More inspiration

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Midnght
OLD ONE
Comment: I do things you only fantasize about.

More inspiration

Unread post by Midnght »

In this wonderful net world lot of good things come out of it.

I've recently been listening to a wonderful free audio book series.

The Zombie Chronicles
http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-zombie-chronicles-escape
"When an asteroid passes by our planet and leaves a trail of death in its wake, a quarter of the population have become the living dead.

Twenty-five years later the zombies are under the control of the government. Citizens are chosen to participate in Project Mirror, a cloning project in which their "mirrors" are used as food for the undead. When one man discovers that something in his blood is being used to create an army of super-zombies, he decides to help his mirror escape. In doing so he uncovers a secret so guarded that the powers that be will stop at nothing to eliminate him and all those that he loves."

It's pretty entertaining. Starts off like that old zombie classic night of the comet, yet still has a lot more teeth in it at 28 chapters and growing I'm sure you'll find something you like to add in.

Enjoy.

Mid
Wolfen Silver Enclosed

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: More inspiration

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Cool! Sounds like a sight I need to check out. Thank you for sharing the link!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Tricky
Wanderer

Unread post by Tricky »

Another good inspiration is the comic series: "The Walking Dead".

For those of you that don't know, the comic is about the ongoing trials and tribulations of a group of survivors as they attempt to deal with life after the zombpocalypse. The have to scavange for food, find medicine and shelter, and deal with other groups of survivors; some good, some not so good.

All kinds of good themes: How far do you go to survive? What cost safety? Loss of everything you knew, and the finding of a new purpose. And the base nature of humanity.

I know, heavy, eh? And don't let the comic medium fool you: Not to spoil too much for you, but as the series goes on, people do die (and in some cases, come back). If this was a movie series, they'd probably by NC-17. (and actually, there are fans that want it to be a movie or series, btw)

And, you can buy the graphic novels at your local book store (or the new and back issues at your local comic book store), which is always a plus. It might be hard to find the first graphic novel at Barns and noble, but it's out there (or, wikipedia can help....)

So, if you want to get an idea how an 8 year old boy handles living in a world with zombies but without an x-box, pick up "The Walking Dead" today! (and yes, that did come up in a Christmas special, btw)
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Any links? Could you pleaase post a link!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Midnght
OLD ONE
Comment: I do things you only fantasize about.

Unread post by Midnght »

Tricky wrote:Another good inspiration is the comic series: "The Walking Dead".

For those of you that don't know, the comic is about the ongoing trials and tribulations of a group of survivors as they attempt to deal with life after the zombpocalypse. The have to scavange for food, find medicine and shelter, and deal with other groups of survivors; some good, some not so good.

All kinds of good themes: How far do you go to survive? What cost safety? Loss of everything you knew, and the finding of a new purpose. And the base nature of humanity.

I know, heavy, eh? And don't let the comic medium fool you: Not to spoil too much for you, but as the series goes on, people do die (and in some cases, come back). If this was a movie series, they'd probably by NC-17. (and actually, there are fans that want it to be a movie or series, btw)

And, you can buy the graphic novels at your local book store (or the new and back issues at your local comic book store), which is always a plus. It might be hard to find the first graphic novel at Barns and noble, but it's out there (or, wikipedia can help....)

So, if you want to get an idea how an 8 year old boy handles living in a world with zombies but without an x-box, pick up "The Walking Dead" today! (and yes, that did come up in a Christmas special, btw)

Schweet.

You knwo the movie that came out a bit now on DVD Quarantine DVD Site Theatrical Website

That's excellent inspiriation.

I mean I never saw a clear cut indication they turned into zombies but the disease is very close and the ending is just phenominal.

The whole premise and storyline makes for an awesome addition to any campaign.

Especially one that's starting off as the outbreak starts to happen. could create some phenom heros for the rest of the campaign.
Wolfen Silver Enclosed

Tricky
Wanderer

Unread post by Tricky »

silverlb wrote:ZOMBPOCALYPSE!!! I like that! :D

Well, I would never claim to have coined the term, but I like to try and use it; also of note:
Zombiepocalypse

Zompocalypse

Dead of Days (not that good)

Yeah, midnite, Q is a great lil horror movie, taking the 'ground level' view of Diary o the dead and making it a microcosom of fear.
And yeah, the baddies in it are more like the Infected from 28DL then an actual zombie, but it still works. And here's a sample of using the situation from Quarentine to make a DR adventure:
As things are falling apart during the wave, a group of people hole themselves up in a building. Unknow to them, one of their number is a Mock Zombie, and this person feeds on another survivor (maybe they become a Flesh Eater....stalking the dark corners and hidden places). No one suspects that they were turned inside the shelter; after all, none of them has any bites or seems sick. Then victim #2 shows up, and the paranoia cranks up to 11!!! :? !!!!

I know, I'm a :twisted: guy! :bandit:
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Just saw Quarantine on DVD this last weekend. The disease is supposed to be a superfast form of Rabies (which does affect the brain). Come to think of it, in World War Z, the initial outbreaks are mistaken for Rabies too...

But it definitely works for inspiration, if you are playing through the initial outbreak before there is any information available about what's really happening, but you have to be using the slow burn concept - it won't work with a global instantaneous wave type uprising.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!

Return to “Dead Reign™”