For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rabbi the Mage
D-Bee

Re: Thanks: 2010 Open House

Unread post by Rabbi the Mage »

Ditto.

It was a great weekend. I got to play (most of) the games I wanted too [why only one pure Nightbane game].

Friday
First up was BTS - I've always been a fan of the game (BTS1 was the first Palladium game I bought way back in the dim mists of 1991). Good to finally be able to play it rather than run it.

Followed that with Irvin's own space opera setting - with added character picture. Another good one.

Kevin's PFRPG on Friday night was a blast (just ignore that gnome riding off with the paladin's horse - he doesn't actually need it :D).

Finally for Friday was Scott's board game - unsure at first ('cos I got stiched up by my one opponent who took the Shifter, CS Soldier and Glitter Boy - I was somewhat out-gunned). Now a big fan of the game [waves hands mystically - "publish the game....publish the game....publish the game..."].

Saturday
The Chaos Earth game on Saturday wasn't originally on my list - but it was great fun (does mean I've had to acquire the rules for it though).

Julias's Rifts game in the afternoon was amusing - and the first chance to play a Crazy since I last played one in 1990. I like being mentally unbalanced.

The auction was, well, a tad expensive - though not as much as some others. Maybe I went in a big high and fast for the hoodie (but I wanted it and I got it :-) ). Getting Eric's copy of Rifts UE was excellent too.

Final game for Saturday was Lloyd's Dead Reign game [...brains...] A first chance to play it and much amusement was had by all. OK, so you should't stand and fight with zombies, but muzzle-to-meat combat is just so satisfying.

Sunday
I opted for the Megaversal game "Rising of XY" - and got to play a Nightbane. Learnt a useful lesson - when going into supernatural combat, the Facade is not the best choice of body. Survived that (minor miscalculation of forgetting to warn the other PCs of what I was - HF save fails can be entertaining, if somewhat inconvenient). Helped defeat XY, saved the Megaverse and generally succeeded.

Nice meal and chat in the evening with various international representatives - but glad I decided not to join the final game running in the hotel (at breakfast I asked one of the players when it finished - he said 20 minutes ago, and that was at 7am).

Monday
One of the lucky pair that volunteered to help clean up afterwards (you never forget how to mop floors after working in McD's). Still it filled the hours before my flight home, and gave me the time to collect a number of books missing from my collection. Not that I got them all - shipping home would have been just a bit too much.

And in conclusion - Roll on PBOH 2012.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Rabbi the Mage wrote:It was a great weekend. I got to play (most of) the games I wanted too [why only one pure Nightbane game].

You know, there were no less than five or six people that sought me out about playing in one of my Nightbane games but didn't get to. I want to take this chance to apologize to those people. There were actually 3 straight Nightbane games that ran that weekend (though one was a last minute change from my HU2 adventure). In 2012 I'll plan on running AT LEAST two scheduled Nightbane games and maybe one or two back at the hotel after hours. If you remind me ahead of time, I'll even try to make sure you have a place at one.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Rabbi the Mage wrote:Finally for Friday was Scott's board game - unsure at first ('cos I got stiched up by my one opponent who took the Shifter, CS Soldier and Glitter Boy - I was somewhat out-gunned). Now a big fan of the game [waves hands mystically - "publish the game....publish the game....publish the game..."].

Yeah, sorry about that first massacre... the CS Soldier was a prototype/last-minute edition to what I took up, and it wasn't supposed to be in any games with first-time players. You did pick things up quickly after that, though, and you gave me some great ideas as well. Thanks for the good mention above.

Now, can you teach me your "Publish this" spell? I want to wave my hands at both Kevin for the board game and Wayne for a couple of Rifter articles I've sent in.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.

Return to “Palladium Open House”