What would you like to see?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

About two months ago, maasenstodt wrote:With a 64 page sourcebook that provided some more O.C.C.'s (the ones I mentioned [basic grunt/freedom fighter and vagabond/Retro-Villager], plus the Engineer and Librarian), more BIO-E options for building characters & armor, more pieces of equipment, perhaps a few more robot types, and some basic plot building nuggets (more cultural and geographical data, for instance), Splicers would rank among Palladium's best titles. I think any other data would be best left to the Rifter. I truly hope that Splicers doesn't catch the Rifts syndrome, resulting in information overload with stacks of books.

I have the same assesment today as I did when I wrote that. I would only add that in a book of that size, roughly half of that should be devoted to the plot building elements. An official errata would be helpful as well.

On the whole, if it looked similar to Rifts SB1 but with expanded setting information in place of a pre-written adventure, I'd probably be pretty happy.

Return to “Splicers®”