm not sure we need one, splitting from the group is often a poor choice, my turtle can do it if necessary...I have a prowl skill at 45% (so I'm more likely to fail than succeed) and every form of movement available in the game. I don't think anyone should bother prowling in ATB2, you are in a world of animals where most have advanced senses or detection abilities.
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

Looking at my post, it looks more clear to me that we need a face person...unless you see something else we are missing that you want to play. I may be too close to the trees to see the forest.

It is possible I made a good sales pitch with the bio manip paralysis to the Hog...
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Sorry, G, you failed again! no bio-manipulation: paralysis for my pig character, I'm afraid!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

I won't quit my job and get one in sales...

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”