Top Spies - How many can you remember?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tearstone
Adventurer

Top Spies - How many can you remember?

Unread post by Tearstone »

Alright, so, I got to looking at the Burn Notice thread, and I realized that Michael Weston is one of my favorite spies, but then there are others that are on that list too, so I figured "Oh hell, why not?" Let's see how many good/great spies we can compile into a list.

I'll lead off with:
Michael Weston
Jason Bourne/David Webb
Harry Renquist/Tasker
James Bond
Indiana Jones (sort of)

If I quote you, you will get spell-checked.
Mantisking
Hero

Re: Top Spies - How many can you remember?

Unread post by Mantisking »

George Smiley
Sidney Reilly
Tara Chace
John Clark
Illya Kuryakin
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Unread post by Desert Rat »

Romulus and Remus
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

FaerieKnight wrote:On a side note, I wouldn't classify James Bond as a top spy. He's flashy, always tells the bad guy exactly who he is, and is always found out. Yes, he's good. And yes he does pull off his missions despite all his incompetence at actual spycraft. My question though is... what mission is he being sent as the decoy for? Because it's quite clear Bond is a decoy style spy. He's the obvious spy you send in so the real job can be done easier.

One game ad spelled out my problem with James Bond's spy skills. "Nine out of ten people recognize him. Eight out of the nine through a gun scope."

How can you say he's a top spy in that case? Every criminal knows him on sight. Even when he goes under cover, he never tries to hide his identity. He'll use a fake name, but no disguise. By comparison the MI team get in and get the job done without revealing their presence.

True, he's not a spy. In the movies he's more like an Agent Provocateur, you send him in to kick over the anthill and see what happens. In the books he's a pitbull on a leash.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I also like the past James Bonds,he face some good villains.

I love his fights against the masterminds top Minion like Jaws.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”