Powers Question?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Furious_spanky

Powers Question?

Unread post by Furious_spanky »

In Rifts what are mundane weapons classified as?. My question is with invulnerability in rifts. 700 MDC and can't be affected by Mundane weapons? boom guns, MD lasers etc.... are these weapons munadane in this game system?. Since if broken down mundane is a weapon created by normal means in Rifts MDC can be created by normal means. So does invulnerabile character by these weapons like by a multi-reflex warhead damage wise(raditation will effect the character of course).
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Mundane = not magic.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

you can only be harmed by magic and psionic weapons, as well as super powers (energy expulsion, ect)

you take no damage from a boom gun.

MD weapons are still mundane.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

BrokenChild wrote:
dnjscott wrote:Here are the rules from the Conversion Book.

21: In the Rifts Conversion Book, it states that "Invulnerability" grants the hero with 700 MDC then goes on to say that he is hurt only by magic. When I blast a character with invulnerability with a laser (3d6 MD) does the character take damage from the mega-damage weapon.
Answer: If the laser is TW or otherwise magically based, it will inflict damage; otherwise, no.

In Skraypers, they added the rule that you take half damage of supernatural PS (Unless I was just blind before).

If you read through the Mechanoid source book, it proves that kinetic & energy based mdc weapons wielded by the armies of mechanoids was enough to conquer entire galaxies. including magical races, all opponents were annihilated. How could they do that if their weapons don't work on the average mystic who's got the invulnerability spell or a superhero with it ingrained? MDC weapons are effectivly treated as magical attacks especially energy-based weapons, *** is the difference between a lightning bolt and an ion-blast? Nothing they're interchangeable, read the desciption on the TW lightning sword in the original Rifts RPG, even gods can't stand up to f***ing particle beam cannons since everything has limited MDC, might be a particular god has 20,000 MDC but even so there are spaceships which can do that much dmg...

how did they? simple. they never ran up against anything with invunerability before. or if they did (as a spell) they kept up the barrage until it ran out.

the fact is they give specific exsamples of (vampires) being immune to duch attacks.

how then?

obviously, they havn't met one before.

(or if so, they nailed 'em with some wood)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Glitterboy places barrel of boomgun against forehead of invulnerable character and pulls trigger

Invulnerable character goes flying 30+ feet, tumbles to a stop.
Invulnerable character has HIDEOUS migrane, and ears ring.

Invulnerable character with Supernatural Strength of 60+ runs up, and tears glitterboy apart while pilot reacting to the fact that the characterès head is not missing, let alone even bruised! :lol:
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Rifts®”