Robotech Cannon or Macross Cannon?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Robotech Cannon or Macross Cannon?

Unread post by jaymz »

Ninjapuppy wrote:How closely do GMs follow Robotech Cannon? or do You fire your Macross cannon and blow it all to bits?

Depends on if I want to play Robotech or Macross. If I am playing a Macross campaign then I'll use Macross Canon, if it's Robotech then I'll use Robotech canon. Unless of course you want to talk about he projet I just started based on a another thread that will link mechanoids, manhunter, robotech and macross altogether into one big canonical mess :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*Watches the blender be set to 'mashup' *
Ow, that's gonna leave a mark :D
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

DhAkael wrote:*Watches the blender be set to 'mashup' *

Fold, Spindle, Mutilate, and Puree works just fine with me when it comes to mixing the two up...

Any purist wants to complain, they're free to stick their hand in the blender and pull their stuff out...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

taalismn wrote:

Fold, Spindle, Mutilate, and Puree works just fine with me when it comes to mixing the two up...

Any purist wants to complain, they're free to stick their hand in the blender and pull their stuff out...

heh the purist is going to reach into the puree..... :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
taalismn
Priest

But will they get their hand back out, is the question?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

taalismn wrote:But will they get their hand back out, is the question?

Well they will..........the REAL question is will it be a hand anymore? :P

\m/
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

jaymz wrote:
taalismn wrote:

heh the purist is going to reach into the puree..... :D

Reminds me of the Youtube post called "Does it Blend". Iphones do, grapes, cubit zirconia, disposable lighters, etc...
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

Well, there's always possible Zentraedi units that, for one reason or other, couldn't answer Dolza's call to the Earth meatgrinder, and in the decades since that fateful day, they've had to adapt and adjust to their circumstances...then along comes a group of people who look like Tirolians, fighting the Zents' known enemies....Shape-prejudice being what it is, who do you think they side with?

You can also throw in Macross 3's Marduk as a rogue Zentraedi faction, of Zentraedi who have been taken over by some alien group, or are even the elusive Disciples of Zor, come for revenge against the 'inheritors' of the old Tirolian Empire....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

taalismn wrote:Well, there's always possible Zentraedi units that, for one reason or other, couldn't answer Dolza's call to the Earth meatgrinder, and in the decades since that fateful day, they've had to adapt and adjust to their circumstances...then along comes a group of people who look like Tirolians, fighting the Zents' known enemies....Shape-prejudice being what it is, who do you think they side with?

You can also throw in Macross 3's Marduk as a rogue Zentraedi faction, of Zentraedi who have been taken over by some alien group, or are even the elusive Disciples of Zor, come for revenge against the 'inheritors' of the old Tirolian Empire....

Wait Macross 3? I thought it was 2? Or did I miss a stage somewhere? :D I usually keep the two series separate, Robotech is Robotech and Macross is Macross, I try to align the videos with the story line in the RPG books but in some cases that's nearly impossible as what's mentioned in the anime is, at times re-interpreted or ditched entirely for the RPG (at least as far as Robotech is concerned). So quite often I find myself tearing it up and going my own route.
When I use Macross II RPG books things go much easier as the info is much more consistent and flows better, no mystic mumbo jumbo about the Flower of Life to confuse things.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
jaymz wrote:
Ninjapuppy wrote:How closely do GMs follow Robotech Cannon? or do You fire your Macross cannon and blow it all to bits?

Depends on if I want to play Robotech or Macross. If I am playing a Macross campaign then I'll use Macross Canon, if it's Robotech then I'll use Robotech canon. Unless of course you want to talk about he projet I just started based on a another thread that will link mechanoids, manhunter, robotech and macross altogether into one big canonical mess :D

If you haven't seen it before, I've done this on my Amalgaverse website. It's Robotech, Macross II, Manhunter, Mutants in Orbit with a dash of Phase World.

The Super-Nexus
Just slip down to the Amalgaverse link.

Just as a disclaimer: The Amalgaverse has no connection, at all, with the Robotech work I'm doing with Kevin on the new books.

Yeah I;ve seen it and it's nice work....mine is more of a millenia spanning mashed together using all of the above I stated as one coherent timeline....

\m/
taalismn
Priest

Send your players on trips through ALL of the above multi-verses...for real evil, capitalize on the similraities so they don't immediately know that they're in a new world line and not simply in another part of the same continiuum...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

^^That's just WRONG! :lol:
They can't see me...Right!?
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Heeheehee... A trip through all the universes. That could be fun :)
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
taalismn
Priest

Then, for fun, start throwing in weird stuff...
Like Minmei as a vampire...
Khyron as a a flamboyantly gay galactic pirate....
The Masters(as radical social reformers) actually HELPING the Invid against the Haydonites...."Hey, we're here to gift you with a clean, environmentally safe, renewable, power source, and welcome you into a greater galactic community...Our Zentraedi social workers will be along to help rebuild your infrastructure! Oh, and there's a bunch of creepy guys in red robes who go around blowing up societies that use this miraculous power source, but don't mind them..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

I have completely re-written the RT universe timeline. I have no care to relive the same story my players have played since 1989. We now play in a universe where the roll of bad guys are altered so the players get to learn something new each time we play.

