Slappy, designers, and character sheet builders.

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Nice idea on the mount customization and I really wouldnt worry overly much about attempted power gaming..... the machine has *all* the advantages and isnt afraid to flaunt them regularly. As overpowering as the biotech may seem, there's only so much available and there really isn't a practical limit to the machine forces.

As for character sheets, I feel your pain but I'm gonna let ya know now, there's no way anyone is going to make a generic character sheet for Splicers, there's just too much info you need that's too different from one OCC ot the next. My scarecrow is a 3 page sheet, archangel is 5 or 6, dreadguard I'm helping the GM with is probably going to be close to 10 before we decide it's ready. I've considered trying to write up a character sheet but every time I do it's just so much information per class to deal with I put it off till later.
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

If I put everything together in one post it would be a 10 foot long message. Here's a list of everything I've done so far. If you can't find anything, let me know (old posts are deleted eventually). You should be able to find all my posts by selecting my profile and then select "view all posts" or something like that.

O.C.C.’s of the Resistance:
Falconer
Deliveryman
Militiaman
Swarm Lord

Waste Crawlers:
Vulture
Mount Rustler
Gene Thieves

War Mounts:
Kraken
Kamikaze Cruise Missile
Tunnel Rat
Abomination
Mantis Support Cannon
Marauder
Black Talon War Hawk
Juggernaut
Skull Cracker

Bio Enhancements and Bio Weapons:
Demon Seed Cannon
Acid Seed Cannon
Eye Spy
Tentacle Bio Enhancements
Impersonation Skin
Clinger Missile
Slinger

Robots:
Sea Snake
Incinerator
Siren

Adventures:
Kraken Adventure Ideas
Deliveryman Adventure Ideas
Sea Snake Adventure Ideas
Waste Crawler Adventure Ideas
Last edited by slappy on Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
demos606
Hero

I'm actually done with dreadguard and archangel stuff for a character sheet package but Im very reluctant to even attempt outrider and packmaster sheets since theres just so much diversity in whats available to either group. Saints, scarecrows and biotics could use the general info sheet Ive worked up easily enough but I want to do a specific benefits sheet for scarecrow and saints and a special bio-e page for biotics though the general one makes a good baseline, I just don't feel like it has enough capacity for a biotic.

My main problem with posting is I refuse to do such design work in ms word and Im running into issues converting from word perfect to pdf or html due to text boxes and "odd" text sizing preferences. Converting to word or open office is probably easy enough though once I find someplace to host the file (board hosting would be idea if palladium was open to such an idea)
demos606
Hero

I've had this up in the other thread addreswsing char sheets for a few days now but havent seen any hits on it so I figure a crosspost can't really hurt.

It's all the basic info, host armor sheet and an archangel sheet.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-splicers
demos606
Hero

Its a Word Perfect document, I *hate* MS Word because it's so flakey for form design of any real complexity. I'm working on conversions to both Word and PDF formats though. It's just such a pain to convert anything with text boxes, its slow going but it'll get done eventually.
demos606
Hero

I'm not using a Mac, I dislike them almost as much as I do Microsoft products, though I do acknowledge their superiority in their intended field of graphic design. I can save from WP to PDF but the formatting of the text boxes goes to ****. I think Im going to create the first page by itself in adobe then import the rest from WP and see how that works.

Return to “Splicers®”