The Host and other dimensions

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Judas
Dungeon Crawler
Location: England when summoned otherwise Hell, where I burn well.

The Host and other dimensions

Unread post by Judas »

Hey guys came up with a bit of a "emm...uuuu....arrr" It says in Wormwood that once of the hosts possess a body it is grounded to that dimension and therefore can't leave it otherwise they would die:

Now what if you cast Bottomless pit, Realm of chaos or Void for that matter on them, they would disappear into a Pocket Dimension or in the case of Realms of Chaos The Astral Plane either way would mean they have left there home dimension and thus going by the rules they would be destroyed by the process of leaving there Dimension, now this from what I read is canon.:shock:

Now in our games I ruled they can survive the process of entering a pocket dimension through an invocation spell because otherwise it would be a little silly, imagine it Lord of the Unholy dying in a Bottomless pit, also the fact that Wormwood as a book was brought out many years before Federation of Magic even made an appearance and this is where most of the 'offending' spells are located.

Now I was wondering what everyone else thought about this loop hole or if you have encountered this problem & what your solution is? :?
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
-- Matthew 7:15
"Every girl looks good in the dark."
--Faraday's Law# 99

"A myth can die, but a legend is forever"

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

As that is cheesy I would rule that temporary pocket dimensions do not count.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I have created a Host on my Rifts Earth.
Powers are different, to be sure, and it just got there... so, hopefully my PCs will be able to figure out the clues and deal with it ere it gets out of hand...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Dr. Doom III wrote:As that is cheesy I would rule that temporary pocket dimensions do not count.
Agreed.

For Game balance purposes, TOO easy to kil a Host that way.

But cast a quick Dimensional Rift and manage to push the Host through.......

...and it's "poof!!!" "he's dead, Jim."

or

"Aaargghh!! I'll soon be dead, Jim!!!"
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”