Insert RT in blender, add 1 750ml bottle of favorite alcohol, 2 cups of ultra-violence, 20+ years of technological advance, 1 book of Ninjas & Superspies, almost 30 years of GI Joe vs. Cobra, set to blend for 30 seconds; when finished, pour into several tall glasses and serve. I'm thinking about posting some soon about this world, we'll see.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
taalismn
Priest

Beatmeclever wrote:I have completely re-written the RT universe timeline. I have no care to relive the same story my players have played since 1989. We now play in a universe where the roll of bad guys are altered so the players get to learn something new each time we play.

Insert RT in blender, add 1 750ml bottle of favorite alcohol, 2 cups of ultra-violence, 20+ years of technological advance, 1 book of Ninjas & Superspies, almost 30 years of GI Joe vs. Cobra, set to blend for 30 seconds; when finished, pour into several tall glasses and serve. I'm thinking about posting some soon about this world, we'll see.

Sounds tasty...though for me, make that TWO 750ml bottles and some pixie dust...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Gryphon wrote:Where are you going to get ground up pixies...oh, wait, I get it now!

Set out fly strips, bait with Disney merchandise.... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

taalismn wrote:Then, for fun, start throwing in weird stuff...
Like Minmei as a vampire...
Khyron as a a flamboyantly gay galactic pirate....
The Masters(as radical social reformers) actually HELPING the Invid against the Haydonites...."Hey, we're here to gift you with a clean, environmentally safe, renewable, power source, and welcome you into a greater galactic community...Our Zentraedi social workers will be along to help rebuild your infrastructure! Oh, and there's a bunch of creepy guys in red robes who go around blowing up societies that use this miraculous power source, but don't mind them..."

Taalismn - did you hack my notes again? :lol: Great stuff as always from you.

Beatmeclever - I agree with everything but the GIJoe statement scares me. Major crashes and people taking hits then shrugging it off just bothers me. Wasn't there a rule here called the GIJoe rule that is also KC signature?

I don't run my games within the television show. The television show may be background, but the players story/game is completely based on other occurrences happening. The possibilities are much less limited than keeping in the structure of a show. I've run dimension hopping Robotech games also.
taalismn
Priest

My players were always lurking around in the background of big events or on the just-out-of-focus sidelines where they could do little contributing things like tripping up enemy reinforcements, foiling flanking attacks that might have changed the course of battle, and doing whatever scutwork they couldn't avoid getting handed(or finally got bored enough to accept...)...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

AuroraKet wrote:Heeheehee... A trip through all the universes. That could be fun :)

taalismn wrote:Send your players on trips through ALL of the above multi-verses...for real evil, capitalize on the similraities so they don't immediately know that they're in a new world line and not simply in another part of the same continiuum...

Done that a few times :D
it's great to see die-hard Robotechers go "whadda ya mean you don't have protoculture? A SOCIETY?! Y'mean the flower of life is just a metaphor? No slugs? OVERtechnology powered by microfusion? MADNESS I Say!!! :badbad: :frust: "

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

Snuffy wrote:Beatmeclever - I agree with everything but the GIJoe statement scares me. Major crashes and people taking hits then shrugging it off just bothers me. Wasn't there a rule here called the GIJoe rule that is also KC signature?
Yeah, I saw that rule. My use of GI Joe is more based around the idea of a world-wide terrorist army trying repeatedly to wrest power away from the UEG (similar to the AUL only more like the comic book Cobra) and being defended against by a specially trained counter-terrorist force that is made up of the best soldiers from all of the militaries of the world.
Also, you have to remember, I said to add in the Ultra-Violence. When bad guys get shot down in my games, there's not too much chance they get to parachute to safety; if you shoot the bad guy well, he's probably dead; and if you get shot, you will be bleeding to death in a gutter somewhere or spending several months recovering in the hospital (and even then, you might have been injured too badly to return to combat duties or even to remain in the service).
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
taalismn
Priest

Beatmeclever wrote:Yeah, I saw that rule. My use of GI Joe is more based around the idea of a world-wide terrorist army trying repeatedly to wrest power away from the UEG (similar to the AUL only more like the comic book Cobra) and being defended against by a specially trained counter-terrorist force that is made up of the best soldiers from all of the militaries of the world.
Also, you have to remember, I said to add in the Ultra-Violence. When bad guys get shot down in my games, there's not too much chance they get to parachute to safety; if you shoot the bad guy well, he's probably dead; and if you get shot, you will be bleeding to death in a gutter somewhere or spending several months recovering in the hospital (and even then, you might have been injured too badly to return to combat duties or even to remain in the service).

Yep....Ultra-Violence kinda precludes the classic G.I. Joe 'Wow, we've just expended ten million dollars worth of ordnance, and nobody got hurt!"
"Well, I did chip my nail..."
"MEDIC!!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

you havent lived untill you go up against an invid Comander that has had ~300 Bio energy points worth of upgrades(mega ultra upgrade on the beam weapons, Ultra upgrade on the missle launcher,Increased MDC, Regeneration super Chamelion skin and tendril injectors.
冠双
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Drakenred®™© wrote:you havent lived untill you go up against an invid Comander that has had ~300 Bio energy points worth of upgrades(mega ultra upgrade on the beam weapons, Ultra upgrade on the missle launcher,Increased MDC, Regeneration super Chamelion skin and tendril injectors.

Wait when did we add Splicers or TMNT to RT? ACK :eek: ook. Sorry my brain just trried to shuit down on me.
My GM & I once did a Splicers to RT, it was fun to see a packmaster and her dogs tear apart an Invid scout :twisted: .
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

spicers, I forgot about TMNT bioe lol

ohhh. . . . (evil)
冠双
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I use RT/MacrossII in Rifts...nuff said.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”