Alternate OCC's

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Actually, the Rifts Wilderness Scout from RMB is closest to the Nomad Scout.

the Vagabond, from the same source, is more like the Invid Invasion Civilian personnel ... basically, an untrained civilian survivor ... only I would not be surprised if the Vagabond were actually more flexible than the classical civilian (forgive me, it's 2 in the morning here, I'm a bit lazy about going to make a proper comparison)
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

if you are not adverse to adding psychics, the BtS Natural, Latent, and Sensitive classes work well, though most of the rest would take more to shoe horn in.

this would also add a new level to some of the NPC's. (the often mentioned Max steriling as a PP Natural, Minmay as a sensitive, and Dana Sterling as a Latent.)

this would also allow you to give the Masters Psi-talents some real use.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

truth be told, most any OCC can fit right in. City Rat, Body Fixer, hell, even a Worldy Martial artist. heck, even a PF Wizard, line walker, or others would work. (they already have the Mystics of Pyrtyon)

just take away any unbalancing equipement and you'll be fine.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Original gritty feel? have we seen the same series?
(I never saw anything more than the "original" HG modified trilogy, and in French dubbing to boot)
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Several of the O.C.C.s in Mercenaries could be easily applicable.

If you have Wormwood, some of the O.C.C.s could be adapted without too much effort.

The PFRPG O.C.C.s could be adapted fairly easily (the non-mystic ones anyway), and they even have a "Peasant" O.C.C.

As somone else said...you could easily adapt almost any O.C.C. from any book, including HU and AU!
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

AlexanderDeath wrote:Normally I would consider agreeing with you - if I where looking for RCC's for alien races. Ley Line Walkers in ROBOTECH? you must not know much about the series - there is no "magic", never has been, thats why the SENTINELS where De-Canonized, and its not like the series ever got off the ground to begin with.

I know a good deal about the series. I also don't belive the sentinals should have been De-Cannonized, but oh well, in my mind it's just fine.

No - I want more conventional OCC's like the Vagabond that was mentioned before, also, for 3rd Gen settings it seems that the Rouge Scholar might work also?

that's fine. Roge Scholar works great, especially twords third Gen.

most other non-magical ones work too then. Rifts Mercenarys is easially applicable to Robotech later on. a lot of the new west OCCs.

Fitting an OCC from one concept to another isnt easy - most people dont ask themselves "Does this make sense?" before they try it, and dont even begin to think "should it make sense?" - which is what im trying to avoid. I want to keep with the original gritty feel that Robotech has, without getting into anything to, for lack of a better term, Muchkin like or just plain silly.

I find it easy for most Men Of Arms OCC's to stop them from being muchkin if you limit equipment. (Juicers are right out though). same with rouge shcolars.

I also find it easy to adapt concepts as well, but maybe that's just my imagination. I can belive anything.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

The Native American Tribal Warrior is a possible representative of humans who went back to their primitive roots. No magic is invovled if you leave out fetishes. It is sort of a primitive version of the Wilderness/Nomad Scout.

Rogue Scientist/Scholars would definately fit in one form or another in all three RT settings.

The Phase World Turbo Jockey works as another "natural" pilot class.

I think the specialty Operators found in one of the Rifter issues would also fit. You have a Wilderness Operator geared toward working with limited parts and supplies along with the City Operator who is more of a mechanic. Both fit well in different parts of the world.

The same with the Saloon Bum, and Saloon Girl, and Gambler from New West. They are just some of the average inhabitants of the earth.

As said before, the basic characters from Rifts Mercs would fit. Mainly the Spy, Thief, Safe Cracker, Forger, ect.

The Gypsy Thief is another one that fits in the post devastation world. If your looking to bring psychics into RT the Gypsy Seer, and Gifted will also work.

If I come up with more as I go I will add them.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Normally I would consider agreeing with you - if I where looking for RCC's for alien races. Ley Line Walkers in ROBOTECH? you must not know much about the series - there is no "magic", never has been, thats why the SENTINELS where De-Canonized, and its not like the series ever got off the ground to begin with.

No - I want more conventional OCC's like the Vagabond that was mentioned before, also, for 3rd Gen settings it seems that the Rouge Scholar might work also?

Fitting an OCC from one concept to another isnt easy - most people dont ask themselves "Does this make sense?" before they try it, and dont even begin to think "should it make sense?" - which is what im trying to avoid. I want to keep with the original gritty feel that Robotech has, without getting into anything to, for lack of a better term, Muchkin like or just plain silly.

Ahem I have a fre comments about that. One I do agree that RT has never had any magic whatsoever. But I disagree with the decannonization of sentinals. Now if you read the Sentinels RPG book very carefully it actually mentions that the Pertyonians ability that seems like magic is actually just a manipulation of their bio energy and not really magic though the exact way it is done is not know so it may as well be called magic. Hence why it seems like the Pertyonians use magic. TYVM
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Rifter #5, which as I recall was also the only Rifter to have a Robotech submission published.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

some of the more conventional headhunter types in Rifts canada should be able to work.

anything relying on cybernetics or magic (or both in the case of the monamo) would need droped.

:eek: :shock: just imagined a robot-slammer in a cyclone.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Re: Speaking of Rifter #5...

Basara_549 wrote:Want me to post my errata for the ABP-Z4, here?

If it's in a separate topic, sure :)

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Ashrune wrote:Finally, the Mechanoids make for a great, "Borg," like appearance to shake up older Robotech campaigns. They would side well with the Regent, but the Regis would get blasted because of here creation of type 5 Invid.

The mechanoids would vaporize both of them just because they have arms and legs.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”