The who?!

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Skiles99
D-Bee

The who?!

Unread post by Skiles99 »

Periodically in reading through various write-ups of deities and whatnot I've come across a mention of someone called 'the Joker of Palladium." At least one listing for him is under Thoth's allies in Dragons and Gods, but I know he've seen him mentioned in other places (in Rifts books I believe). Does anyone know who he is or what book I could read to find any information on him?
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Re: The who?!

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Skiles99 wrote:Periodically in reading through various write-ups of deities and whatnot I've come across a mention of someone called 'the Joker of Palladium." At least one listing for him is under Thoth's allies in Dragons and Gods, but I know he've seen him mentioned in other places (in Rifts books I believe). Does anyone know who he is or what book I could read to find any information on him?

My guess is that the Joker of Palladium is an NPC from Kevin S's old Defilers campaign. Probably having something to do with the "Palladium of Desires" also mentioned in several books, but never expanded on.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

edited
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

The Joker ran the Palladium of Desires. He was an extremely powerful being, who often gambled with the Gods. Literally. Poker, blackjack, etc.

There are SUGGESTIONS that he was a God in his own right, but other suggestions that he was just a powerful being. Nothing DETAILED is ever mentioned on him, except that he ran the Palladium of Desires, he was really powerful, and that he won several runic items from various gods.

--
GS
:bandit:
Skiles99
D-Bee

Goliath Strongarm wrote:The Joker ran the Palladium of Desires. He was an extremely powerful being, who often gambled with the Gods. Literally. Poker, blackjack, etc.

There are SUGGESTIONS that he was a God in his own right, but other suggestions that he was just a powerful being. Nothing DETAILED is ever mentioned on him, except that he ran the Palladium of Desires, he was really powerful, and that he won several runic items from various gods.

--
GS

Ahhh, cool, thanks! Is this mentioned in any specific book?
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:The Joker ran the Palladium of Desires. He was an extremely powerful being, who often gambled with the Gods. Literally. Poker, blackjack, etc.

--
GS

No, No , NO he was in the Palladium of Desires but he didn't run it. He was powerful but no one ever knew how powerful. He wasn't a god and I don't remember him gambling with the gods just player characters.

He's mentioned a lot but I doubt Kev will ever give his stats in a book.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Skiles99
D-Bee

Thanks to you as well, Maryann!

And I agree with Tyciol, there's gotta be a Defilers sourcebook someday. :)
Skiles99
D-Bee

Rhett2.3 wrote:
Maryann wrote:

--
GS

No, No , NO he was in the Palladium of Desires but he didn't run it. He was powerful but no one ever knew how powerful. He wasn't a god and I don't remember him gambling with the gods just player characters.

isn't their a NPC in the 3 galaxies that is a demigod or godling that could fit that character.

Thraxus, yeah. Interesting point there...hmmm......
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

thraxus sure is a megapowerful godling... but his relation with the Palladum Joker is exactly nil
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Maryann wrote:

Well, I might be wrong, but I could have sworn I had read somewhere he RAN the PoD. Oh well. I never claimed to be right 100% of the time.

However, i DO know for a fact that he at least gambled with Thoth, cause in ONE of the books, (D&G, I THINK) it talks about Thoth losing a runic item to him...

--
GS
Skiles99
D-Bee

Svartalf wrote:thraxus sure is a megapowerful godling... but his relation with the Palladum Joker is exactly nil

Oh I'll grant you you're right as far as published material tells us, but it does lend itself to fun speculation, after all Thraxus was rumored to have somehow won or even stolen his godhood. Given his proclivity for gambling and other oddball stunts, I wouldn't have put it past him to have gained his godhood in a poker game.

And he does seem like someone who'd move in Thoth's social circle.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:
Maryann wrote:

Well, I might be wrong, but I could have sworn I had read somewhere he RAN the PoD. Oh well. I never claimed to be right 100% of the time.

However, i DO know for a fact that he at least gambled with Thoth, cause in ONE of the books, (D&G, I THINK) it talks about Thoth losing a runic item to him...

--
GS

Close, but no cigar. The item you're thinking of is Dragon Slayer Rune Armor from the back of Dragons and Gods, which Thoth did indeed lose while gambling at the Palladium of Desires, but he lost it to The Nameless Lord rather than The Joker
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Thraxus(and Inglix) was not a defiler. He is a creation of CJ Carella.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Skiles99
D-Bee

AzathothXy wrote:Thraxus(and Inglix) was not a defiler. He is a creation of CJ Carella.

Right you are. Nor has anyone implied otherwise.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Right you are, Lionheart. I saw that when I got home. Oh well, it just goes to prove that even Minotaur Gods aren't right 100% of the time...

--
GS

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”